What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're MacGyver now? šŸ˜
What are you working on?
An accurate digital bi-directional solar meter in order to see and monitor the net effects of my solar setup. The commercial ones are very expensive. There are no cheap solutions. However, there are plenty of projects that others have done. But, they are grossly inaccurate and just toys at best.

Accurately measuring anything any more has become very difficult. China has inaccurately copied and stolen all of our measuring device designs. However, they cheapened them to the point where most are just worthless now. So, one has to either pay a lot of money or make them themselves.

Borderline sucks. I wished I could be normal. I feel very lonely and abandoned due to my disease and dependency on what is called the fav person. Glad I can call the caretakers, I drove myself into another crises today.
I ask myself, are ppl, who don't have BPD, able to understand this feelings. The abscence of a fav person feels like the worst rejection ever and pulls me into self-doubts, fear and sadness and I need to fight self-harm and suicidal thoughts. When am I going to be kind of normal? I have only one choice, because I decided to not kill myself, means, to live with BPD and to face it. It's a ride with the devil.
Hi Melli12, I, too, have been diagnosed with BPD. When I was a younger woman, I used to cut. My personality would change like a chameleon. I was anorexic. I can give you some hope; it gets better with age. Hang in there!

I've been considering getting a leaf blower for such snow. Would have been helpful a few times this year....for like one day. After that, it's all compacted and honeysuckle, so a leaf blower would be useless.

For the Canadians, do you guys do something special to prevent pipes freezing? It's a lot colder up there than it is here, so maybe you have a magical fix to make them not freeze. And yes, I'm currently trying to thaw out a frozen pipe. lol

^ Keep your pipes underground. Keep your pipes covered up. Keep the water running. Use a propane burner on the exposed pipes every so often. Buy an electric pipe heater for the exposed areas of your pipes.

^ Keep your pipes underground. Keep your pipes covered up. Keep the water running. Use a propane burner on the exposed pipes every so often. Buy an electric pipe heater for the exposed areas of your pipes.
HEY, you don't live in Canada. Also, I know all those. This isn't my first rodeo. lol But yeah, I have no idea why it decided to freeze now that it's 20 degrees WARMER than it was last week. Hell, it's almost to freezing now, but there you go.
Frying_Pan_On_Head.gif

HEY, you don't live in Canada. Also, I know all those. This isn't my first rodeo. lol But yeah, I have no idea why it decided to freeze now that it's 20 degrees WARMER than it was last week. Hell, it's almost to freezing now, but there you go.
View attachment 4168
Well, knowing them isn't enough. You actually have to do them. Ha! ha! Spiralling a heating wire around an exposed pipe with quality non-flammable pipe insulation WILL keep it from freezing.

I've been considering getting a leaf blower for such snow. Would have been helpful a few times this year....for like one day. After that, it's all compacted and honeysuckle, so a leaf blower would be useless.

For the Canadians, do you guys do something special to prevent pipes freezing? It's a lot colder up there than it is here, so maybe you have a magical fix to make them not freeze. And yes, I'm currently trying to thaw out a frozen pipe. lol

In the winter, we have to turn up the temperature of our hearts to ensure the pipes don't freeze. It really sucks.

Why can't I stop thinking about pancakes? Oh, I know why, because they're absolutely delicious.

Hi Melli12, I, too, have been diagnosed with BPD. When I was a younger woman, I used to cut. My personality would change like a chameleon. I was anorexic. I can give you some hope; it gets better with age. Hang in there!

Thanks <3 Ppl Always told me it gets better between 30 and 40. It is better than in my twenties, but it's still hard.
My last fall-back with cutting is now about 5 years ago. I still do have cravings, but I use skills. I'm proud of it.
It's just still this huge emptiness inside and those childlike parts I struggle the most with, but I work in that in therapy.
And yes, loneliness and relationship issues.
If I would loose hope, I would loose all hope and that would be the same as to give myself up and maybe commit suicide. I had those moments in my life, but despite all that life can be beautiful and I decided to fight it and to believe in this beauty.

Okay, one pipe seems to be flowing again, the other is working on it...it has a drop of water hanging. lol It's weird though, the pipe farther from the heat source thawed first. Whatever, as long as they don't burst, I don't care.

Okay, one pipe seems to be flowing again, the other is working on it...it has a drop of water hanging. lol It's weird though, the pipe farther from the heat source thawed first. Whatever, as long as they don't burst, I don't care.
I call the landlord lol.
One solution is to change all your pipes to plastic. My dad up north did all plastic when he built his house, never regretted it.

I call the landlord lol.
One solution is to change all your pipes to plastic. My dad up north did all plastic when he built his house, never regretted it.

My pipes are plastic for the most part. The none plastic is only where it stays warm enough not to freeze. It's just two pipes I have issues with because they go outside the basement into a crawl space. I think they have froze maybe 4 times since I moved in a long ass time ago, so it's not horrible.

I've only ever had one burst and that's back when the temps were like -40 with the wind chill. That was a bad winter, ice storms were also involved. lol After that, all the weakened pipes were replaced and I only have issues with two that are away from the rest of the bunch. They are actually wrapped with that insulated pipe stuff and has fiberglass insulation around that. No idea how the hell it happened, but whatever, it's all better now.

Plastic easily splits. That's even happened to me only in the 20s F.
Lol I don't know. I'm a city guy with no house, he's the country guy who's owned homes and renovates. I know he hasn't had issues with his pipes in the last 20 years and he said it's because they were all plastic and it gets pretty cold up there, sometimes minus 35 celcius. Thats pretty much the extent of my knowledge šŸ˜‰

Back to work and went good.New employee dad hired was nice.He got to know me and thought it was cool I have not let what happened to .me hold me back.

Latest posts

Back