What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My shuffle appears to be playing all of the songs I almost forgot about...I need more of these kinds of reminders in my life.

I never anticipated that this forum would be so toxic, which is probably very naive of me considering the types of afflicted individuals that would inhabit such a forum.
Mate, this place has always been toxic it's just now they are the majority. the biggest problem most of them have in their lives is themselves.

I'm only here because someone asked me to stay, else I'd have f*cked off like most everyone else.

Merry Christmas man, hope you have a good 'un.

Mate, this place has always been toxic it's just now they are the majority. the biggest problem most of them have in their lives is themselves.

I'm only here because someone asked me to stay, else I'd have f*cked off like most everyone else.

Merry Christmas man, hope you have a good 'un.
Cheers. I’m not sure what’s keeping me here. Maybe because I don’t have much else to keep me occupied.

Every place has good and bad. It's just a matter of whether or not you can handle the bad that is in any given place. It is what it is, but you have to remember where we are. Like Walnut said, people are depressed and sad, which can make people angry and even "toxic" Doesn't mean they are bad people, exactly, just that they are struggling. Hell, I was in that place when I first came here. All we can do is try to help each other....or I suppose, leave.

It is? So I guess I should leave then?
Yes it is. But my point was to humble you. Not alienate you so that you leave.

@okidoke You make some of the most positive efforts here I have seen. You have started many positive threads. You always respond to those asking for help with thoughtful words. You post here with your own vulnerabilities. You seem like a genuine person who is honestly trying to help. I consider you a life blood of this place and wish you wouldn’t leave.

But complaining in front of people about how they are toxic, is toxic in itself.

I wish they were more people here like you to help support you. Unfortunately there aren’t. That doesn’t make the other members here toxic.

Tomorrow is Christmas. A time of year where most of those toxic people have no where to go. Or no where safe to go. Many of us are battling our own demons right now, because Christmas is happy time.

So maybe right now my own nerves are strained because finding a way to be honestly okay with myself is hard right now.

Bitchin about this place being toxic and wanting to leave, but not leaving, is toxic.

. All we can do is try to help each other....or I suppose, leave
It's very plain to see which option the vast majority of people have taken over the last 12 months. But keep your gob shut or f*ck off. What a pair of clowns

Last edited:
Well, it’s the first green Christmas here in Canada I’ve experienced in many years - and seems the same from coast-to-coast. Even the Rocky Mountain city I moved from earlier this year has zilch for snow. Crazy!

Wishing everyone a very Happy/Merry Christmas , wherever you may be. I hope that you all manage find a little spark of light and laughter this season. Despite the troubles and challenges we all face, I hope that we can all muster the strength to keep smiling and being kind to each other.

Happy holidays all, I am off to bake Christmas Eve herb bread and get cheery! 😊🎄

.... my point was to humble you......
I didn't realised I needed humbling

I wish they were more people here like you to help support you. Unfortunately there aren’t. That doesn’t make the other members here toxic.
I don't think forum members are toxic because I'm not getting support, but because too much of what is said in the forum between people is negative or upsetting to me.

So maybe right now my own nerves are strained because finding a way to be honestly okay with myself is hard right now.
It's a strain I struggle with each day. I hope it eases for you.

Merry Christmass to all 🎄
I made a Christmas Thread I wish you a nice one :)

Last edited:
It's very plain to see which option the vast majority of people have taken over the last 12 months. But keep your gob shut or f*ck off. What a pair of clowns
All this woman has ever done in here is help people. She doesn’t mess around while doing it because she makes you look at yourself right away to face what is going on with you. She wants you to look at yourself first to make a change or have a new attitude instead of trying to come up with a way to change others first. Most of us want to change others and not ourselves.

This woman has done nothing but help me and for that I am forever grateful.

I don't think forum members are toxic because I'm not getting support, but because too much of what is said in the forum between people is negative or upsetting to me.
You should have been here when I first got here. There was lots of lack of support here but also support. Depends on who you talked to.

Happy holidays all, I am off to bake Christmas Eve herb bread and get cheery! 😊🎄

Herb bread? What happened to bread sauce? :)

Ahh, no worries! My beloved bread sauce will be made, as always, to be served with turkey dinner. It isn’t Christmas without bread sauce! Just made herbed bread as something extra and different this year. 😊

Herb bread I would try. I remember bread sauce and I am still on the fence with that. No matter what you have please have a wonderful day.

Latest posts

Back