What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. The summer heat has officially arrived - 35 C tomorrow, not a frggin’ cloud in the sky. Ugh. At least we have central air in the house.
Ha! ha! I would love 35C/95F. Today it's 46C/114F here. The low temp tonight will be 32C/90F. We get used to it though. I don't even run the AC from 9pm to 6am. I'm thinking we'll probably get to 49C/120F a couple times this year. We'll see.

It's difficult to work outside because if you pickup a steel tool sitting in the shade it's hot. It'll burn your hand if it's been sitting in the sun for more then a few minutes. Every year or so someone fries an egg on the sidewalk to show how hot it is.

When it's around 46C/115F or above I try to stay inside. We usually only get about 35 or so days like that a year.

Ha! ha! I would love 35C/95F. Today it's 46C/114F here. The low temp tonight will be 32C/90F. We get used to it though. I don't even run the AC from 9pm to 6am. I'm thinking we'll probably get to 49C/120F a couple times this year. We'll see.

It's difficult to work outside because if you pickup a steel tool sitting in the shade it's hot. It'll burn your hand if it's been sitting in the sun for more then a few minutes. Every year or so someone fries an egg on the sidewalk to show how hot it is.

When it's around 46C/115F or above I try to stay inside. We usually only get about 35 or so days like that a year.
OMG, I wouldn't be able to function in that environment. Seriously, when it gets above 25 C, it's too hot for me. Last year, we had a 'heat dome' over B.C. - it got to 40+ C where I live - I didn't go outside for days.

How do you sleep if it only goes down to 32 C at night?? Your house must be sweltering.

OMG, I wouldn't be able to function in that environment. Seriously, when it gets above 25 C, it's too hot for me. Last year, we had a 'heat dome' over B.C. - it got to 40+ C where I live - I didn't go outside for days.

How do you sleep if it only goes down to 32 C at night?? Your house must be sweltering.
It's funny because when I wake up it's 29C/85F or so inside and it feels pretty good. I even sleep covered with a bed sheet. But, I don't sleep as well as I do in the cooler months. Every year people die from the high temperature inside their homes. The heat can definitely get to you. Sometimes it'll sneak up on you without you realizing it.

I used to really love the heat. I would go hiking in the middle of the afternoon on a hot summer day. I also did roofing in the summer here. But, I can no longer do that.

It's quiet tonight on my Street, yesterday was interesting shall we say lol. There is time yet, wait until that one neighbour has had one too many, and who his next target is. He picked two wrong ones yesterday. In all seriousness I hope he figures a way to want to help himself.

That is crazy. I can't even imagine those temperatures. I'm not looking forward to work this week. I work in the basement of a block and it is always hotter than outside and their is very little natural airflow? No window near my desk, not allowed fans due to Covid still around and definitely no air conditioning. We aren't used to these temps in the UK. The big bosses are good about hydration though we get water bottles sent round and we have ice water machines. They also get us icelollies sometimes. I feel more for my colleagues whose jobs are much more physically active than me too. The building isn't fit for purpose, there is plans for a whole new site, but I can't see it being built for at least ten years if not longer.

That is crazy. I can't even imagine those temperatures. I'm not looking forward to work this week. I work in the basement of a block and it is always hotter than outside and their is very little natural airflow? No window near my desk, not allowed fans due to Covid still around and definitely no air conditioning. We aren't used to these temps in the UK. The big bosses are good about hydration though we get water bottles sent round and we have ice water machines. They also get us icelollies sometimes. I feel more for my colleagues whose jobs are much more physically active than me too. The building isn't fit for purpose, there is plans for a whole new site, but I can't see it being built for at least ten years if not longer.
Blaaaaaa. That sounds bad. I'm sure it gets really humid in there too. Those temps are enough to make people sick especially if they aren't used to it. No fans. That really sucks!

Why do Nature Valley but 3 lousy bars in such a massive box? False advertising or easier to produce? Either way it's ******* annoying and wasteful.

Blaaaaaa. That sounds bad. I'm sure it gets really humid in there too. Those temps are enough to make people sick especially if they aren't used to it. No fans. That really sucks!
It's awful dread going in when it's hot. Luckily in the UK it's not that often lol. Plus are uniforms are made out of Polyester :(.

I was getting ready to buy what I thought was a lifetime subscription to Microsoft Office 2021, but I started reading reviews of this deal I saw being offered, and it turned out to (probably) be a scam.

fresia :mad: I hate that there has to be so much bullshit all the time...it's not as if life isn't already hard enough, without it.

I was getting ready to buy what I thought was a lifetime subscription to Microsoft Office 2021, but I started reading reviews of this deal I saw being offered, and it turned out to (probably) be a scam.

fresia :mad: I hate that there has to be so much bullshit all the time...it's not as if life isn't already hard enough, without it.
libreoffice.org onlyoffice ?

What I lack in financial resources I make up for in self maintenance resources. I'm grateful for this as it allows me to maintain my composition for a longer amount of time than what would be my technical competition at my job, were it not for the fact that I actually like these people and wish them no harm. But I don't know how to make them feel better, is the thing. It's been on my mind for the last like 2 or 3 days.

W. is upset because he had a pretty hardcore family fight after his aunt passed wherein his stepdad got drunk and said a bunch of abusive stuff he really shouldn't have said, and N. is dealing with feminine problems and I thought about buying her roses because of her mood rollercoaster, but the trouble is that everyone else on the staff is a woman and one's got a birthday in like 5 days, and I don't have the money for 9 women's worth of bouquets of roses. So IDK what to do or say.

But not being able to do anything to help anyone, kind of makes me feel shitty on its own. 😔

I'm hoping even though I tested negative 3 times this week, that this sniffle and sore throat isnt covid. I dont want to cancel my trip to my folks on monday

Latest posts

Back