What do you do for a living?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apart from studying russian and english (which should be my primary job as my mom likes to put it) i also happen to sell hotdogs and chips at hockey matches. except for this friday when i'm gonna be selling at some wannabe rock concert.
It's kind of cool job actually but it's not very profitable.
better than being a bartender for sure.
i tried and failed miserably.
But later on i want to be some sort of writer.. maybe columnist.. or a designer wouldnt be bad either. anything non-related to teaching.

I'm apprenticing for Heavy Mechanics. Does any one do anything on there home time for money on the side? I was thinking I could do something as simple as building a kiln and doing powder coating or something. Although I'm not sure how simple that really is ha ha but anyways I was looking for thoughts on something profitable to do. Any one ever gamble flipping a house? how did it go?

My chosen proffesion for the past four years has been Graphic Design. Well I've been a Design student for four years at college and have recently graduated. Unfortunatley I've recently reached an artistic burnout and havn't done any work in a while, I havn't even had the motivation to look for a job as a junior designer in my local area yet, I don't know why but I've stopped associating myself as a Designer, because I don't want to feel like I define myself by my job role. Instead I've been looking for full time work in...pretty much anything.
I've changed a lot recently and I've come to understand that a lot of Design work is to do with materialism and advertising, and the whole media brainwashing type thing which is unhealthy for our society, when I'm more of an artistic person that would hate the restrictions of having to create things I wouldn't fully believe in, such as creating posters adverstising something that promises to make you feel like a celebrity when its just another materialistic con taking advantage of the general society of unhappines. I've recently come to know that I am happy without having to keep objects to give me value. I wouldn't be able to do a job in something like sales either because I know I'd be screwing people over by selling them overpriced crap, and I don't beleive in psychologically screwing people over in the slightest.

I've been mulling over serious thoughts of what careers I could choose. I want something that involves being artistic, intuition and the ability to think outside of the box, because I'm analytical, abstract and good at problem solving. I want a job that earns the respect of people without ******* people over in the process by taking advantage of the more misguided individuals. And money isn't everything for me, I don't look to the future dreaming of a huge house or lots of cars, I just want an average house, a nice group of friends, my own transport and be able to relax in the evenings, and I want to feel my work really goes with the way I think.

I guess this is the way society works though, you either agree to the society that relies on objects and media for happiness, do what your told and shut the hell up, or you end up being a bum. I'm not going for the latter, but I still believe in a world that isn't based entirely on greed.

anybody's pregnant? i sell overpriced maternity clothes. retail is what they call it,
just step down from making 12 dollars, 40 hrs a week, to $10 20-29 hrs a week. oh motherhood.
$8 for 15 mn massage in the mall, is the only way and time i get a human touch actually'

just read that somebody's job was massage, a masseuse, and everyone wanting to have one

well i pay if i have to,
sad i know
don't go get any ideas its usually after a week of jogging.

I work at a movie theatre. It's a small one, so we're not usually that busy, and I get free movies, so all in all it's pretty good for a part time job.

I guess it is what we call retail, but it still annoys me, that there is so much poverty around and theres people perfectly fine and all they think about is more profit, strange coming from someone thats a graphic designer but I think I just need to seperate what I beleive from my work life. And hey I can feel myself getting the urge to be creative again, maybe I should express it through writing a few songs or painting a few pictures...

I am an electrical engineer.
For the past 7 years or so, my job has been to design products that help build other products, using enormous radio-type energies. On good days, I have a creative outlet designing ciruitry. On fair days, writing software. On lousy days, paperwork and wading through specifications that are boring even to an engineer.

A lot of lousy days, the past few months.

Luke_S said:
there is so much poverty around and theres people perfectly fine and all they think about is more profit,

Well, to be fair I was **** close to the poverty line and living on my own last year. I can recall several weeks of penny counting. It's one thing in 3rd world countries where conditions as a whole are crap, but in my opinion it's rare in 1st world countries that adults are 'victims' of poverty. If I can get a better job, so can they. I think some people find it easier to take the government dole and complain about the man keeping them down.

hiya

i work as a sales assistant at whsmiths dont get paid much i earn £5.80 an hour but its a job hoping to move up the ladder with it :)

this pots had 666 views when i found out. only 1 view off... i made this post less evil, sry folks :(....

also sway made the exact same post i think this one must be older...

i'll prolly be makin' a living at the local subway soon... yay for loserdom

Latest posts

Back