What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy New year to everybody! 😁

I'm grateful for being alive and healthy with a roof over my head, food in my cupboards and clothes on my back. Maybe cliched and obvious to some, but there was a time when I couldn't list all those things off (I was never homeless but nearly and in an awful way).

I could just do with getting a job and that's really my one big goal.

And a lady wouldn't go amiss either, but not COMPLETELY essential 😊

Last night alone. I booked the test to get my learners license yesterday. Have until the 15th to study. The lady tried to convince me to study before I book it, and I had to admit that I've been doing it that way for 14 years lol. Thought perhaps I'll perform better under a time crunch.

Last night alone. I booked the test to get my learners license yesterday. Have until the 15th to study. The lady tried to convince me to study before I book it, and I had to admit that I've been doing it that way for 14 years lol. Thought perhaps I'll perform better under a time crunch.
Good luck I hope you pass. So you have to pass a test to get a license to learn? is it driving?.

So many people my age have given up.

Been gyming it for years now but almost never see anyone over 35, and that's after getting multiple memberships, going at different times. Very occasionally I'll see an older guy. Never women near my age. (Where are all the happily childfree women living their best lives I keep reading about?) 75% of gymgoers look under 25.

You know life is really over when normies around you stop caring about their own wellbeing or trying anything new. All attempts to get people out of their comfort zones have fallen flat. The number of heavy drinkers self-medicating depression with booze is disturbing:

Dead eyes, glazed over expressions. 40 going on 55.

As someone who missed out on youth, this feels devastating. Self-improvement is literally just for one's self now; it's clearly not going to lead to a social circle of energetic youthful people to share activities with. Enthusiasm at this point in life is limited to hollow materialism. Greedy mentalities I personally find irksome. I can't stand those kind of conversations. I don't want to hear about the rental market, or your housing portfolio... f**k off with that.

Nothing for me within my age group, but realistically, too old to be paling around with twenty something's like some creepy uncle figure. And I've said all this before, but it's the same wall I'm banging my head against. Aging destroys it all.

My wee girl and her hubby went away for the festive season. I've just had a call from her and they will be back tomorrow.

I was left home alone and I had a very merry Christmas and a jolly old new year ..... I am so f*cked! she'll never speak to me again.

Awesome! Let us know how it goes and if you can get another shot at an interview. Fingers crossed for you! 🤞Moral of the story: always check your email regularly. 😁

Well, it looks like I didn't get my shot. It was an office coordinator position at a local library, decent pay for what it is, with some real accounting tasks to give me experience. I actually really wanted this, it wouldn't have been too bad while I study for a better qualification.

I just hope my name isn't mud at this place, from now on.

I've definitely been checking that account daily now. I can't believe they replied so fast though, with something other than "no". I've never had that happen before so I wasn't expecting it.

Well, it looks like I didn't get my shot. It was an office coordinator position at a local library, decent pay for what it is, with some real accounting tasks to give me experience. I actually really wanted this, it wouldn't have been too bad while I study for a better qualification.

I just hope my name isn't mud at this place, from now on.

I've definitely been checking that account daily now. I can't believe they replied so fast though, with something other than "no". I've never had that happen before so I wasn't expecting it.
That’s too bad. Sounds like it would have been ideal for you to begin with. Regardless, I hope this has bolstered your confidence! You have much more going for you than you think you do. 😊

Do you not get email notifications on your phone? If not, I would suggest you set it up, at least for the email you are using for work related things. That way, you don't miss important stuff like that.

Do you not get email notifications on your phone? If not, I would suggest you set it up, at least for the email you are using for work related things. That way, you don't miss important stuff like that.

My phone isn't set up yet, but I could probably get desktop email notifications on the PC.

I'm just starting to get used to Gmail, but I should be able to figure it out.

My phone isn't set up yet, but I could probably get desktop email notifications on the PC.

I'm just starting to get used to Gmail, but I should be able to figure it out.
This'll be your year man, I'd give you some mudras and mantras but I know it ain't your style, I have a feeling. it's gonna be good (y)

I notice that so many American sitcoms have so much conflict in relationships. King of Queens, Modern Family, Everyone Loves Raymond, just to name a few. Is this a real reflection of society? I’ve been with my wife for 32 years. We’ve maybe have a dozen conflicts in that time. If we did it as often as I see depicted in these shows, I doubt we would’ve lasted a year. I guess people just love watching drama.

Latest posts

Back