What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billionaires on "adventure" sure - but they're still human beings. I found the celebrations of their deaths on social media (particularly the 19yo) quite chilling and indicative of a disturbing trend.
I agree. Given what has been shown and said from people who previously when on the thing, I'm not sure why anyone would want to go on that one, but it's their choice. Doesn't mean they deserved to die or that it's some big joke. It's a tragedy.

Totally agree. And you guys already know where I stand on things like billionaires, capitalism, income inequality, etc. I feel like the "disturbing trend" you're speaking of is the increasing polarization of almost everything these days. We have to get back to a more middle ground, back to a sense of balance and fair(er) play.

It's one thing to disagree about that stuff, even strongly.
But another to actively celebrate someone's demise like that, even if they're on the other side. I also found that inhumane.

I remember when we were thinking that they were stuck down there running out of air, that it must be a terrible way to go and that no one deserves it, even if I might disagree with them on big issues - not that what happened is much better.

And the kid was said to be a decent guy. I know the media could be saying anything, but until I see proof otherwise, I'm inclined to believe it's true.

The whole thing is a shame in any case.
I know that the kinds of people that like to do this kind of stuff, aren't really into waiting around for safety and regulations, but at the same time, situations like this show that the more extreme of a thing you're trying to do, the more important thorough safety checks really are. Hopefully people will keep this in mind going forward.

Might as well just change the forum name to "An Incel Life" Or maybe just "Let's find excuses Life" It's just ridiculous at this point and very likely why this forum is dead, contrary to popular opinion that it's my fault......

I feel like I see both sides of this.
On the one hand, it could just be what's on some people's minds and they want to get it off their chest.
On the other, too much of the same thing does get repetitive and if someone thinks that's all that goes on here, it might make them feel like there's nothing for them here to make them want to stay.

Maybe we could try coming up with different topic ideas?
I have a few I might try sometime.

Class, Caste, and Currency are all on the last teeth of their cogs.
Along with it is Morality, Faith and Civility, also on the last teeth of their cogs.
Society needs to find new motivation, fast.
Preferably one that doesn't imply or involve some kind or form of slavery.

Class, Caste, and Currency are all on the last teeth of their cogs.
Along with it is Morality, Faith and Civility, also on the last teeth of their cogs.
Society needs to find new motivation, fast.
Preferably one that doesn't imply or involve some kind or form of slavery.

I hope so.
Not only have I been frustrated with "the way it is", but I'm just BORED of it.
It would be nice if humanity could come up with a new direction, that wasn't just running the same circles eternally.
It would be nice if we could finally outgrow it and do something else.

I hope so.
Not only have I been frustrated with "the way it is", but I'm just BORED of it.
It would be nice if humanity could come up with a new direction, that wasn't just running the same circles eternally.
It would be nice if we could finally outgrow it and do something else.

I'm actually hugely supportive of source materials and things that are freely available. :)

Whew! honeysuckle’s getting real, house goes on the market next week. Massive changes happening, getting excited and a little freaked.
Wow! I remember you mentioning you may be moving, but that was quick!. Good luck hope it all works out incredibly well for all of you.

Not normally of fan of this youtuber, but this is upload is dead on target. Forming strong social bonds in your 20s is critical. There's no substitute for a social circle.

Not normally of fan of this youtuber, but this is upload is dead on target. Forming strong social bonds in your 20s is critical. There's no substitute for a social circle.

I think sleepaway college helps greatly in this.
I commuted to college, 20 mins from my house, and TBH, at the time I wanted no part of sleepaway college.
I found the idea of living in a dorm, with roommates, very off-putting.
But guys who went to those seems to have made friends for life and even at my age still help each other out.
Not to mention meeting girls, many of which became SOs.

Wow! I didn't know you were moving. Best of luck, and hope everything goes smoothly! ✌️
Aww, thanks. Working out so far, but stressful with lots of logistics involved.

