What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm trying to remember the last time i felt not self-induced, rational happiness, but pure 100% happiness... and i think i'll probably fall asleep before i find the answer.

I can't trust my own judgement on relationships/feelings. How the hell could anyone else like/trust someone who doesn't value their own judgement on such things?

That's what I'm thinking. There's a long a boring story behind this you wouldn't read even if I could be bothered to type it. Do you all trust your own feelings about people, feelings about feelings etc?

argosgold said:
I can't trust my own judgement on relationships/feelings. How the hell could anyone else like/trust someone who doesn't value their own judgement on such things?

That's what I'm thinking. There's a long a boring story behind this you wouldn't read even if I could be bothered to type it. Do you all trust your own feelings about people, feelings about feelings etc?

maybe you need to find the right someone how can help you shed some light on that judgement. with the right people comes the right judgement. someone who truly values you for who you are won't criticize that about you, but try to stand by you 'till you value yourself too.

True. I might not find the right person until I make the right judgement about that person.

And if I don't trust my judgement, I'm stuck...

Finding the right person is a gamble....WIN big, LOSE big. You have to decide if the risk of losing is worth it.

something that i've learned these past years and i'm still working on it is that you shouldn't put too much pressure on yourself. that's when it get's rough, because you're being the judge and jury instead of being a friend to yourself. you may subconsciously sabotage yourself. try to take things as a simple math problem. i have the nasty habit of over-analysing everything myself. sometimes you FEEL it when it's right. the person or the feeling, even if you don't have a rational explanation to it. this is me speaking in general terms. if you ever need a stranger's advice, you can hit me with the specifics :)

Too many specifics to hit people with. Unless they've known you for a while, I'm not sure people really KNOW you.

Putting pressure on yourself - yeah, otm. But once you realise you're doing it, it's difficult not to, you know?

Losing a piece of yourself is ALWAYS worth it if the win is someone meant for you.

I don't think I've lost that big a piece of myself yet though...

oh, do i know...

and about knowing someone, yes, it's difficult. first of all, you have to know how you want to be perceived by someone else. time is relative. the necessary time for a person to know you depends on many variables: how much you disclose, how much you let them in, the barriers you set or not; the other person, his/hers intellect, if you're on the same wave lenght... i've had very close people in my life, like an ex boyfriend with whom i've spent 4 years of my life, who didn't get the half of me. we weren't compatible. on the other hand, i've clicked with others in just a few weeks, my behaviour being the same each time.

Mm, ex of 4 and a bit years... not quite the same story with, close though. It wasn't going to work.

I've little intention of changing who I am for other people, and I've little chance of succeeding if I try.

I click with people. Just not many. And not often. And always with an other half already. Gah.

i don't believe in altering who i am for someone else either. the beauty in clicking with people is in the other person encouraging you to be who you really are, not changing it.

maybe you need to widen your horizon where meeting people is concerned. have you tried that? the more you get out, the more chances you've got.

the other half part sucks... that's kinda like a curse. i have a couple of those myself. guys seem to stay far away from me. EVERYONE is perplexed, especially me, because i have the right ingredients, but... bad luck's a killer!

"the beauty in clicking with people is in the other person encouraging you to be who you really are, not changing it."

Agreed. Someone who complements you, as opposed to someone who views you as a project. That's what I want.

I DO need to widen my social circles, inasmuchas I don't really have a social circle at the moment. I don't get out as much as I'd like because i don't have a social circle.

Bad luck is AWFUL.

i've run out of batteries in being negative, so i try my best to have a positive outlook on EVERYTHING. i'm thinking we're still young, we've got time. i've learned to control my impatience and i'm more that ok with the fact that i'm single. you just have to be careful not to get too used to it!

regarding the social circle, i started analysing at one point why was it so narrow. over the years, i had very high standards for me and my best friends and kept pushing people away, because they didn't fit the criteria. what an idiot i was! don't do that, you'll end up alone. i ended up with 4 100% best friends (i got really lucky at this one!) and very few other people to hang out with when my best friends are not available. now i accept everyone! try to do the same, maybe it'll help. oh, and remember to make al least the tiniest effort to get to know someone, take the lead in initializing a relationship.

as i said, we're young. it'll come to us too :)

I got two zombies today XD

the first one I totally sniped one coming off the bus

over 200 zombies D; saw seven at hillcrest,

my very next post could be "BRAINSSS!!!"

in which case sad,

haha it's fun but oit's streesing me out and exams

I mean serious

******* crazy homicidal wrench of a stats teacher exam thursday night 8-fuckking ten pm

I'm going to be s dead :( have to go from pc to bus stop at ten at night

*plays funeral dirge*

I'm thinking if i should do my homework, or screw it and play some starcraft 2. <----- Oh wait i'm always thinking that >___>

Latest posts

Back