What Are Your New Year's Resolutions?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost Drifter said:
C’mon man. If you’re going to start a thread at least have some purpose. For me its:

Find a better job that gives me some sense of satisfaction;
Hit the road again, move to either the States or back to the Far East;
Go mountain climbing in Nepal if I can afford it;
Learn to drive and buy my first car;
Attend some events and conventions by myself;
To start getting more sleep and less stress.

Anything else is a bonus!

You don't know how to drive???

I can ride a horse and have a helicopter licence but nope...never stayed in one place long enough to need a car until now. Teach me? I'll even let you handle my gear stick.

Fix or replace my car
Contemplating on getting a motorcycle
Quit smoking
Lose some more weight

Lost Drifter said:
I can ride a horse and have a helicopter licence but nope...never stayed in one place long enough to need a car until now. Teach me? I'll even let you handle my gear stick.

Do you really not know how to drive? I recommend starting off with a stick, makes you pay better attention, plus they are so fun to drive!

Strengthening my Faith in God, sticking to things I already started: no fast food, no eating during the night. Stop eating sweets, except one reasonable treat every other week. Maintaining my weight. Improving my attitude and not treating someone any way that I wouldn't want to be treated.

Hoffy said:
Lost Drifter said:

Do you really not know how to drive? I recommend starting off with a stick, makes you pay better attention, plus they are so fun to drive!

Want to kick me while I'm down too? :(

Lost Drifter said:
Hoffy said:
Lost Drifter said:

Want to kick me while I'm down too? :(
No no no. I didn't mean it like that. I was just curious.

To get away from this god-awful job! Having an egotistical dink for a "supervisor" really tests my patience.

Not in any order:

1. Read at least 50 books
2. Watch more movies :]
3. Perfect the guitar
4. Go to more concerts
5. Frequent more museums

A few For me:

Find some way to move forward and combat my depression, anxiety, ptsd, memory loss etc.

More Exercise and weightlifting, and to reach by the end of the year at least these numbers:
250lbs+ Overhead Strict Military press
Deadlift 500lbs+
Squat 500lbs+
Improve grip strength
Lose a bit of fat and get back in to running and cycling.

Eat a better diet and generally take care of my health better.

Get into some education that can help me into a career job, like electronics so in the future when i can work i can do something enjoyable.

Start doing some long hikes so i can get outside more but be away from people as it stresses me out.

Maybe make a friend that I can do things like hiking with etc.

I am going to leave it at that, there are 100's of other things that I want to change but those are the main ones.
I think at least with the weightlifting I am not far off those numbers which I feel like I have done pretty good since I only started about a year ago and even then I have not really been doing it often.
I am mainly hoping that i can do much better this year i feel like i will.

Everything that I haven't been doing so far. /facepalm lol

To not worry as much
To be more positive
Reach out to others more (ok I guess I did that)

My objectives for this year...

1.-Go to the gym (this is the most cliché, I know)
2.-Go vegan (eventually... I'm still a meat addicted...)
3.-Improve my art. In college and in courses.
4.-Continue learning guitar.
5.-Run in a marathon.
6.-Make friends.

Latest posts

Back