What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excessive language ahead. Skip this post if it will offend you, please.

Yes, because why the fresia would I want to see my kid on Mother's Day....and I suppose you probably wouldn't let him call me yesterday to wish me a ******* happy birthday either. Self righteous mother ******, NOW you want to act like you are a decent father when you only have the child that doesn't have issues? Wow, yeah, you're fantastic. I can't imagine why your other son is so ******* uncomfortable with you

Stumbled across some old classmates while browsing Facebook. The yuppie/hipster set. Everything they say and do seems to be meaningless banter in a "who can be the most witty or ironic" competition. It's as if they don't actually like anything. I didn't understand these people before, and I don't understand them now either. It doesn't really bother me, if I don't like it I just don't pay attention. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything I would like by not being able to join this group. But it goes to show that there's a lot of people out there that I just don't get. I don't get the gist of them, I don't get why they are this way or what the point of it is. It's another group that I can't relate to or connect with at all.

It makes me feel like I'm neither here nor there. I don't fit in with the rebels, but I don't fit in with these more conservative, business professional types either. Neither way seems to have the answers for me.

The ASMR does nothing. I don't get it. It just sounds like a bunch of racket. Maybe I'm too used to background noise.

VanillaCreme said:
The ASMR does nothing. I don't get it. It just sounds like a bunch of racket. Maybe I'm too used to background noise.

Some people respond physically to it and experience the tingles. Some people don't. Seems to be a biological thing.

ardour said:
Hipsters = uniformly good looking people from the same socio-economic background in my experience.

Yeah, I'm definitely not in that group.  This is who they're talking about when they talk about "avocado toast".  Not me (though, come to think of it, that does sound pretty tasty).

I didn't bring it up to criticize though, so much as I did to say that I wouldn't feel comfortable or at home there. I'd feel like I was under scrutiny, being watched for mistakes. Not ever truly welcome. And neither me, nor them really has anything to say to each other that the other would enjoy. It's hard for me to find "tribes" or even individuals that I feel like I'm on their wavelength, feel like I can be comfortable with.

kamya said:
VanillaCreme said:

Some people respond physically to it and experience the tingles. Some people don't. Seems to be a biological thing.

I think I keep giving it a try to see if I experience those tingly feelings. Nothing every time. I'm almost a little sad. A lot of people say it's relaxing, and it'd be nice to have another way to relax.

I'm so anti social it took me 4 years to get enough courage to start posting again... kill me pls.

Latest posts

Back