What Do You Regret The Most In Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
This is an easy one for me. I regret everything I put my family through when I was drinking. I stole my mother's rings and tons of other stuff that my family owned to buy liquor. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of it. My family has forgiven me, but that provides little comfort. I'll never forgive myself.

I'm truly blessed to have a loving family when so many poor souls out there don't. You only get 1 father and 1 mother, and some people sadly, don't even have that.

I'm sorry to hear that SummerRain. I can only imagine your pain because I'm not in your situation. You must be one tough person.

LoneKiller said:
I'm sorry to hear that SummerRain. I can only imagine your pain because I'm not in your situation. You must be one tough person.

Thanx , Ive been trough alot but Im working on leaving everything behind where it belongs.

It sounds like your very close with your family and thats good, Just dont beat yourself up :)

SummerRain said:
LoneKiller said:

Thanx , Ive been trough alot but Im working leaving everything behind where it belongs.

It sounds like your very close with your family and thats good, Just dont beat yourself up :)
Thank you SummerRain.:)

SummerRain said:
lonelyfairy said:
That I even born... :(

I feel like that sometimes...Yea I know it sucks :(

Yes, it really sucks... Like why I even born? Only that I will suffer? Of course I can't avoid misfortunes, but sometimes it's all just too much...

Crying every day, trying to be strong... :(

That I was pathetic loser throughout grade school who thought that acceptance and slack was the name of the game.

That I didn't listen to my parents and doctors when they told me to lose weight when I was younger.

I would have done that I am sure I would have high confidence and would be sitting in a high school classroom with friends right now; instead of spending more than 4 years locked inside my own home.

Ak5 said:
That I didn't listen to my parents and doctors when they told me to lose weight when I was younger.

I would have done that I am sure I would have high confidence and would be sitting in a high school classroom with friends right now; instead of spending more than 4 years locked inside my own home.

I already said sorry for losing the key.

Jeez, some people sure can hold grudges.....:p

Ooooh you mean besides living? :p I don't regret much of anything. All of my past choices make me what I am now, for better or for worse. I can fix my bad traits in the future, but I'd never have my good traits if it weren't for every step I took in the past. Perhaps two things I would take back/do over if I could would be:

- Acknowledging my need for social interaction. It'd be a HUGE step back in my personal growth, but I honestly think I'd be much happier slaving for my family without feeling like I want to be with people. This is because look at me now: independent, but still without a shred of real-life interpersonal relationships. I also wish I'd never made friends online. I would've done better in school if I hadn't. Basically, if I HAD to take back a part of my life, it would be making and wanting friends since the day my sister was born. Now I can't go back to the way I was, and I'm stuck as an awkwardly sheltered socially inept basement dweller (so to speak).

- Realizing my mother's flaws. With some training I bet I could go back to my naive state, but basically I wish I could go back to believing that my mother is the only victim, that my life is only validated by how much I can help her, and that whatever she says is correct. Her disappointment in me would be solely my fault and my only thought would be to change myself. Now that I see she's a psychotic ***** who can't admit to being wrong (in fact, this was just proven less than two minutes ago in a heated conversation with her), I hate her just as much as I love her. That is to say, if she continues to push me one time too many, she'll find either herself or myself beaten brutally and tortured to a bitter death, because I doubt she'll go down easy.

I'm not entirely sure of it, but feel like if I had the power to take back these two changes in me, I would be very, very happy.

However, I do not in the least bit regret these changes because I see them as overall growth.

Ak5 said:

"...When I was 16, my parents knew nothing. When I turned 21, I was surprised at how much they learned in 5 years..."

-- The late Joe Harris

Latest posts

Back