What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to be barred from anything with a keyboard.

Paraiyar said:
I wish it was 2007 again except I know everything now that I did then.

It would have been 2006 for me, but yeah, that's almost exactly how I feel about my life. It was around then that I started to make a chain of bad decisions financially, educationally, romantically, and personally that lead me to the mess I'm in today.

Today was one of the worst days I've had at work. Even the nastiest clients didn't bring me down this badly. There is definitely a difference between pushing myself and overpushing myself.

I'm literally thinking of taking tomorrow off, but I really can't. And that doesn't ever happen with me when it comes to work. I never take leave unless I'm unwell, or gotta go somewhere. Sigh...

Cavey said:
I need to be barred from anything with a keyboard.

Or you'll start your endless typoes again? lol.

Serenia said:
^ 1999 for me...

Actually, I wouldn't mind going back to 1999 either. If I went back to then knowing what I know now, there's a lot I would have done differently.

I feel like I'm in that Twilight Zone episode where the machines turn against this guy. Everyone thinks he's an obsessed technophobe, that he's just going crazy. But they really do have it in for him. That's how I feel about my computer. I was having graphics trouble earlier this week where it blinked to a black screen, first a little, then more and more and more. So I found out how to boot up in low graphics mode.....only for it to start freezing while loading Windows. It's like it knows what it's doing and changes its tactics to counter everything I do, and to piss me off. It's got a whole list of crap that it pulls. Some days I feel like this thing was made in hell to frustrate me to the ends of my sanity.

ladyforsaken said:
Today was one of the worst days I've had at work. Even the nastiest clients didn't bring me down this badly. There is definitely a difference between pushing myself and overpushing myself.

I'm literally thinking of taking tomorrow off, but I really can't. And that doesn't ever happen with me when it comes to work. I never take leave unless I'm unwell, or gotta go somewhere. Sigh...

:( I know how bad days at work can make a person feel.

I hope you can find some kind of solution that works for you. I know you said it makes you feel better to work, but at the same time you're right about the difference between pushing yourself and overpushing yourself, and crossing the line would do you or anyone for that matter more harm than good.

Hang in there,

((hugs))

"Get your ******* head straight, Rodent." ...of course I'm not calling myself Rodent in my own head, but you get the idea.

Rodent said:
"Get your ******* head straight, Rodent." ...of course I'm not calling myself Rodent in my own head, but you get the idea.

Look at their eyes, not their chest

AmytheTemperamental said:
Look at their eyes, not their chest.

x3ZfnvW.png

Rodent said:
TheSkaFish said:
Perusing Facebook tonight, saw an old teammate's profile and noticed he was posting a lot of articles about things related to his field, but he did so in a way that suggested he was actually interested in it. He was immersed in it. It just made me think, that's how I need to be about my interests. I need to dive in. No more clowning around. If I'd done this earlier, I'd have had more to talk about, more to show for myself, and maybe I would have been seen as more interesting.

Not necessarily...considering how this behavior of "oversharing" can come across as anything ranging from interested to annoying or desperately insecure. But that's just me. I think you're more interesting if you can contribute to any sensible conversation with vast knowledge which is rooted in your various interests. Not randomly going "Hey, look at me! Let me share the things I like with you. LET ME!" ...this reminds me of those people who keep tons of pictures in their wallet and show them to anyone.

This comment was presented to you by "Cynic Today."

Hmm. I see what you mean, but I don't think that was the case for this particular guy. In fact, I think it was more like what you said in your statement I highlighted, which I'd also agree with.

Latest posts

Back