Wow! I remember you mentioning you may be moving, but that was quick!. Good luck hope it all works out incredibly well for all of you.
Yeah, it’s something we’ve been thinking about for years now and we weren’t really expecting to do it this soon. Just circumstances worked out that way. Moving all the way across the country to the Maritimes, will make for an epic summer road trip! 🏡🚗

Is that Nova Scotia?, they're Scottish right?. Get some 'see you jimmy' hats you'll fit in like lifelong locals straight away. 😇 (y)
Haha, Yep, Nova Scotia! And yes, lots of Scots - especially up in the Cape Breton area. My dad was Scottish, I’ll fit right in. 😂 We’ll be on the other side of the province though, South Shore area - lots of Acadian French around there.

Aww, thanks. Working out so far, but stressful with lots of logistics involved.

Yeah, it’s something we’ve been thinking about for years now and we weren’t really expecting to do it this soon. Just circumstances worked out that way. Moving all the way across the country to the Maritimes, will make for an epic summer road trip! 🏡🚗

That's wild, no more BC for you then huh? I could be wrong but I feel like you were there a long time.
Is it going to be a culture shock, or were you originally from the east coast, and moved out west?

Also I just realized that "Nova Scotia" literally means "New Scotland". Guess I never thought about it, but it makes sense.

Enjoy your cross-country cruise, and hopefully you won't be too bothered by all that smoke!

That's wild, no more BC for you then huh? I could be wrong but I feel like you were there a long time.
Is it going to be a culture shock, or were you originally from the east coast, and moved out west?

Also I just realized that "Nova Scotia" literally means "New Scotland". Guess I never thought about it, but it makes sense.

Enjoy your cross-country cruise, and hopefully you won't be too bothered by all that smoke!
I've been in B.C. most of my life, yes. It'll be a bit of culture shock for me, I have no doubt, but a good culture shock. Lots of history back there and I'm a big history buff. I've never been further east than Alberta (one province away), so this is a HUGE adventure for me. My husband is originally from Nova Scotia.

The smoke situation is normally far, far worse here in B.C. than the East. There's been summers here where we are so socked in with thick smoke that you can't even really see the house across the street and the sun is a like a dark orange ball in the sky - brutal! Wildfires in B.C. get worse and worse every year, just this year they're all centred in northern B.C. so we're not getting smoke like we normally would. It's been a bad year for fires all across Canada though, including Nova Scotia which rarely gets wildfires.

Haha, Yep, Nova Scotia! And yes, lots of Scots - especially up in the Cape Breton area. My dad was Scottish, I’ll fit right in. 😂 We’ll be on the other side of the province though, South Shore area - lots of Acadian French around there.
Sounds like you're in for an awfully big adventure, I'm slightly jealous now.

I forget how big the countries are that some of you folk live in, the furthest northern point in the UK to the furthest southern point is less than a 15 hour drive. Proper micky mouse distances ... bloody hell there's barely room for my ego.

I've been in B.C. most of my life, yes. It'll be a bit of culture shock for me, I have no doubt, but a good culture shock. Lots of history back there and I'm a big history buff. I've never been further east than Alberta (one province away), so this is a HUGE adventure for me. My husband is originally from Nova Scotia.

The smoke situation is normally far, far worse here in B.C. than the East. There's been summers here where we are so socked in with thick smoke that you can't even really see the house across the street and the sun is a like a dark orange ball in the sky - brutal! Wildfires in B.C. get worse and worse every year, just this year they're all centred in northern B.C. so we're not getting smoke like we normally would. It's been a bad year for fires all across Canada though, including Nova Scotia which rarely gets wildfires.

Oh man. Well, I think I can see why you felt like now would be the perfect time to get out of dodge.
The sun was an orange ball for me yesterday too. It was so weird, like I was on another planet. It's done that a few times this year. I've been stuck inside the past several days due to the smoke, cabin fever is starting to drive me crazy.

Anyway, like you said, there will be a lot of history for you to explore over there. Hope it turns out for the best!

Latest posts

Back