What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Volmornu said:
So annoying. It's bad enough this guy is texting me in the first place. I don't want to be bothered today. On top of that, he's the type to text over and over again if you don't reply; which is stupid, illogical and intrusive. I'm a grown woman. I have the right to remain silent without being scolded like a **** child. To make matters worse, every time I think the conversation is over, the son of a ***** says something else. Something that I'm obviously expected to respond to. Can't you tell by my vague, impersonal yet conversation-ending respones that I'm not interested in speaking right now? fresia off.

I would love to turn my phone off but I'm using it for internet right now. Silencing it doesn't help because a window pops up and interrupts me every time I get a text.

This is ridiculous. fresia off and leave me the hell alone! I just want to have a quiet, lonesome day. Maybe put myself in a romantic mood. Have some wine. Light some candles. Take a long hot shower and break out the vanilla scented lubricant.

We don't often read between the lines. Most of the time we'd be wrong anyways. So be straight up and just tell him to fresia off or it probably won't work.
But how can he resist, with a last paragraph like that?!

Now I am freaking out about every dot I find in a book, worrying if it is mold. I really value the stuff that I have, I love my books. I'd always taken such good care of them, not tearing them or tossing them around, making sure I was careful in handling them, keeping them safe. And after all that I'd hate for mold to just come along and fresia everything up.

So many shoes! Why so many shoes? At least she uses a great deal of them.

TheSkaFish said:
Now I am freaking out about every dot I find in a book, worrying if it is mold. I really value the stuff that I have, I love my books. I'd always taken such good care of them, not tearing them or tossing them around, making sure I was careful in handling them, keeping them safe. And after all that I'd hate for mold to just come along and fresia everything up.

Use some mothballs for that if you can stand the smell.

Ruminating about the past actually does make me happy, quite often. I have a pretty awesome past, in many aspects. Thinking about the future (or possible future) makes me happy as well, as that's where I'm headed and I look forward to it. Focusing solely on the present at all times would not be good for me, and would not allow me to maximize my happiness. The present is not all there is to me. Period.

Also, "living in the moment/now/present" is a redundant statement because there is literally nowhere else I can live - mentally or physically - regardless of what I am thinking of.

So there you go. Stop thought-policing me and don't assume to know where MY happiness comes from. Past, present or future, I actively indulge in ALL parts of my life and self, whenever I **** well please.

Volmornu said:
So annoying. It's bad enough this guy is texting me in the first place. I don't want to be bothered today. On top of that, he's the type to text over and over again if you don't reply; which is stupid, illogical and intrusive. I'm a grown woman. I have the right to remain silent without being scolded like a **** child. To make matters worse, every time I think the conversation is over, the son of a ***** says something else. Something that I'm obviously expected to respond to. Can't you tell by my vague, impersonal yet conversation-ending respones that I'm not interested in speaking right now? fresia off.

I would love to turn my phone off but I'm using it for internet right now. Silencing it doesn't help because a window pops up and interrupts me every time I get a text.

This is ridiculous. fresia off and leave me the hell alone! I just want to have a quiet, lonesome day. Maybe put myself in a romantic mood. Have some wine. Light some candles. Take a long hot shower and break out the vanilla scented lubricant.

Just tell him you're busy or tell him you don't want to talk to him.

That would have been so much simpler than getting angry, enduring the conversation and complaining about it online, huh? ._.

Wow. It's really you. I wonder how you'd feel if I suddenly turned up on your doorstep after all these years... and over 11000 miles away from where we last met!

I showed the books to my mom who said it wasn't mold. I don't know. I guess I will believe her, since I don't really know for sure if any of what I saw was mold. It was just me seeing things on my books which could have been anything, and me spending all of the last couple of days looking up mold information on the internet. I guess it's one of those things where, if you read a medical book some times, you start to diagnose yourself with everything.

Well I'm glad because I really wanted to keep those books, I didn't want to have to throw them away.

The day i turned 18 i had to move into a friends house and it had a horrible smell that was very intense and it made me happy to go to work in the mornings at my fast food mcdonalds job. i had no idea what it was. And i didnt want to ask them what it was. A few years later i had an odd job cleaning out a dead persons house and that same smell was there. It is like i can almost smell it 30 years later.

^^ That (now...:p)
and I should be more clear about what I expect
And that I might throw on a David Attenborough to help put me to sleep - He's not boring (definitely the opposite!) - his voice is just way too relaxing

When handling an incredibly sharp santoku knife, don't zone out and start day dreaming. If you do, then expect to bleed... A lot.

i'm thinking that this scarf is really warming my neck and the weather outside is so nice, bringing out all the nice colors in nature

avocado oil is one of the tastiest things ever, who would have thought! too bad it's so expensive

I cycled home from work with this lass today. She is a new starter. Happened real naturally.
We just talked about it, we were leaving at the same time and going in roughly the same direction.
We cycled thru the park, talking. It was nice. Just me and her.
Probably would mean nothing to other people but to me it was nice.
I think she is half my age so I didn't really think it was anything other than a chat with a colleague while we went home.

I don't have to laugh at myself. I have better ways to honor myself... better for me, at least. Ways that are honest, well-deserved and ultimately better for my self-esteem than humor.

So no. I don't have to laugh at myself. I don't find myself ridiculous. I find myself wonderful and complex. Laugh at yourself all you want. Don't tell me, or think you know, how I should to go about respecting, loving and accepting myself.

Self-deprecating humor isn't one-size-fits-all. Some of us really don't find ourselves funny (unless we're telling a joke) and in place of humor, have other ways of honoring ourselves that keep us sane, healthy, confident and self-aware.

Latest posts

Back