What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like that the USA have a problem with rogue cops that end up hurting their citizens rather than protect them

Preparing for a 5:30 hr drive in a few days (Well, 23) and I have never driven that far by myself ever. I'm kinda worried in a sense, but then I realised, I've definitely driven 5:30 hrs in a day, just a little bit more spread out over the day and not in one go. Still, terrified. But oh god so excited.

I'm thinking I like this thread. But I haven't been a member long, so bear with me.

My real thoughts are that I can't concentrate on reading this forum and listen to my audiobook that I've been involved in today, and I don't like that. Usually I'm good at multi-tasking.

So yesterday, just after I got back from a run, showered, put on clean clothes and was about to eat dinner, my friend comes over to my house.  He's been asking to go for a walk for a while.  I've been on the busy side and also trying to keep up social distancing cause I don't want to get this virus and my family is older.

Not wanting to be an jerk, I agree to a walk, thinking it's going to be, you know, a normal walk.  Instead it turns into a 3 and a half hour march through my town, including the downtown area that was re-opened, to the next, oh and here's the real kicker, and we stop by someone's house that worked with coronavirus about a month ago.   I didn't walk up to the person, I just stayed away on the sidewalk.  At this point, I was pissed. I'd been explaining the whole time that I help with my elderly relatives and I don't want to be walking through crowds.  And on the way back, I was lectured unnecessarily about setting up a study schedule, my feet were killing me. I walked home as quickly as I could, barely talking, very annoyed. And to top it all off my dinner got eaten. Had I known ahead of time what this was going to turn into, I never would have agreed to it.

Like, no, I don't want to go walking all over town. And hell no do I want to visit someone who's worked with ******* coronavirus. **** dude. If you want to do that stuff yourself, fine, but don't rope me into it especially without telling me ahead of time so I even know what I'm agreeing to.

Now I'm hoping I didn't get infected by any asymptomatic carriers that may have been out.  Next time anyone comes over to my house unannounced when I'm about to eat dinner, I'm going to say sorry, but unless you are buying me dinner, you came over here for nothing.  There's been several times with this friend where I've been like, dude, I have to go home. I have to go to sleep. I can't stay out for hours and hours on end. My friend is a good guy, has been good to me in the past, don't get me wrong. But he can also be a real horse's ass at times.

Second time my xbf is drunk calling me in the middle of the night and babbling about his kid. 
He never wanted me to be me and did everything to keep me in his image.
Bleh... Just feel a bit alone tonight..

I wish I had a scale, so I could see if my running was having any effect on my weight or not. I've been running for a half hour or so every other day for a while now. I feel like I'm looking better in the mirror, but I hope I'm not just wishful thinking, and the right answer to lose stomach fat isn't really complicated and expensive.

If she calls him Babe out loud one more time in my house.I'm gonna write my anger out on a piece of paper ,screw it up and then burn it in the garden.If she calls him Babe.......Just want a long break from it all please.

TheSkaFish said:
I wish I had a scale, so I could see if my running was having any effect on my weight or not.  I've been running for a half hour or so every other day for a while now.  I feel like I'm looking better in the mirror, but I hope I'm not just wishful thinking, and the right answer to lose stomach fat isn't really complicated and expensive.

Basically this, again.  I'm not all the way there yet, but I'm definitely looking better.

TheSkaFish said:
TheSkaFish said:
I wish I had a scale, so I could see if my running was having any effect on my weight or not.  I've been running for a half hour or so every other day for a while now.  I feel like I'm looking better in the mirror, but I hope I'm not just wishful thinking, and the right answer to lose stomach fat isn't really complicated and expensive.

Basically this, again.  I'm not all the way there yet, but I'm definitely looking better.

A scale won't really tell you much.  Go by what you see.  Don't get bogged down by numbers.  But, a mile of basic running (flat ground, nothing special like sprinting or whatever) burns about 100 calories. If your clothes are getting bigger on you, you're losing weight.  That's all you really need to worry about.

*This message is brought you to by a "Do as I say, not as I do" mentality* :club: ::p

TheRealCallie said:
TheSkaFish said:
TheSkaFish said:

A scale won't really tell you much.  Go by what you see.  Don't get bogged down by numbers.  But, a mile of basic running (flat ground, nothing special like sprinting or whatever) burns about 100 calories. If your clothes are getting bigger on you, you're losing weight.  That's all you really need to worry about.

*This message is brought you to by a "Do as I say, not as I do" mentality* :club: ::p

Cool, yeah my clothes are definitely feeling less tight for sure.  Last summer some of my shirts were starting to feel painted on me, and then was when I said enough is enough, I guess I can't just automatically burn calories anymore.  I wasn't obese or really that different looking, but I just didn't feel good. I guess I just have to keep at it and be patient.  Can't expect 10+ years of pizza and beer with only irregular physical activity, to go away in a month or two. I don't mind a little extra on women but not on me :p

Latest posts

Back