What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Volt said:
user 130057 said:
Hmmm, I wonder what it says about me that I love both The Doubleclicks and Chris Ray Gun?

Alt righter in the making!

I realise this was a throwaway joke comment, but it leads me to believe that you may be familiar with Chris Ray Gun, but less so with The Doubleclicks. The Doubleclicks are at least as far to the left of the political spectrum as Chris is to the right.

Here's what I think it means about me: I've accepted that there are morons on both sides and that the more moronic the person, the more vociferously they will voice their opinion, so it's nice to relax and listen to some relatively intelligent people singing about how ludicrous the whole thing has become. 

In reality, both sides are populated by a large amount of intolerant, violent, borderline sociopaths for whom the word 'Nazi' would be an accurate description - just one side is more honest about it. I can't help but think that somewhere (probably Kekistan!), Pepe the frog is sitting chuckling to himself...

[youtube]2AhGYo9TExU[/youtube]

Disclaimer: If anyone has been triggered by anything I've posted, then please feel free to report me to whomever. I don't have a job to lose, I closed all my social media accounts years ago and I'm generally regarded as a bit of a twat... so jokes on you :p

^ I read your entire post with this playing on my head:

[youtube]zAx0t3O55Zo[/youtube]

Praise Kek!

user 130057 said:
I realise this was a throwaway joke comment, but it leads me to believe that you may be familiar with Chris Ray Gun, but less so with The Doubleclicks. The Doubleclicks are at least as far to the left of the political spectrum as Chris is to the right.

Accurate, lol. I don't listen to Chris personally but i definitely know of him. And didn't of the Doubleclicks.

user 130057 said:
Here's what I think it means about me: I've accepted that there are morons on both sides and that the more moronic the person, the more vociferously they will voice their opinion, so it's nice to relax and listen to some relatively intelligent people singing about how ludicrous the whole thing has become. 

In reality, both sides are populated by a large amount of intolerant, violent, borderline sociopaths for whom the word 'Nazi' would be an accurate description - just one side is more honest about it. I can't help but think that somewhere (probably Kekistan!), Pepe the frog is sitting chuckling to himself...

Yeah i agree. I like to observe and listen, and keep it at that. I'm neither smart enough nor do i care enough to really get into that stuff/form elaborate opinions etc. I generally find alt righters easier on the brain than far leftists, so i listen to them more, but coincidentally i recently decided to follow some far leftists as well. And then you obviously got the neither of thoses. It's an interesting time sink to me, if nothing else. 

Morons are indeed everywhere, i try my best to remember i'm mostly likely one of them and go from there.

Let the academics respond, plz.

Volt said:
Morons are indeed everywhere, i try my best to remember i'm mostly likely one of them and go from there.

Ah, self-awareness! You definitely don't belong on the far left...  :D

Feel free to join me in the middle ground. We can sit together and shake our heads.

Volt said:
user 130057 said:
Volt said:

Ah, self-awareness! You definitely don't belong on the far left...  :D

Lol, not on the far right either.  :p

I find that most of the far right are perfectly self-aware - they're quite open about whom they hate and for what reasons. I wouldn't want to go for a drink with anyone from either side, but I can't stand the hypocrisy of the far left. They're just opposite sides of the exact same coin...

user 130057 said:
I find that most of the far right are perfectly self-aware - they're quite open about whom they hate and for what reasons. I wouldn't want to go for a drink with anyone from either side, but I can't stand the hypocrisy of the far left. They're just opposite sides of the exact same coin...

Yeah pretty much.

Latest posts

Back