What comes to mind when you think of your ex's?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's only one ex I'd even think about mentioning, and that's my 'wife'. I put that in inverted commas because we're married in name only and it will soon be dissolved.

What do I think of her? I haven't seen her for ages, but I know that I always thought she was the kindest, gentlest, most caring person I had ever met; someone who I felt an instant affinity with. I feel a great sadness at what could have been if I'd only tried harder. I just hope that she's happy now and that she has all the things she dreamed of. If she does, then my sadness is a price worth paying.

Usually I think of the good times. It can be nice to look back and remember those. There are times when I wonder how things have turned out for them. But I have hate for them really. Unresolved matters make bad things hard to forget. Although at the same time, too much time has passed for me to care about them being resolved.

Naleena said:
Nice But Dim Jim said:
I still think the sun shines our her arsehole to be honest.

Awwww. Hugs. Xoxo

perfanoff said:
Love-hate stuff, a vertigo of emotions, some regrets.
I like the way you phrased that. Vertigo of emotions. You make me want to write a poem. Can I use it?

Haha. Sure, of course.

PS I need a copy of the poem and royalties though :p

wondering whether it's better to have something, even something mostly negative to look back on.

went out with a woman in 1996 for a month
and one in 2010 for 2 months.

Don't think of them as ex's.

That's my dating history

Axe-Mother.jpg

Only one ex... Pretty nuts. Not in the way that a lot of us her are sad/distressed, but in an imaginary friend kinda way. Why it lasted 5 or so months can only be attributed to puberty :D

Gratitude for the good times. The music, the love.
Gratitude for the gifts I still enjoy.
Regret at hurting some feelings.
Angry at myself for wasting time thinking what I did wrong, when he just really didn't love me or even know me.
The list goes on.
I look forward to that day when I am released from the regrets and pains. When I really move on from them all.

First: I was extremely disappointed in what she did before she moved away. We were only 15 and I couldn't move with her so we decided we would call it a day. She decided to soil our relationship by sleeping with one of my "friends" before she left. I met her a couple of times since then and didn't like who she'd become. Big attitude problem. Not for me, but I do hope she's happy.

Second: 4 years of hardcore drug use between the both of us, lots of fights and tears and some physical violence (against me!), she cheated on me multiple times, I'd always "forgive" her because I was weak but also loved her. Moved away together and she got her honeysuckle together, sorted her head out a bit, became a much nicer person. It didn't work out between us but, despite all the fights we'd had while together, we didn't fight at the end. Wished each other the best and stayed very loosely in touch. Married with kids now, seems very happy, and I'm glad :)

Third: Met an American on a music forum, lived over there with her for a bit, I proposed and we were due to get married... didn't work out, she got married like 3 days ago I think? We have been apart for 4-5 years though so it's not painful. Quite the opposite in fact, I'm really, really happy for her, she's a great person and deserves the best.

Fourth was a complete disaster. Broke up just a couple of months ago and I'm still very very angry and bitter about what happened. You know when you have such strong negative feelings towards someone and you can think of a hundred words to describe them, eg hypocritical, manipulative, coward, liar, user... rar I don't even want to think about it lol. It can easily be summed up in one word, but this is a naughty word and I've already gotten into trouble once for using it here so I wont repeat it, but a cryptic clue would be to say she's a real see you next Tuesday.

Naleena said:
What comes to mind when you think of your ex's?

The only one I see regularly anymore is one of my best friends and I don't even consider her an "ex" because we only dated for a month or two almost ten years ago. We've known each other much longer as friends than as lovers.

I wish that one of my relationships had worked out better so that I could have possibly been with somebody now. I still remember one of my ex's leaving me for one of my 'best friends' and after that I didn't talk to him for a bit (I believe). It is water under the bridge now of course even though I'm not really in contact him, but I used to talk to the ex.

A relative of one of my ex's seems to think that one of my ex's still likes me (just because she talks about me from time to time), however I do not believe that to be the case because she has had a few boyfriends since we split up, our relationship didn't last partly due to it being long distance and we don't talk to each other as much as we used to.

Little silly adventures, lots of laughter. That feeling of closeness that I still haven't been able to fully replicate with anyone since. We were almost TOO similar in some aspects, which is why it never worked out between us. I still miss her sometimes but I'm glad she found someone right for her.

I should add that we were never "official" but we definitely liked each other and spent over a year together. So I count her as my first and only gf, if only because I have no other experiences to compare it to.

Latest posts

Back