What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydrogen Peroxide is a minor miracle. I've gotten many cuts and gashers over the years. Several times they have gotten infected. Sometimes badly infected with red lines growing towards my heart.

BUT, every time I've been able to take an abrasive pad, scrub the honeysuckle out of the wound, open the wound up, pour hydrogen peroxide into the wound, and it magically cleans it out. After doing this several times a day the infection disappears.

I say this because the deep cut on my hand from a few days ago keeps getting reinfected because I continue to use it. I can't really cover it up either. Then every evening, night, and morning I treat it with hydrogen peroxide and bam the infection goes away. It's slowly healing too.

So, if you get any wounds remember that hydrogen peroxide is your friend. :)

Hydrogen Peroxide is a minor miracle. I've gotten many cuts and gashers over the years. Several times they have gotten infected. Sometimes badly infected with red lines growing towards my heart.

BUT, every time I've been able to take an abrasive pad, scrub the honeysuckle out of the wound, open the wound up, pour hydrogen peroxide into the wound, and it magically cleans it out. After doing this several times a day the infection disappears.

I say this because the deep cut on my hand from a few days ago keeps getting reinfected because I continue to use it. I can't really cover it up either. Then every evening, night, and morning I treat it with hydrogen peroxide and bam the infection goes away. It's slowly healing too.

At what point would you consider seeing a doctor? If you were shot or stabbed would you attempt to treat yourself?

Random thing but i have a Braun shaver cleaning station and the refills cost way too much. You can use 70% IPA and essential oils (i use lemon scent) which actually works wonders. Stronger ipa is amazing for cleaning things/removing stickers and residue too :ROFLMAO: .

Random thing but i have a Braun shaver cleaning station and the refills cost way too much. You can use 70% IPA and essential oils (i use lemon scent) which actually works wonders. Stronger ipa is amazing for cleaning things/removing stickers and residue too :ROFLMAO: .
Lemon essential oil is my favorite. I put it in kinda inexpensive vodka and spray it around my house. Lemon, sage, and rosemary together is amazing as well.

Lemon essential oil is my favorite. I put it in kinda inexpensive vodka and spray it around my house. Lemon, sage, and rosemary together is amazing as well.
I do like the lemon scent. Those refills are 3 in a pack, but are way too expensive i think so the cheaper way does the same job.

At what point would you consider seeing a doctor? If you were shot or stabbed would you attempt to treat yourself?
Yes. I was stabbed with a box cutter, not major, and I stitched it up myself. Only took I think five stitches. And yes, it hurt like crazy. I couldn't do it nice and neat due to pain. I had to just kind of jab it through. I would try to dig the bullet out. But, if I couldn't or the bleeding was excessive then I would seek medical care. If the infection continually got worse I would seek medical attention.

One time I crashed on my motorcycle, cut up my arm and got road rash with rocks in my arm. I didn't have medical insurance. I drove to the hospital and asked how much it would cost for them to clean it all up. They looked at my like I was an idiot. Then they came back with $2,500. I told them to stick it. The told me to go to the county hospital. So, I did.

They said it would be about $1,500. I told them to stick it. I went home, pulled the rocks out, scrubbed the honeysuckle out of it, blood was everywhere, and poured in my friend hydrogen peroxide. I missed a couple spots and it got infected. But, I reopened the wounds and kept doing my thing until all the infections were gone and it slowly healed up.

Yes. I was stabbed with a box cutter, not major, and I stitched it up myself. Only took I think five stitches. And yes, it hurt like crazy. I couldn't do it nice and neat due to pain. I had to just kind of jab it through. I would try to dig the bullet out. But, if I couldn't or the bleeding was excessive then I would seek medical care. If the infection continually got worse I would seek medical attention.

One time I crashed on my motorcycle, cut up my arm and got road rash with rocks in my arm. I didn't have medical insurance. I drove to the hospital and asked how much it would cost for them to clean it all up. They looked at my like I was an idiot. Then they came back with $2,500. I told them to stick it. The told me to go to the county hospital. So, I did.

They said it would be about $1,500. I told them to stick it. I went home, pulled the rocks out, scrubbed the honeysuckle out of it, blood was everywhere, and poured in my friend hydrogen peroxide. I missed a couple spots and it got infected. But, I reopened the wounds and kept doing my thing until all the infections were gone and it slowly healed up.
Now we know why the odd burn from welding and random nicks from using tools doesn't do honeysuckle to you :ROFLMAO:

Yep. I should take a pic of my shirt to show all the holes burned through it. There are even burn holes in the back of it. Ha! Ha!
A while back i was watching a reality hospital programme and the guy worked with metal. His shoe had a hole in it, as did his sock and he had a burn on the top of his foot :ROFLMAO:

Yep. I should take a pic of my shirt to show all the holes burned through it. There are even burn holes in the back of it. Ha! Ha!
Making it rain....with hot metal and sparks. The strip club edition sounds better and the outcome is better if you pardon my pun

A while back i was watching a reality hospital programme and the guy worked with metal. His shoe had a hole in it, as did his sock and he had a burn on the top of his foot :ROFLMAO:
Yep. That's exactly what happens. Ha! ha! I was welding today and several pieces of hot metal burned through my shirt and landed on my chest. I could feel, hear, and smell my skin sizzling. But, I was in the middle of a weld so I just kept going. The burns will heal.

Yep. That's exactly what happens. Ha! ha! I was welding today and several pieces of hot metal burned through my shirt and landed on my chest. I could feel, hear, and smell my skin sizzling. But, I was in the middle of a weld so I just kept going. The burns will heal.
That guy didn't give a honeysuckle as it's happened to him a lot. He just hopped around a lot, but it probably hurts more in certain places due to nerves etc.

Yeah, after awhile you just get used to it. I have a leather welder's apron. But, I hate using it.
That's for pussies :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . Some guy got his eye burned by a spark, which is way more ******* scary and i think it had happened to him in the past as well. Any pain now is a good distraction from my depression, but i don't actively go round kicking things etc:ROFLMAO:

That's for pussies :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . Some guy got his eye burned by a spark, which is way more ******* scary and i think it had happened to him in the past as well. Any pain now is a good distraction from my depression, but i don't actively go round kicking things etc:ROFLMAO:
I've been lucky. Sometimes I spot weld without a helmit, goggles, or glasses. I just close my eyes right before I start welding. I've never gotten weld splatter in my eyes. But, I've gotten little pieces of metal in my eyes a few times when cutting/grinding steel. One time a long time ago I had to get a piece of steel cut out of my eye. The hospital refused to do it. Only an eye surgeon was willing to do it.

I've been lucky. Sometimes I spot weld without a helmit, goggles, or glasses. I just close my eyes right before I start welding. I've never gotten weld splatter in my eyes. But, I've gotten little pieces of metal in my eyes a few times when cutting/grinding steel. One time a long time ago I had to get a piece of steel cut out of my eye. The hospital refused to do it. Only an eye surgeon was willing to do it.
Jesus Christ. You have been through the ******* wars with DIY.

I hate it when you have ideas and little motivation to do them.

Latest posts

Back