What Are Your Biggest Fears In Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds stupid to the majority, but I fear the uncertainty of death. I'm with Lewis Black on the subject of dying. And if you don't know what that stance is, I invite you to look up his act, "Black on Broadway". Hilarious stuff.

Otherwise, I have a bit of fear of being "discovered and misjudged". Kind of complicated, more of a severe social anxiety. I can't stand the idea of people passing judgment on me in order to label and alienate me.

I also fear becoming a shut-in. At the rate of my life, that is a disturbingly realistic scenario...

I was watching one of those prison shows where they talk to the worst of the worst people. There was one guy in top security prison under guard at all times. They asked him if he was afraid of things. He stated there is only one thing in life that he is afraid of and that is being alone.

lifewasterdaydreamer said:
Turning into your parents,
This more or less ends up happening to everyone.

Humiliation and failure. These are things I hate. I should mention rejection and groups, too. I dislike them.
Serious illness and death do scare me, too, but they're stuff I consider far in my future.

Lost Drifter said:
Being forgotten. I don’t mind being alone so much but I’m tired of feeling like an outsider looking in and not having any roots/commitments to give me credibility. Kinda feel more like a ghost than a human.
I feel some sadness and loneliness in that comment. So there's the hunger for freedom and roaming the world and yet a hunger for an anchor of some sort somewhere.

Having another close family member die. (younger bro passed away few months ago)

Dying at a young age. (I don't think my mom could handle another death.)

Dying alone

get hated by people I like just for being myself. happens all the time. can't seem to get used to it.

Arsenic Queen said:
get hated by people I like just for being myself. happens all the time. can't seem to get used to it.
6470.haters_gonna_hate_29.jpg

Being frozen in carbonite by a secondary antagonist and sold as a display piece to an intergalactical crime lord.

Latest posts

Back