What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So lets get this straight.  People think 
iu
This is supposed to protect your from infectious disease when people that work with such diseases wear these 
6a74a87846d1981a78486190ae18.jpg
Yeah that makes logical sense.

Ha! Ha! Exactly! I'm soooooo Fing tired of hearing the powers to be say how wearing little crap masks are going to saves us all. It won't surprise me if the police are told to shoot(assassinate) people not wearing masks for the greater good of society.

I'm thinking why aren't we doing scientific studies to figure out what actually works. Then doing that instead of guessing and making enforceable mandations based on those guesses.

I think it's a placebo so the general population can feel like they can control it instead of having thoughts of hopelessness. It creates a team effect. Unfortunately the other side gets slammed for not being sheepeople. Oh well.

we_are_sheep_people_xlarge.jpeg

There ARE studies. Pretty sure I've given you a few. There are many more out there. And the reason they wear more PPE in other settings is because they need a sterile environment. It's more about protecting what they are WITH, not themselves.

TheRealCallie said:
There ARE studies.  Pretty sure I've given you a few.  There are many more out there. 

A link to one pertinent one was given. Thanks for that. Later I found that the CDC is partly basing their recommendation, that masks MAY help, on that study. The study concluded that bandanas (cloth masks) only help somewhat. But, a wet cloth helps much more.

I've also looked at and read a lot of studies. Most are very unreliable. To be honest, the only ones that mean anything are peer reviewed scientific studies using random data along with a control group. I have a feeling that such things exist but requires a subscription to gain access to them.
Well, I just looked at the CDC site and they adjusted their information again: 

"Cloth face coverings are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the cloth face covering coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice."

Although many doctors are positive that Covid-19 is airborne, partly due to it's fast transmission rate, the CDC has chosen to discount that while holding fast that everybody should wear masks because they sort of help.

Many politicians and the popular media has taken that weak recommendation as if it's gold and ran with it while ignoring other arguments.

From what I've seen, when out in public, most people aren't coughing, sneezing, or raising their voices. Most of the time they aren't even talking to each other. There is a fear of each other. However, I'm sure that's different when people are at restaurants, bars, and other social places.

Serenia said:
Off to work nine hours in a mask, hey ho better than being redeployed though.

That sucks. I've read some studies and doctor recommendations that wearing masks for prolonged amounts of time is bad. 

IF a person is infected the mask will keep some of the Covid-19 germs, as well as other germs, in the mask which will be breathed back and concentrated in the nasal passages which lead to the brain.

It's too bad we don't just protect the vulnerable, open most everything back up, and let things happen naturally.

Using the best estimated calculations I can come up with, in approximately 400 days, continuing on as we are, the virus will have infected nearly everybody. So, a little over a year. 

If we open most things up and let things happen naturally, while still allowing people to make their own decisions, it'll take about half that time.

So, is doing further economic damage worth it?

Finished said:
Serenia said:
Off to work nine hours in a mask, hey ho better than being redeployed though.

That sucks. I've read some studies and doctor recommendations that wearing masks for prolonged amounts of time is bad. 

IF a person is infected the mask will keep some of the Covid-19 germs, as well as other germs, in the mask which will be breathed back and concentrated in the nasal passages which lead to the brain.

It's too bad we don't just protect the vulnerable, open most everything back up, and let things happen naturally.

Using the best estimated calculations I can come up with, in approximately 400 days, continuing on as we are, the virus will have infected nearly everybody. So, a little over a year. 

If we open most things up and let things happen naturally, while still allowing people to make their own decisions, it'll take about half that time.

So, is doing further economic damage worth it?

We have to change them everytime we leave the department I work on, which can be every half an hour.  So they get changed regularly.  It does suck though.  I work with surgeons and they aren't fazed by it at all, they are used to using them for long hours on end.  Their ppe has increased too, from gown to suits, but they said they are quite comfortable.

I'm thinking that period of loneliness I felt yesterday afternoon was really honeysuckle.The wife at work and the kids off in a car to the beach leaving there loner Dad pissed off and feeling life is pants.I should have got off my arse and taken up the numerous invites my broth keeps putting my way.Or at the very least done  something productive..all the things I've been working on recently to integrate with people..lazy idiot I am. :club:

I think that in the place were I'm currently stuck (Dominican Republic) wearing a mask is obligatory and this is good. There is a jail time or a huge fine (a very impressive for the locals) for those who is not complying. It removes all the pro and contra and all the masks fights and stuff like that. You will be refused almost everywhere without a mask. I don't advocate for strict rules but the instructions should be clear and follow at least some logic. So, you won't see people arguing and name calling on the streets because of the masks.

Finished said:
I sure think about food a lot. I also love the feeling of being completed stuffed. I'm shocked that I'm still skinny.

I don't really have that feeling u_u
I'm either still kinda hungry, or literally full, as in, if I swallow anything else, I'm going to throw up (it has happened a few times) Last time was after a (too) copious meal at a buffet, and once back home, was feeling smeared, went for a glass of water, and.. it happened (let's stay out of the disturbing images xD)

Why do we know so much about how our eyes perceive color and how light refracts to cause those colors, but we can't help people with mental illnesses? Why don't we try harder to take care of the people on this planet instead of looking for life on others?

FrenchT said:
Finished said:
I sure think about food a lot. I also love the feeling of being completed stuffed. I'm shocked that I'm still skinny.

I don't really have that feeling u_u
I'm either still kinda hungry, or literally full, as in, if I swallow anything else, I'm going to throw up (it has happened a few times) Last time was after a (too) copious meal at a buffet, and once back home, was feeling smeared, went for a glass of water, and.. it happened (let's stay out of the disturbing images xD)

Ha! ha! That's too bad. Feeling full is one of my best feelings. I get a huge rush of Dopamine every time. Then I rub my stomach and I feel so totally relaxed. Ahhhhhh. It's like I accomplished my goal for the day. All my troubles and frustrations seem to melt away. 

But, when I'm hungry I'm a crazed maniac that will cut you if you get in my way of getting food.

It's like doing drugs to me. Well, it's actually a low blood sugar thing. 

I've only had the beyond over eating experience twice. Once was while being in a Thanksgiving day eating contest, which I won. The other was after a gorging event at a buffet. Neither experience was pleasant in the end. Ha! ha!

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back