What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love correcting grammar... I know this guy, no matter how many times I tell him, he uses an apostrophe to make things plural... And he thinks he is the king of grammar, but this editor and I love to go through his posts and correct every little thing possible. :p

The Wonderful Sin said:
I love correcting grammar... I know this guy, no matter how many times I tell him, he uses an apostrophe to make things plural... And he thinks he is the king of grammar, but this editor and I love to go through his posts and correct every little thing possible. :p

When people use the " apostrophe-s" to pluralize, it makes my blood pressure go way, way up. When I see it in a freaking NEWSPAPER, then I really know that the end is nigh.

Exactly, lol. I was reading NYT articles last night, and I found so many problems with one journalist... I mean she had at least 10 grammar mistakes... in the first paragraph, and she didn't have a summarizing paragraph... It all just boiled my blood. lol Had to read the entire article to understand what it was about

The Wonderful Sin said:
Exactly, lol. I was reading NYT articles last night, and I found so many problems with one journalist... I mean she had at least 10 grammar mistakes... in the first paragraph, and she didn't have a summarizing paragraph... It all just boiled my blood. lol Had to read the entire article to understand what it was about

"Journalism English" has a number of problems with it, namely the passive voice. *retch*

I've seen some pretty flagrant examples of the dreaded comma splice in official English. In more casual settings in the internet like forums and, in some cases, blogs, it's ok, because people are trying to compensate for the lack of cues like intonation and pauses by other means, like quotation marks and commas and the oft-abused ellipse.

Kid #2 is screaming and crying (up in her room, I banished her from my sight) because I won't let her have a huge bag of microwave popcorn as a snack. According to her, I am "the Meanest Mommy in the Universes" - all of them, I guess. hehe

Hey, if she's hungry she can have an apple. I don't have time for this nonsense. I have to do the dishes before I figure out what to feed my spawn for dinner.

She's pissed now, wait until she discovers that there is no dessert tonight. Mwahahahahahaaaa....

lol, speaking of, I'm hungry. It's like 1:30 and I have an hour and a half until school gets out, but I'm starving. Think I'll start dinner around 5 or 6 tonight. :p

I'm thinking I wish my apartment building's fire alarm would stop screaming! It goes off every time someone burns their toast, and it takes the firefighters (who have to turn it off) about half an hour to get here. If you go stand outside when it goes off because you think there's a fire people laugh at you out their windows. When there's a real fire nobody will realize it and we'll all burn.

I wish I had money... And friends who had L4D for the Xbox and would help me get the achievements I need... And I wish I had L4D2 and money for DLC... And I wish I had food.
And I wish I had money for stuff...
I wish I could find a job. Why does the economy suck balls right now?

I don't want to go to rhetoric

rhetoric is lame

you know what ******* screw it, I'm pretty sure the other groups are just going to present

hate that class

i did so much work for that group i think i deserve a break

also my therapist is really trying to push the get up everyday at the same time philosphy

what is he crazy, doesn't he understand the beauty of the 5 hour nap or the 12-15 hour saturdaynight sleep

ahh good times

screw the sunlight when i dream I've got ******* purple suns

and becuase I like reading your thougts, they're the perfect distraction and procrastination technique for putting off homework

man today just screams ditching

i tottaly deserve it after all that midterm honeysuckle last week

also i kick ass at the air violin

also i wonder If I'd be able to sneak some taco's out of the cafiera

Purple suns, eh? Maybe Sin could stand the sun if it were purple...

Dinner is only half an hour away from being ready.Almost overslept with my nap and missed putting it in and all. lol. Now watching Kitchen Nightmares and waiting for dinner.

It's Friday and the kid has a stomachache. I can see that she is angling for a sick day so she can stay home with Mommy.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
let her stay home i say :)

She's home. She puked, that's an automatic "stay out of school" card. They'd just sedt her home anyway. Now she's all wrapped up in blankets on the couch with a bucket handy.

Latest posts

Back