What Are Your Biggest Fears In Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest fear currently is Fear of the Uknown. I can't do this one yet. For example, go into the forest, when it is dark, deep in there and sit down and meditate. I think something might happen to me, I could possibly lose my sanity but really I don't know since I've never done it. I've been trying something a little easier such as taking a bath in the dark with complete silence, no lights just me in warm water meditating. I feel VERY vurnable. I am trying to conquer this but it seems to be taking longer then expected.

I guess mine are that I'll never be happy and Ill just be alone for the rest of my life. Ive always been like terrified of people and feel awkward around them, so I dont have any friends really. I always just end up feeling worse about myself after being around people due to how clueless I am in social situations. I am starting up therapy seriously now and will be starting group therapy for social anxiety, but honestly I am a bit skeptical about whether it will help me.

I guess my biggest fear is that I wont ever solve my problems and Ill be alone and unhappy indefinitely. I have physical problems that complicate me ever being in a lasting relationship as well, without being to specific, sex is painful for me due to a problem I have and a fix will probably require a surgery that isnt guaranteed to fix or improve things. So I always feel like when I am around girls that Im not worthy of them or its pointless to go forward anymore because what girl will want to stay with a guy that cannot even have sex normally. I just feel like a wortheless piece of honeysuckle because of this. Sex is the one big thing life that is supposed to make people happy and feel pleasure causes me pain and humiliation.

So yea I think if my life continues on like this for years and years I dont know if I could bare really to keep on living and I dont know if Id finally decide to end things. I dont want to do anything like that now, and ive never tried because I have a little hope that maybe I can turn my life around now. Hope I can.

My parents being disappointed at how my life turns out after giving me an upbringing that some people would do anything for.

Turning into a failure,Large crowds of teenagers( they terrify me with their cold dead stares) and being forever alone and miserable,being an outcast or a freak in society ,an abomination people throw dirty glances at.Honestly,there are too many things that terrify me it'd be easier to list what does NOT terrify me.

My fiances death and being homeless. And my apartment burning down while i am away.

My fear is that I'm going to die alone. I'm perfectly fine by living alone for the rest of my life, just don't want to be alone in the final moments before my death.

Surcruxum said:
My fear is that I'm going to die alone. I'm perfectly fine by living alone for the rest of my life, just don't want to be alone in the final moments before my death.

I don't want to depress anyone but the chances of that are extremely high even if you have an amazing family. My mom died alone. We had been there in the morning and had no idea she was going to go. I doubt even a nurse was there. My dad died at 1 AM in the nursing home... in his bed. His mom died in the afternoon after the entire family left.. alone.

We loved them all... we were there for them when we could be... but it doesn't matter... you can't control when you die...

I am far more concerned with being demented and sexually and physically abused while in a nursing home or in my house... and the terrifying part... the chances of that happening are pretty darn high. No matter what. A good home or agency doesn't matter. Recently in my home town a couple of employees beat up a demented patient and filmed it... the only way they got caught. It was one of the best assisted living places in the state.

Honestly I am considering hiring someone to kill me if I do get dementia. :)

dying alone at home so no one will notice for years, going mad, being paralyzed from the neck down, fall in a pit of spiders

LonelySutton said:
Surcruxum said:

I don't want to depress anyone but the chances of that are extremely high even if you have an amazing family. My mom died alone. We had been there in the morning and had no idea she was going to go. I doubt even a nurse was there. My dad died at 1 AM in the nursing home... in his bed. His mom died in the afternoon after the entire family left.. alone.

We loved them all... we were there for them when we could be... but it doesn't matter... you can't control when you die...

I am far more concerned with being demented and sexually and physically abused while in a nursing home or in my house... and the terrifying part... the chances of that happening are pretty darn high. No matter what. A good home or agency doesn't matter. Recently in my home town a couple of employees beat up a demented patient and filmed it... the only way they got caught. It was one of the best assisted living places in the state.

Honestly I am considering hiring someone to kill me if I do get dementia. :)

Great, I think I'm going to stay in bed for the rest of the day, thinking about my death....

I think I can tolerate dying in a public place. Like in a nursing home or a hospital, even in the middle of the street, and not in my apartment, or in a dead end of an alley.

But it's useless right, we can die anytime or anywhere, and we can't do anything about it. (Sorry for the negativity)

The day my daughter says 'Dad, this is my boyfriend....'. Pretty tough digging here in the mountains :rolleyes2:

Falling in love again.
Disappointing my parents.
Doing something unjust - more in a personal, not a legal way.

Never getting my motivation back.
Never being happy with life.
Never finding a mate to share life with.
Disappointing my family and loved ones.

1. Becoming the 'trash of society'
2. Losing my principles, becoming someone I'm not
3. Going blind/deaf
4. Never finding 'the one' ;)
5. Dying before achieving self-gratification/ self-fulfillment wtv

I am a good person. I am not afraid of much. I have lived housing projects as a kid that was a step up from being homeless. I have been raped, beaten, hit by car. Dying alone is the same as coming alone in to the world.
I have been many beautiful places and and had nice houses to live in. What troubles me is that I will most likely never have that special guy. I just want that. Knowing I can't find that guy who sees more than just a pretty face and treats me as well as any good woman would deserve.

I am afraid of never having really been loved.

Latest posts

Back