What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life doesn't owe you happiness. Learn that sadness is an emotion like any other. It's normal to feel it. It doesn't signal the end of your world.

Locke said:
Don't give in! I smoked my first cigarette in a year today, and now I just want to go buy a carton.

Aww, Locke - don't you dare! I have only been without for just shy of 4 months but every now and again I think about it. But, then I think about how icky it tasted and I scrunch up my nose and walk away.

Thanks for the encouragement - we can do it together. :D

MissGuided said:
Locke said:
Don't give in! I smoked my first cigarette in a year today, and now I just want to go buy a carton.

Aww, Locke - don't you dare! I have only been without for just shy of 4 months but every now and again I think about it. But, then I think about how icky it tasted and I scrunch up my nose and walk away.

Thanks for the encouragement - we can do it together. :D

2 weeks here. I keep forgetting I'm not a smoker and trying to find my lighter and cigs. :rolleyes:
I've chewed my way through about a third of the worlds supply of toothpicks so far.

Keep going everyone. It gets way easier after a couple of weeks. It's been something like 19 years since I quit and it's nice to be able to get further than the end of my drive without wheezing!

Runciter said:
2 weeks here. I keep forgetting I'm not a smoker and trying to find my lighter and cigs. :rolleyes:
I've chewed my way through about a third of the worlds supply of toothpicks so far.

Oh, Runciter I feel your pain, dear. But, good for you, I have confidence in you! I am so glad that I did it, even though it got difficult at times. I admittedly started my quit with Chantix, but stopped taking them after a couple of weeks due to the side effects. If you ever need to vent and scream while you sweat it out, just shoot me a PM.

Cavey said:
Keep going everyone. It gets way easier after a couple of weeks. It's been something like 19 years since I quit and it's nice to be able to get further than the end of my drive without wheezing!

Thanks, Cavey and way to ******* go - 19 YEARS? You're my new inspiration. :D

MissGuided said:
Oh, Runciter I feel your pain, dear. But, good for you, I have confidence in you! I am so glad that I did it, even though it got difficult at times. I admittedly started my quit with Chantix, but stopped taking them after a couple of weeks due to the side effects. If you ever need to vent and scream while you sweat it out, just shoot me a PM.
Thanks for the support. It's cold turkey for me, I'm distrustful of the pharmaceutical industry. I don't feel that bad, I just wish I'd remember I'm not a smoker. Having a coffee without a fag (not a homosexual) is just plain ******* strange so I've given up coffee as well for now.

Also, am I the only one who seems to have developed a smokers cough after quitting?

Well done to all the ex-smokers. You're my heros!

@Cavey
You, sir, are like a god walking amongst mere mortals.

My sister has had a very difficult time quitting, and finally just gave up on quitting. She's still a smoker, and probably will die of lung cancer someday.

My mom quit four times in her life. She is in her early 60's.

It is very difficult to quit smoking. I have a lot of empathy for those that do.

Runciter said:
Having a coffee without a fag (not a homosexual) is just plain ******* strange so I've given up coffee as well for now.

Also, am I the only one who seems to have developed a smokers cough after quitting?

I only drink one cup a day anyway, but I still had a hard time drinking it and not reaching for a cigarette. It was a 'hand-in-hand' deal for me - giving up the mental 'routine' was more difficult for me than the physical craving, if that makes sense. However, I still drink my one cup in every morning, I look forward to it more, actually. I just changed the habit of how I drink it.

No, you are not alone. That fun little side effect is very common. I felt like I had a chronic sinus devil at the back of my throat for weeks. It finally stopped after about 6 weeks or so. Annoying, but it actually means your body is healing itself, so it's a good thing. :)

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
It is very difficult to quit smoking. I have a lot of empathy for those that do.

Thanks, Muse. I'm sorry to hear that your sister has had trouble quitting, but she will....when she's ready.

MissGuided said:
No, you are not alone. That fun little side effect is very common. I felt like I had a chronic sinus devil at the back of my throat for weeks. It finally stopped after about 6 weeks or so. Annoying, but it actually means your body is healing itself, so it's a good thing. :)

This is reassuring to me. I getting a little worried after coughing up a few lumpy chunks of what can only be described as lung-butter. Thankfully that seems to have subsided a little but I still get caught off guard by the odd fit occasionally. But hey, at least I can taste food again!

I'm still not ready for coffee. It feels wrong, like having sex with someone the day after your wife's funeral. I've moved on to a pint of raw milk in the mornings instead (mmm, lumpy.) But I'm already fantasizing about opening a nice new pack of fresh coffee and brewing up again. As English as I am, tea just doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid.

No , i hope i make it through the night. I'm not going to the hospital, they will keep me. i'm realy low, and feels like i cant find anything to make me feel better. Today was a non stop, kick on the already down person day. i'm messed, i have to sell everything i own to pay my bills, people think its so simple, raise two kids have an ******* ex who ''cant pay'' and now i get my tax returns saying i will no longer have child benefits. Supposed to start full time job next month but need to pay the rent before i move in there... boyfriend is overwhelmed with me needing money for groceries and gas. So i didnt do groceries, he can do them on his own. I dont need to eat anyway. My kids do though, and my sister and her girls are coming to visit ....where the fresia am i going to find the money to feed them ???
so i'm selling stuff online to get through the week, pay my bills and then i'm gone, The dad will just have to support the girls, the boyfriend will be happy he'll only have humself and the dog to feed.
Thanks for caring, feels like your the only one :(

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
That worries me. Are you okay?

whispers said:
No , i hope i make it through the night. I'm not going to the hospital, they will keep me. i'm realy low, and feels like i cant find anything to make me feel better. Today was a non stop, kick on the already down person day. i'm messed, i have to sell everything i own to pay my bills, people think its so simple, raise two kids have an ******* ex who ''cant pay'' and now i get my tax returns saying i will no longer have child benefits. Supposed to start full time job next month but need to pay the rent before i move in there... boyfriend is overwhelmed with me needing money for groceries and gas. So i didnt do groceries, he can do them on his own. I dont need to eat anyway. My kids do though, and my sister and her girls are coming to visit ....where the fresia am i going to find the money to feed them ???
so i'm selling stuff online to get through the week, pay my bills and then i'm gone, The dad will just have to support the girls, the boyfriend will be happy he'll only have humself and the dog to feed.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

This sounds like a pretty dangerous situation. Please, don't do anything rash. I know things aren't easy but you have two innocent girls to think about and they're going to need you for more than just buying food and paying the bills. Besides, do you really want to leave them with someone you describe as an *******? It sounds like you could do with some support, you should really start a new thread in the appropriate section. There are a lot of us here who would be happy to help you, even if it is just by listening.

hug17.jpg

whispers said:
No , i hope i make it through the night ... Thanks for caring, feels like your the only one :(

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Edit

It's amazing how they can create a program about fishing and make it interesting... or is it?

whispers said:

Oh dear whispers. :(

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I think it's important for you to also take care of yourself - you do need to eat. Let your boyfriend worry about whatever he wants to but reassure him that you'll pay him back if he really can't deal with that. At least you know that you will have the means to pay him back with the new job coming, so take care of yourself and your kids first. It's not like you're taking loads of his money without paying him back, right. :\

Please take care, whispers. *hugs*

Also, you know a lot us would be more than willing to talk to you and give you some moral support and care if you let us know how things are going with you. Well, at least I know I would. So let us know how things are going, all right?

Latest posts

Back