What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worth I have to anyone in my life is to make them feel good, if I'm not doing that I am worthless to all of them.

The worth I have to anyone in my life is to make them feel good, if I'm not doing that I am worthless to all of them.
Wait...are you saying you are worthless unless you are making the people in your life feel good? Aren't people responsible for making themselves feel good? If that's what yoh are saying that seems like an unnecessary burden on your behalf. Or do I just not understand?

Wait...are you saying you are worthless unless you are making the people in your life feel good? Aren't people responsible for making themselves feel good? If that's what yoh are saying that seems like an unnecessary burden on your behalf. Or do I just not maybe
It's what I am worth to them. I only have any value when I am making them feel good. If I can't do that for whatever reason I am worthless to them.

It's what I am worth to them. I only have any value when I am making them feel good. If I can't do that for whatever reason I am worthless to them.

I don't think this is just a "you" thing. I think this is the way the world has been turning in recent years. It's like capitalism, competition, survival of the fittest, and hyper-individualism have seeped into every aspect of life, including lots of places where these things do a lot more harm than good. It's like that everywhere....jobs...romantic relationships...everywhere. It's like people don't believe that people, or life itself, has inherent value anymore - which is the opposite of what I thought I was taught was right growing up. It's been a shock for me too.

But, I don't think it's true. I think you're inherently valuable (y) You're not worthless. Keep your head up!

I don't think this is just a "you" thing. I think this is the way the world has been turning in recent years. It's like capitalism, competition, survival of the fittest, and hyper-individualism have seeped into every aspect of life, including lots of places where these things do a lot more harm than good. It's like that everywhere....jobs...romantic relationships...everywhere. It's like people don't believe that people, or life itself, has inherent value anymore - which is the opposite of what I thought I was taught was right growing up. It's been a shock for me too.

But, I don't think it's true. I think you're inherently valuable (y) You're not worthless. Keep your head up
Yes, what you said is much better. :)

Jesus, the amount I'll post just to remove a triggering thread from my latest posts list. 🙃

****, I'm dumb when I'm tired. Just not as much as when I'm not. Dumb. Or tired. What was the question again?

I’m thinking I can’t decide if it was a good thing that I was needed to come to work on my day off. There were several things I had planned for the day that now are postponed...no big deal, but disappointing because I got sleep last night and woke up in great mood and really motivated. Then I’m asked to come to work and once here Im stuck until 8pm. Shortly after arriving, I’m told something that pisses me the hell off. I can’t do anything because I’m at work but it’s probably for the best that I can’t leave because I would do something stupid.

Yep unfortunately some of this is on me because I made and raised/raising some of the selfish shits lol.
Oh...your children. Yes, that sounds about right. I was guilty of the same thing with my older sisters in my teens and 20's. For me, when they started telling me no, it was just a gradual shift in my expectations of them. They had a!ways given in to my every whim and spoiled me rotten so I expected it. Once I was set straight, not catered to, I learned to have a better appreciation for them as more than just what they could do for me. I hope I haven't misunderstood your situation. If so, excuse me. Either way, it would be best for all involved to give them a reality check. Trust me, if it worked on me there is definitely a chance. I was 100% primo selfish ******** with a spoonful of salt. Are they adolescents or young adults?

Oh...your children. Yes, that sounds about right. I was guilty of the same thing with my older sisters in my teens and 20's. For me, when they started telling me no, it was just a gradual shift in my expectations of them. They had a!ways given in to my every whim and spoiled me rotten so I expected it. Once I was set straight, not catered to, I learned to have a better appreciation for them as more than just what they could do for me. I hope I haven't misunderstood your situation. If so, excuse me. Either way, it would be best for all involved to give them a reality check. Trust me, if it worked on me there is definitely a chance. I was 100% primo selfish ******** with a spoonful of salt. Are they adolescents or young adults?
Don't worry about it it is partly my children who one is a tween and he other 3 teenagers, but also friends, rest of family and colleagues. I think I'm a doormat tbh and ots lead to this.

Latest posts

Back