What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could walk in the highlands of Scotland or just look out at the sea from the Cornish cliffs...

....hand in hand with Ross Poldark :p

I've heard that self-pity is unattractive, but I really, honestly don't see a way out of my situation of being trapped in the single life.  I'm not wired to be a dominant and aggressive person, and while I like to laugh as much as the next guy, I'm not witty.  When I talk to people I just talk.  I don't know how to banter.  It's not natural to me, and I'm usually not in a laughing mood because of the way things usually go for me.  I don't know how to take the right tone that sends out vibes that would make someone "like" me, and I worry that any amount of work I do on myself to become more successful or interesting or fun won't matter because I can't send the vibes that make someone want to connect.  It's frustrating because I feel like there are people I actually could connect with, and I feel like we'd be fine if I could only get past this vibe problem.  I worry that I'll wind up alone forever because I won't be good enough for those I want no matter how hard I work because of stupid first impressions and not being dominant/aggressive or witty, and it's hard to get motivation to do something when you think you probably won't succeed.  But I also won't be motivated enough to do the work to cultivate an attractive lifestyle and personality for someone I don't want.  I won't feel like going through the motions convincingly enough for them to think I'm a fun person, because I won't actually be having fun or curiosity about them.  It's just going to feel like work that I am only doing because being single/dateless/sexless my whole life is even worse.  

It's ironic because I know that even making a post like this is being the kind of person who probably isn't going to attract anyone, let alone anyone I like because, like most women seem to, they value confidence and competence and despise weakness and uncertainty.  But this is the mindspace I have been in.

Feel a little better after a walk but still iffy on this subject. I just wish I knew all the stuff I should have known beforehand. I'm figuring out more all the time, but I worry that the damage is done. I guess I just have to have more patience.

I wish I knew whether this is going to last forever or whether to just give up and accept this is how things will be.........

TheSkaFish said:
I've heard that self-pity is unattractive, but I really, honestly don't see a way out of my situation of being trapped in the single life.  I'm not wired to be a dominant and aggressive person, and while I like to laugh as much as the next guy, I'm not witty.  When I talk to people I just talk.  I don't know how to banter.  It's not natural to me, and I'm usually not in a laughing mood because of the way things usually go for me.  I don't know how to take the right tone that sends out vibes that would make someone "like" me, and I worry that any amount of work I do on myself to become more successful or interesting or fun won't matter because I can't send the vibes that make someone want to connect.  It's frustrating because I feel like there are people I actually could connect with, and I feel like we'd be fine if I could only get past this vibe problem.  I worry that I'll wind up alone forever because I won't be good enough for those I want no matter how hard I work because of stupid first impressions and not being dominant/aggressive or witty, and it's hard to get motivation to do something when you think you probably won't succeed.  But I also won't be motivated enough to do the work to cultivate an attractive lifestyle and personality for someone I don't want.  I won't feel like going through the motions convincingly enough for them to think I'm a fun person, because I won't actually be having fun or curiosity about them.  It's just going to feel like work that I am only doing because being single/dateless/sexless my whole life is even worse.  

It's ironic because I know that even making a post like this is being the kind of person who probably isn't going to attract anyone, let alone anyone I like because, like most women seem to, they value confidence and competence and despise weakness and uncertainty.  But this is the mindspace I have been in.

Feel a little better after a walk but still iffy on this subject.  I just wish I knew all the stuff I should have known beforehand.  I'm figuring out more all the time, but I worry that the damage is done.  I guess I just have to have more patience.

I'm in pretty much the same boat SkaFish....on most of the criteria you're talking about.  So my company is tedious because I'm not happy.  Faking it doesn't work.  At all.  What I can do is be serious and try to be earnest, but that gets boring too.  And I'm afraid that my one functioning relationship....the 'romantic friend' is getting tired of me.  Life will go on but I'm wondering if it'll end with the neighbors wondering why they haven't seen me for a few weeks and call the county deputies who'll break in and find my rotting corpse, dead of old age decomposing in my recliner and the TV turned on.  Maybe "Walking Dead" will be on....appropriate eh?

Think i'll eat this whole packet of Jaffa cakes- cept one for Murphy  :D

ps I know dogs aren't meant to eat chocolate but I don't reckon small amounts do any harm

Chief broom said:
Think i'll eat this whole packet of Jaffa cakes- cept one for Murphy  :D

ps I know dogs aren't meant to eat chocolate but I don't reckon small amounts do any harm

Any amount could kill them, actually.  It's not about the amount, it's about their reaction to it.  I know dogs that accidentally ate a good bit of chocolate and were fine, but another dog only had a tiny bit and was very sick from it.  Chocolate contains something that is toxic to dogs Yes, a small amount will likely only make them mildly sick, but would you really want to risk that?

Hi TheRealCallie thanks very much for your concern and info- but Murphy has never shown any adverse effects to the occasional chocolate biscuit. I only learned recently that it can be harmful to some dogs so am more wary but I think  small amounts are ok [with Murphy] in the future if I have another dog I wont give any/risk it. Thanks again, Cheers CB  :)

Not SOME dogs....ALL dogs. You know it's bad, yet you give it anyway. I'm sorry, but that's abuse. It could KILL him. The more you give him, the more will be in his body. Dogs can't process the chemicals the way humans can, so each time you give him chocolate, the toxicity levels are building in his body. It definitely could kill him and likely will if you don't stop.

Murphy might get a chocolate biscuit once every couple of weeks and has shown no ill effects whatsoever. Hes well happy and healthy. He is never fed dog food which I think is toxic rubbish but chicken and fish fit for human consumption. We are doing just fine and will continue as we have. :D  

I'm not commenting on this again.

TheRealCallie said:
Chocolate contains something that is toxic to dogs

It's the caffeine. I've given Brown a tiny bit of chocolate and she was fine. I definitely don't give it to her all the time, even the smallest amount.

I want to use some of my coupons. Save some bucks. Also, super excited.

VanillaCreme said:
TheRealCallie said:
Chocolate contains something that is toxic to dogs

It's the caffeine. I've given Brown a tiny bit of chocolate and she was fine. I definitely don't give it to her all the time, even the smallest amount.

I want to use some of my coupons. Save some bucks. Also, super excited.

Theobromine, it's not that dogs can't process it, they process it very slowly and it builds up. Luffy's gotten his obnoxious butt into my stash of mint milanos (dark chocolate) before and he looked fine (irritatingly so.) Chicken and fish sounds good for dogs... I had a coworker that would cook her dog chicken and rice for dinner. Probably healthier than a lot of the options out there.

Rice is unnecessary, they only need the meat.

They also don't need fruit, but I love watching them eat watermelon like a person.

I don't think you fully grasp where I'm headed, and where I've been before you... It's far worse than any of the hurt you may be indirectly dishing out currently. I've made that clear many times. So, yeah; I'm sorry I'm not making things easier and continuously put up a fight. We've been through similar at the start, It's not as simple as a continued platonic friendship. With how broken I am, there is no in-between anymore. Nor can I ever hold feelings back once I pass that threshold. It's either I'm there, or I have to distract myself and push away. I know you hate that, but I'd be lying to myself and you if I tried to think I'm capable of otherwise. I've honestly tried countless times (some of which you personally witnessed) and it's always a losing battle. I always yo-yo... Unfortunately, it's now become the natural for me. As I'm sure your current state is natural to you as well. :( /endvent

Latest posts

Back