What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone answers with a nice message, and then deactivates message reception? mistery...

Scotsman said:
This place still looks the same. Just a fleeting hello and thank you to those who sent me messages, which I've just read. I trust everyone is well. See you around folks.

Hi Scotsman!

Lippy_Kid said:
Difference is in real life people have rules by which they adhere, online people are more open, which lets face it is far easier to stomach. It's just words on a page, imagine suffering such views right into your face.

I feel we're on the same page, in that we want the same thing but there are obvious boundaries, posting your view on a public forum for interrogation is a different field to clandestine grooming of minors, which of course should be policed. I'm talking about views, just views, opinions. People have a right to an opinion nothing more, just a view and they should be able to say that view out loud. If that view is absurd, twisted or illegal then let's hear it, we have to back ourselves and trust ourselves to confront and better that view. Otherwise, simply we are messed. Censorship is just stalling for time, let's hear it, collectively we know what we want, dont let bad things fester. Good post btw.

*also I'm at a gig on my phone and 6 pints to the good so if my spelling is bad I'm sorry.

Thanks, and your spelling his fine.

I see your point, but I don't think my example was out of line, mostly because I've seen 15 year olds on this forum. People being more open online isn't easy for everyone to stomach, especially on a forum where so many have depression and self esteem issues. Even opinions - if extreme - can cause psychological pain, and they have. People have few boundaries with their opinions, and can't trust others, much less themselves. For this forum to be a safe place for everyone, some censorship has to be in place.

I do agree that we should trust ourselves and confront issues head-on, but I don't think everyone is capable of that. I've lost my temper a few times on the forum, so I admit that I"m not always capable of it. We are messed until we can all learn to stop deliberately ******* with each others heads.

That said, I don't like censorship, and dislike the fact that I'm actually defending it. But I think it's necessary at times. Enjoy your pints man, and thanks for the debate!

The world has become so unromantic, all good music should reflect who we are but who are we anymore? ******* faces troughing in our Iphones, what could a great band possibly report back? We are becoming the incarnate dream that our dystopian fiction has projected. I ******* hate it, and it just happened like that... from analogue to digital. It's happening, breath it..,, lose yourselves.

**** 64bit, MS are nightmares to program around with their stupid system operations. Now I'm suffering from the File System Redirector problem.

Too bad there`s so much misunderstanding and rupture around, due to projections and misinterpretations. Hm. Being so self-centered can be so self-harmful. Could it be that human nature is self-destructive by default?
onion030.gif

Peaches said:
someone answers with a nice message, and then deactivates message reception? mistery...

Scotsman said:
This place still looks the same. Just a fleeting hello and thank you to those who sent me messages, which I've just read. I trust everyone is well. See you around folks.

Hi Scotsman!

Hi Peaches. I hope you are well:D

I found out my ex fiancée is engaged to get married again. I thought I stopped thinking about her but hearing about it has brought me back to how I felt before. It was back in May that she cheated on me for him and I still don't understand why I wasn't good enough to her.

Thank you guys for your encouraging words.. you know who you are.

It's just rather disappointing. I thought some people would know me well enough by now that I am the way I am and I don't do things here to "kiss ass". It hurts when you think highly of someone and consider them a friend but they think this way of you. It is my fault. I don't expect people in general to understand or know the real me.. but I guess I should also stop expecting people I thought who do understand me and know the real me to actually do. It really makes me sad.

Maybe it really doesn't matter at all to them. I guess they didn't really mean it when they said they cared. It actually hurts. Worse thing is, they just ignore it as though nothing happened. They won't address the issue nor would they say anything to make things okay or even bother clarifying things with me.

You know who you are. I'm tired. And hurt.

Once bitten, twice shy.

ladyforsaken said:
It's just rather disappointing. I thought some people would know me well enough by now that I am the way I am and I don't do things here to "kiss ass". It hurts when you think highly of someone and consider them a friend but they think this way of you. It is my fault. I don't expect people in general to understand or know the real me.. but I guess I should also stop expecting people I thought who do understand me and know the real me to actually do. It really makes me sad.

Maybe it really doesn't matter at all to them. I guess they didn't really mean it when they said they cared. It actually hurts. Worse thing is, they just ignore it as though nothing happened. They won't address the issue nor would they say anything to make things okay or even bother clarifying things with me.

Once bitten, twice shy.

I understand, Ladyforsaken. :( I've been there too, more times than I can count. All those "once bitten's" and "twice shy's" can really add up.

*HUG*

ladyforsaken said:

Once bitten, twice shy.

*Hugs* Sorry you're going through this, lady.

Yay, new nightmares...... As if the old ones weren't bad enough. Atleast it's never boring.

these next two weeks can really make a change for my future, workwise, time to get to work and give it all that I have - afterthought: oh no, and if that is not enough? and if that means that I always put work above relationships, although at the moment I don't have any anyway, and I will always always always be alone like a dog? And if in spite of everything in favor, I will fail? That + alone like a dog? mmm, these thoughts are not helping me, tonight I woke up with a panic attack realizing my loneliness

ladyforsaken said:

Once bitten, twice shy.

That's the difference between you and how I used to be, Lady. I expected people to understand me. I paid too much of a 'high price' with that expectation with a lot of people.

I know with friendships I've lost in the past several years, Ill always know deepdown I cared for them I still do. Even when I was the biggest b*stard around or if they will never ever believe I do.

I wish I could turn back the clock but realise its not realistic. Everything happens for a reason, good or bad.

I hold no grudges and have the most utmost respect and compassion for them.

Luckily I have reached out to some people and I have regained a few friendships on Skype with people I met elsewhere. Its been a good week really in this aspect for me.

Lady, don't ever stop being you. Its understandable and completely okay if you cant forgive and forget people who have hurt you in your life in the past. Its entirely your perogative.

But to encourage you, Id say never, ever continue to hold a grudge or bitterness with those people. Even if its just good memories you have of those people, its worth a lot more than you think.

I know I won't ever reconcile with everyone I've hurt or those who have hurt me but I'll always cherish and hold on to those 'good memories' of those people and to this day I think very highly still of the people I pushed away but who are unable to let go and reconcile things between us. Sadly there are still a few few. But I know where I went wrong.

Don't stop being you at any cost. So many people here will probably back me up on this. They don't want to see a valuable member of this forum replaced by an empty, bitter shell.

I will never a get a new job! I mean, it's not possible right now, there are no jobs. :( I'm seriously considering a new education for the area where is possible to get a job.

ladyforsaken said:

Once bitten, twice shy.

I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon. :( *hugs* It's horrible to realize that some people weren't as caring what you thought... Stabbing in the back. :/

Latest posts

Back