What did you do for your 21st birthday?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my God, my 21st is coming up and I'm going through EXACTLY the same thing!

The problem is that birthdays are really "pay attention to me" day. I guess less sociable types are often put off by seeing how other people seem to get much more attention paid to them - one guy on my course spent three days partying at a beach.

Me, I've given the traditional 21st birthday money gift from my mother's side of the family to charity, and have told those close to me that I'm going to celebrate my birthday on the reverse digit - 12/5 instead of 5/12 - so my birthday will happen when there's a bit of a sun. However, I probably will be grateful for the excuse not to celebrate come May, so the answer is that I won't have a birthday at all.

Hey, thank everyone. As nice as it is to know i'm not alone in the sense that I hate birthdays, It's still a shame you're all going through the same thing. Hopefully all your future birthdays are better<33

p.s, aw thanks for the item& comment unaccepted! xD

Hmm, I spent my 21st getting drunk, on my own - I imagine- I can't particularily remember it but I spent the last past decade worth of birthdays doing the same thing so I can't see why that would be an exception.
I hate my birthday pretty much more than any other day of the year and tell the fewest people possible about it's existence so I don't feel as bad when I spend it on my own. It's worse having to lie to your parents pretending that you had great fun so they feel better about themselves.

i hate my birthday too, i haven't had a birthday card or gift in years. In fact the last time i was bought something for my birthday was for my 20th by Pete Doherty.

For my 21st i was violently ill with the vommiting bug; my 22nd i was dying in bed with glandular fever; for my 23rd i stayed in and played silent hill all day and night on my own; and for my 24th birthday i was sexually harrassed in work by a 60year old overweight scottish man.

stella said:
i hate my birthday too, i haven't had a birthday card or gift in years. In fact the last time i was bought something for my birthday was for my 20th by Pete Doherty.

.. The questions gotta be asked. What did Pete Doherty get you for your birthday? I hope it was a hat, as much as people question his, erm, sartorial elegance, I do like his commitment to a nice hat and wish I was confident enough to wear such a funky accessory.

stella said:
For my 21st i was violently ill with the vommiting bug; my 22nd i was dying in bed with glandular fever; for my 23rd i stayed in and played silent hill all day and night on my own; and for my 24th birthday i was sexually harrassed in work by a 60year old overweight scottish man.

It's my 27th in a couple of weeks being sexually harrassed would be a step in the right direction :) (j/k). I'm rather worried that I'm just going to spend the evening staring at the rather bland magnolia walls that currently surround me. I think that's what prompted me to come here, I always get more and more depressed as December approaches and all the various stresses it entails. It's like Valentines day, you feel somebody shoudl care but they don't. Anything involving cards is evil.

I decided to meet my friends at a Hooka bar last year. Too bad I ended up having to pick up the tab on my own birthday. :( Sometimes it's better to go alone.

U get cards at you birthday? only cards i get are from my parents and grandmother... the rest always seems to *forgotten * my bday...sight

I got F****ed up on my 21st. Drowned myself in alcohol the entire night. drank till I passed out and had no idea where I was the next morning. Thats how i did it. Drowned my depression and my loneliness with two bottles of jose cuervo.

Haven't had my 21st yet, but guessing it will be like all the other ones. Stayin in doin' honeysuckle, ie nothing. Just another day passing by. Bdays are overrated, if you ask me. Besides, i don't really have anyone to hang out with either.

Last time I had a "party", i guess was when I was 10 or something, and invited the whole class over to my house for cake and jello. Although "I" didn't really invite them, that was just the trend back then. Everybody did that for their bday. What a blast.

deliveryguy. said:
Last time I had a "party", i guess was when I was 10 or something, and invited the whole class over to my house for cake and jello. Although "I" didn't really invite them, that was just the trend back then. Everybody did that for their bday. What a blast.

I never did that when I was a kid. I tried once later. When I was in my graphics class I invited some of my classmates over on my 30th birthday. (The class consisted of mostly people in their 20s and 30s.) Some of them said they come, but in the end no one showed up. :(

sorry you had a bad birthday

hugs

mine was the best bday i've had so far..

i had lunch with my boyfriend and traveled with him... in a fancy bus lol.

your 21st is not a big deal though... just try to enjoy each day

My so called friends took me out for a drink, got me quite happy, and then paid a hot woman to kiss me, while my so called mate rolled arround on the floor laughing.

I wish i could forget it, but she was very hot!;)

That was the last time i kissed a woman:( I hadnt paid for.

Latest posts

Back