What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, our normal summer day here is 108F/42C. But we still have about 60 days or so above 110F/43C every year. Yesterday it rained so it was really humid. That brought the temperature down to 111F/44C. The feel like temperature really sucked. Ha! ha!

What I keep thinking is what determines extreme hot days. The news says other states are in extreme heat. Yet, where I'm at it's much hotter but it's considered mild heat.

When it's freezing here I don't say or think it's extreme cold. It's just cold. I considered high negative temperature extreme cold.

I just got told to f*#$ off by a 3 year old boy with an eye patch. Surreal.
Wow. Charming. The kid is off to a great start in life. . . :rolleyes: :confused:

Reminds me of when I used to walk my son to school when he was younger, and on the way back there was a school bus that used to drive by me. On that school bus where always two kids sitting at the back of the bus, maybe 9 or 10, who used to flip me the bird on their way by. Used to get a chuckle out of it, haha. I returned the gesture one day, then thought better of it and never did it again - figured it's not the best example to set from an upstanding parent like myself (I say that in jest. . . :unsure:;):ROFLMAO:)

Wow. Charming. The kid is off to a great start in life. . . :rolleyes: :confused:

Reminds me of when I used to walk my son to school when he was younger, and on the way back there was a school bus that used to drive by me. On that school bus where always two kids sitting at the back of the bus, maybe 9 or 10, who used to flip me the bird on their way by. Used to get a chuckle out of it, haha. I returned the gesture one day, then thought better of it and never did it again - figured it's not the best example to set from an upstanding parent like myself (I say that in jest. . . :unsure:;):ROFLMAO:)
Lol I would have been tempted maybe the stroking side of my face with one finger up lol.

It's really sad for this boy. His other three brothers are disrespectful and rude and his parents don't give one. His Father got convicted of a disgusting crime and escaped prison with a suspended sentence, and the wife defended him as a misunderstanding even with a massive amount of evidence. The whole family was having a fist fight with some of my other neighbours last week.

Don't flip them off back, just smile politely...and go home and CURSE THEM WITH BAD FORTUNE, instead!!! 🌞🌝

Lol I would have been tempted maybe the stroking side of my face with one finger up lol.

It's really sad for this boy. His other three brothers are disrespectful and rude and his parents don't give one. His Father got convicted of a disgusting crime and escaped prison with a suspended sentence, and the wife defended him as a misunderstanding even with a massive amount of evidence. The whole family was having a fist fight with some of my other neighbours last week.

All jokes aside, yeah, that's what I was thinking. The kid probably comes from a dysfunctional background, and is repeating words he hears at home without fully understanding what they mean.

I know they are dysfunctional I know the Dad's sisters are they are lovely people. At least they have their influence, I don't think it's enough.

I know they are dysfunctional I know the Dad's sisters are they are lovely people. At least they have their influence, I don't think it's enough.

At least there is some counterbalance. But yeah, in my experiences, bad influences are usually pretty strong. You really have to try hard to give people an alternative and make the high road more appealing.

It's just like Star Wars, the bad road is so tempting because it offers thrills and easy power.

Come on, autumn! Hurry up. I'm sick of summer already.

Agreed. This is just too much. I like that time of year when it's in the 70s F breezy and not humid...seems to be getting shorter and shorter every year.

A/C just turned on for the first time today, thank goodness.

I've been worried that my Star Wars collection and Transformers and everything else are going to melt in this heat, or at least suffer some kind of damage. It can get up to the low 80s F in the house at least. It might sound silly but we all have things we like that keep us going.

That's one thing that's starting to make me feel like maybe moving out would be a good idea...I worry that I can't take care of my things properly here, and my stuff is important cause it reminds me of better times, and is one of the increasingly few things left that brings me some amount of joy. I'd hate for it all to get destroyed because of the lousy environment.

Agreed. This is just too much. I like that time of year when it's in the 70s F breezy and not humid...seems to be getting shorter and shorter every year.

A/C just turned on for the first time today, thank goodness.

I've been worried that my Star Wars collection and Transformers and everything else are going to melt in this heat, or at least suffer some kind of damage. It can get up to the low 80s F in the house at least.

That's one thing that's starting to make me feel like maybe moving out would be a good idea...I worry that I can't take care of my things properly here. I'd hate for it all to get destroyed because of the lousy environment.
Wow. It must be super hot in your house if you're worried your collections will melt! How come the A/C is set so high? Can't you change it yourself? Our A/C is set to a (fairly) comfortable 21 C all day (that's 70 F for you weird Americans), although it could go lower for me. I'm one of those people who like to sleep with the window open in the depths of winter when it's -30 C outside, haha.

Come on, autumn! Hurry up. I'm sick of summer already.
ALREADY?!?!?! Summer is halfway over, I should hope my fellow snow lover would have been sick of it long ago. I was sick of it before summer even started.

But yes, summer needs to GTFO. 100 degree days for me the next three days then back into the 80's. Between the stupid sun and the heat, I have a migraine almost every **** day.

Wow. It must be super hot in your house if you're worried your collections will melt! How come the A/C is set so high? Can't you change it yourself? Our A/C is set to a (fairly) comfortable 21 C all day (that's 70 F for you weird Americans), although it could go lower for me. I'm one of those people who like to sleep with the window open in the depths of winter when it's -30 C outside, haha.

I could go into a detailed explanation but basically, money. What happens when you don't become a professional, I guess - either a skilled tradesperson or some kind of knowledge worker, either way someone with an expert license. It used to be that semi-skilled was enough to do OK, now it's fully skilled or you're going nowhere - not just nowhere, but backwards, as you won't be able to keep up with the pace at which everything gets more expensive aka the pace at which the world gets worse.

Wanting to live a different lifestyle than my parents should have inspired me to become a professional of some kind growing up, I always knew the way we lived and did things wasn't great and I knew I didn't want to repeat it, and I always had different priorities and values. But the thing is, our lives weren't that bad then either. For a long time, we maintained at "normal-ish", until we didn't.

I mean, I don't KNOW if my collections will melt, I just worry about it because it doesn't feel very good sometimes.

And 70 degrees F all day, sounds ideal. Windows open in winter...not so much!

Last edited:
I've been worried that my Star Wars collection and Transformers and everything else are going to melt in this heat, or at least suffer some kind of damage. It can get up to the low 80s F in the house at least. It might sound silly but we all have things we like that keep us going.

As long as they aren't in the sun, they will be fine. My grandmother is crazy and always has her house about 83 degrees. I literally can't go to her house in the summer, it's so disgusting. If I have to go over there, she always turns the A/C up and drops it to about 75, which I can tolerate, but I don't stay long.

As long as they aren't in the sun, they will be fine. My grandmother is crazy and always has her house about 83 degrees. I literally can't go to her house in the summer, it's so disgusting. If I have to go over there, she always turns the A/C up and drops it to about 75, which I can tolerate, but I don't stay long.

Ooh, yeah that sounds rough. I think it's about 79 F right now with A/C, 77 on a good day, 82 on a bad one.

I try to keep my things out of the sun...I was surprised when some of my stuff got sun damage even though it was in a closet. Now I keep my closet doors shut, and usually draw the curtains on these intense days. It wasn't til recently that I found out how bad UV rays are, even in the house.

Thanks for the reassurance, in any case.

Latest posts

Back