What Do You Do With The Games That You Complete?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.:)

Usually, when I beat a game I sell it for cash and use that scratch to buy another game.(Unless the "Replay Value" is high) I don't go to EB Games because they don't offer cash, just trade-in. I get more for my games in cash at a local used store that sells them. They would offer me say $15 for any given title where EB Games would only offer around $7 in trade for that same title.

I'm on PC, and the market is shifting way in favour of digital distribution nowadays - so if you buy a boxed copy it'll have a one-use code, and once that's gone, the DVD has no value except as a backup in case you need to reinstall. Personally I don't have the bandwidth to download multiple triple-A games, so when I buy a game at the store I have a hunk of useless plastic.

When I was younger me and my friends would swap PC games regularly, but that just can't happen anymore with the way the market is. So now on PC there are only 2 choices when you beat a game: keep it on your hard drive, or delete it!

ajdass1 said:
I'm on PC, and the market is shifting way in favour of digital distribution nowadays - so if you buy a boxed copy it'll have a one-use code, and once that's gone, the DVD has no value except as a backup in case you need to reinstall. Personally I don't have the bandwidth to download multiple triple-A games, so when I buy a game at the store I have a hunk of useless plastic.

When I was younger me and my friends would swap PC games regularly, but that just can't happen anymore with the way the market is. So now on PC there are only 2 choices when you beat a game: keep it on your hard drive, or delete it!
Oh man. That sucks.

ajdass1 said:

Oh man. That sucks.

Keep them. Not only because I buy my games used so I spend a fraction of the price for them in the first place. But I know we'll always go back to playing them, especially to the multiplayer. There's a few single player games I keep, such as God of War games, simply because I absolutely love the series and they're such epic games, I can't part with them.

I usually keep them and play them again. Unless the game was utterly disappointing I trade it in, will probably do that with RE Raccoon City when RE6 comes out.

Sci-Fi said:
I usually keep them and play them again. Unless the game was utterly disappointing I trade it in, will probably do that with RE Raccoon City when RE6 comes out.
I remember accidentally shooting Luis too many times in "RE 4" and he turned around and wasted me.

Back on topic...I build a fort out of all the cases then run into it like Godzilla.

Actually no...I sell a lot on eBay, trading-in is never worth it anymore.

I sold all my games. Just kept the ps2 games and my roms. And my Pokemon Yellow, I couldn't sell that... too much emotional value.

I don't get it , I just delete them and if I ever want to play them again I download them , yaaaaaar.

I keep them. I actually don't own that many. I have a few older NES and SNES games and i still buy PS2 titles. I always find myself going back to replay every game i own. Maybe one day i will try sell some of them, games become more rare by time i belive..

It depends on the game. Most of the time I just keep mine. Sometimes I will lend them out to friends, sometimes I will play them again in a year or so time.

Some games however I will sell to one of the local video game stores (the trade in old games thing).

Latest posts

Back