What Do I Do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aedammair

Reaction score
I am a person of few fears. I am not trying to brag it is just true. Pretty much my only fear is girls. I just can't talk to them. I have plenty of female friends but the second it starts bordering on crush I become terrified and can't think.
I honestly think sometimes that God is just setting me up for kicks and giggles. I am pretty religious but as soon as I think I know what I am doing He throws something new at me that just barely puts me over the edge.
I have never dated. I am have tried to break from my shell a time or two. The first girl I asked on a date didn't like me like that and wanted to just be friends. Since then we have become really good friends but we still have awkward moments. The second time I tried I waited just a week to long and she got asked out. I wasn't sure whether she had and I acted like a fool because of it. I am still trying to get over her. I am trying to fall for someone that I can actually go somewhere with, but every time I think I have everything figured out I get a curve ball.
A couple years ago I was falling for this girl like crazy. I was waiting until I was 16 to date thought. But life chucked a curveball and that girl went to a different school. Literally last night I thought I knew where I needed to go but today that same girl suddenly appeared and threw me off again. What am I suppose to do? That situation still hasn't changed but it still confuses me like crazy. There are girls I could pursue but I don't like being hurt and I don't like ruining friendships because of my stupid pride. What can I do?

Thanks

Aedammair

I wouldn't say that I am ugly. I am not the most handsome guy out there but I am nowhere near ugly. I think.
I guess the point is what should I do

I wish I could give some sort of advice. Sadly I never found any success in the highschool dating scene at all. I have no idea how it works. :\

Aedammair said:
"The second time I tried I waited just a week to long and she got asked out."

"A couple years ago I was falling for this girl like crazy. I was waited until I was 16 to date thought. But life chucked a curveball and that girl went to a different school."

Stop waiting and JUST DO IT :D

In school I never dated, I watched all the "jocks" have the girls throw themselves at them and be jealous of it. I actually had the courage once to tell a girl i liked her and she never talked to me again ha. I can laugh at it now. The irony is there was a girl who liked me and i never realized it. She would sit close to me on purpose etc. etc. i know this because she told me later in life. kicker is she's married now ha ha oh well. As impossible as it may seem there could be one for you. If your the religious type, I recommend hitting up all the church functions and after school events you can. This would be a great start.

As for not being hurt. I hate to say it but life is full of lessons we must learn, some seem to be over and over again. But all you can do is hold you head high because at the end of the day you only answer to yourself. It's tricky learning how to play the situation or to pick up on their vibe weather they feel it or not. Follow your instinct.

I don't know if i'm at all in the ball park here, but i hoped it helped a little.

Latest posts

Back