What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking about the negative impact of talking to one's self excessively, and not enough to other people. Too much talking to yourself and not others puts you in another kind of comfort zone, and we all know how difficult it is to exit those. So, you talk to yourself so much that you don't feel as calm and collected when talking to others. Talking to yourself, you don't have to articulate things perfectly because you already get whatever it is you're getting at. Of course, this isn't so when talking to other people. You have to articulate your thoughts well. And the habit just goes on and on and you get lazier and lazier in your articulation of thoughts and a fear about speaking to others is developed - a fear that they will not understand you. Well, duh. They won't because you've been too accustomed to speaking to yourself in a code developed by you, for you!

jjam said:
I am thinking about the negative impact of talking to one's self excessively, and not enough to other people. Too much talking to yourself and not others puts you in another kind of comfort zone, and we all know how difficult it is to exit those. So, you talk to yourself so much that you don't feel as calm and collected when talking to others. Talking to yourself, you don't have to articulate things perfectly because you already get whatever it is you're getting at. Of course, this isn't so when talking to other people. You have to articulate your thoughts well. And the habit just goes on and on and you get lazier and lazier in your articulation of thoughts and a fear about speaking to others is developed - a fear that they will not understand you. Well, duh. They won't because you've been too accustomed to speaking to yourself in a code developed by you, for you!

True.

God M**K you're such a (insert word here). Its times like this I remember why I was so bloody miserable. I give up. White flag. I'm done. Over.

All righty then. It's friday morning, last eight hour of the week and I'm free to go home to nurse my cold. I got a playlist full of blues, half a lunch, it's dark, and I'm running on fumes. :)

I want chocolate and the only chocolate I have in in the form of a very high calorie dessert and I already feel fat so I don't wanna eat, but I really want chocolate :(

i wish i could just not care about it or not feel it but its always there. it just feels so unlikely to happen and at the same time its all i can think about.

i cant blieve it
massive xplanation
massive understanding
massive amazement
ty ty ty
chains r off now

IgnoredOne said:
In a few more hours, I will get to panic about non-work related stuff.

Lovely.

Are you sure you're not my evil twin? That might explain why I've never been able to grow a moustache or a beard, actually. :p

Latest posts

Back