What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about it it is partly my children who one is a tween and he other 3 teenagers, but also friends, rest of family and colleagues. I think I'm a doormat tbh and ots lead to this.
Ah...teenagers, I have one myself. I couldn't imagine having 3 and 1 in training. Are there specific behaviors, actions or reactions, attitudes or is just everything in general? Do you think that some of what the kids are doing is more out of age and not a direct disregard to your feelings? Is anyone ,especially your kids and family, aware of how you feel? People tend to get so focused on themselves and what's going on in their lives they fail to recognize when they are at fault.

So many things to discover, learn, interact with, so many places to see, so much that is unknown. So many personalities so many variations of music, culture, language where did it all come from, is there a source a point of origin to creation? How is it that a person becomes bored when there is so many things (possibilities) to explore its very interesting to me.

Last edited:
"Do you know Wonderwall?" Of course I bloody do. Everybody does. People who accidentally rubbed up against a guitar once and then never saw one again know how to play Wonderwall. And yet, people at parties, at jam sessions, at gigs, even in my own flippin' home, will ask me to play it for the rest of my life.

"Do you know Wonderwall?" Of course I bloody do. Everybody does. People who accidentally rubbed up against a guitar once and then never saw one again know how to play Wonderwall. And yet, people at parties, at jam sessions, at gigs, even in my own flippin' home, will ask me to play it for the rest of my life.
Oooh and Pink Floyd's Wish you were here.

Oooh and Pink Floyd's Wish you were here.
Hahah yeah, or Smoke on the Bloody water.

The only thing worse is the three-chord wonder. They're the other guitarist at the party, and they cannot wait to get their weirdly sweaty hands on your guitar. They learned two songs 15 years ago and cannot wait to show them off.

And because it's a party and you don't want to be a total prick, you'll let them have a go on your guitar and they'll give your guitar back and it feels all clammy and wrong and somehow evil.

Is it me or does everything seem so superficial now?

Yes. Yes it does.
Manufactured Personality.
People are products of their environment, these days their environment mostly consists of corporate-agenda media that they consume without thinking what they're consuming, next thing you know they're a College Freshmen in Psychology class decked out in Monster Energy Drink Point of Sale clothes because they took a job to sell Monster to college kids on campus and in return the company helps fund their tuition. -I don't know if that still happens, but I did actually meet a guy like that 14 years ago, and yes, that happened. Likewise, he suffered a low-grade heart attack. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back