What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2e22ac0a68a1b1f4ef7bc40398eb4abf.jpg

Kids are going with their dad tomorrow morning. I have a 3 day weekend off of work. Exciting.

[video=youtube]

First time I saw this scene it shook me. Avatar spent the entire film being reasonable, kind and for the most part peaceful. With the fate of the whole world at stake, and without knowing the truth about Elinore, the wise and powerful wizard sacrificed his own ideals for a quick and immediate resolution to the issue at hand. A resolution, but not a solution. His own kid brother, avatar has to shoot him down. It's so quick and easy. Here I was expecting a sick magical wiz biz battle and all I got was a tired and angry old man gunning down his brother to just make it all stop. The use of the gun is more than just cruel, it's (to me) symbolic of the cruel circle of life and death, more specifically warfare. Avatar chose to use violence to fight violence knowing for certain that it would only perpetuate the current state of things. Violence cannot put an end to violence. Only love can do that. Avatar turned his back on his love for the world and for his brother for but a moment and who knows what consequences that may bring for their world moving forward.

Wizards is a sick movie guys.

SolveEtCoagula said:
His own kid brother, avatar has to shoot him down. It's so quick and easy. Here I was expecting a sick magical wiz biz battle and all I got was a tired and angry old man gunning down his brother to just make it all stop.

Ha! ha! That made me laugh. It wasn't at all what I expected it to be. And yeah, WTF is up with the gun? I expected some kind of magic spell or something. Ha! Ha!

I'm thinking about being in a nice nature scene right now. It's very peaceful.

Up the ladder, wack the edges, down the ladder, wack the baseboards, up the ladder, caulk the cracks in the crown, down the ladder, wipe up that spill, up the ladder, hold these curtain rods, down the ladder, stand there and hold this, sand this, scrub that, buff this, spray that, dust this, dry that, etc.

Latest posts

Back