What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSkaFish said:
Just saw something that seems to all but confirm that I'll be single for life, something that really sticks a knife in my dreams. At the very least, my chances of ever being with the one I wanted most of all, the one who blew me away, the one who was everything I'd always wanted and been waiting for, the one who fascinated me endlessly and ignited my sense of wonder are even more greatly diminished. I'm just not going to meet anyone like her again. I haven't before, I haven't since, and I doubt I ever will.

I should have been ready by the time I met her. I should have cultivated an interesting personality, should have known who I was by then. Indecision, cluelessness, and giving in to fear and doubt have consequences, and this is what I get for dragging my feet all these years thinking I had all the time in the world to get myself together. And now, things have gone from bad to worse. It just sucks, because even though I learned my lesson, there's nothing I can do with it. It's just game over. How can I possibly enjoy trying to get to know someone else when the whole time I'll be wishing I could have been getting to know her instead and knowing that I would have been so much happier? I can go through the motions, but I can't lie to myself.

I know that I only have myself to blame, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like there's nothing left for me to do. I should have, how I wish I could have, but my chance to have someone really special came, and now it's ******* gone.

Sorry that you're feeling this way man but I have to say that I doubt you missing your chance with one girl is the end of the line like you think it is.

kamya said:
I can see the documentary now. "We ignored the early warning signs...."

I would laugh, but somehow I can't. That kid has a messed up future ahead of him if nobody keeps a close eye on him or his crazy "friends".

ladyforsaken said:
Surprised you even lasted that long to collect all that information from a kid.. lol. :p

All I had to do was to sit there and listen to him telling all his secrets. Occasionally asking why he did some of that stuff. His answer: Because I'm dumb.

c48.gif

Seriously? You're a 41 year old man and you're this affected by a work of fiction? I'd shake my head at you... but I can't find a mirror.

TheSkaFish said:
Just saw something that seems to all but confirm that I'll be single for life, something that really sticks a knife in my dreams. At the very least, my chances of ever being with the one I wanted most of all, the one who blew me away, the one who was everything I'd always wanted and been waiting for, the one who fascinated me endlessly and ignited my sense of wonder are even more greatly diminished. I'm just not going to meet anyone like her again. I haven't before, I haven't since, and I doubt I ever will.

I should have been ready by the time I met her. I should have cultivated an interesting personality, should have known who I was by then. Indecision, cluelessness, and giving in to fear and doubt have consequences, and this is what I get for dragging my feet all these years thinking I had all the time in the world to get myself together. And now, things have gone from bad to worse. It just sucks, because even though I learned my lesson, there's nothing I can do with it. It's just game over. How can I possibly enjoy trying to get to know someone else when the whole time I'll be wishing I could have been getting to know her instead and knowing that I would have been so much happier? I can go through the motions, but I can't lie to myself.

I know that I only have myself to blame, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like there's nothing left for me to do. I should have, how I wish I could have, but my chance to have someone really special came, and now it's ******* gone.

Somebody else will come along !

It's not like I judge people too much, I try to "place" them, imagine their story, after that most of the time I do accept them

Putting yourself in someone else's shoes before you judge them shows good character, Peaches. :)
Judging someone isn't a bad thing either. It's how we decide if we can trust someone or not.

Peaches said:
It's not like I judge people too much, I try to "place" them, imagine their story, after that most of the time I do accept them

I regret that I did not gig throughout my teenage years a lot. Do I have to resign myself to the fact that I might not end up being able to in my 20s?

I feel like honeysuckle. Lets see if they can do anything tomorrow. Can't cope with it anymore, 2 months of this is enough.

As long as I'm clear for now - that's good enough. I'll enjoy the ride for as long as life will allow me too till the next shitty news come by. I'm grateful for everything I have, even though I would prefer for a lot of things to be different right now.

WishingWell said:
I wish I didn't have to go for that test today.

I often wish the same thing, but it's always better to go than to bury your head in the sand. I wish you luck.

I like him and enjoying my time getting to know him. So why do you keep popping in my thoughts then. It isn't as if. Again like a few things lately I am lost at how to get past it.

Latest posts

Back