What Do You Regret The Most In Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only regret is allowing my mum to switch me around schools from 6th-8th grade, then returning to my home district for high school as a totally friendless stranger to people I used to know.

My biggest regret is when I stopped taking my medications.
I just got promoted to a very great job position. My future was looking bright. I felt so well that I thought I didn't need my medications any more. So I stopped. A couple days later my boss upset me and I quit on the spot.
I've been without a job for more than a year and it's very depressing.
Why oh why? Just when things are going great in my life something suddenly ruins it!!!
Oh well...
That's my biggest regret.

You aren't alone Idol Minos. Tons of people, including myself have stopped taking meds because you feel that they have cured you. Big mistake. If the meds are working, keep it up. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

LoneKiller said:
You aren't alone Idol Minos. Tons of people, including myself have stopped taking meds because you feel that they have cured you. Big mistake. If the meds are working, keep it up. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not alone. It's always a good wake up call to look around and realize what others are going through. Not that I'm glad that they're going through something tough, just glad that I'm not alone going through hardships.

But still I can't help but think... I would have saved more than $10,000 by now!

Ah well. It's not so bad really.

I wish I had gone about my post high school aspirations differently. I went to college without a good support system and I am paying the price for it everyday. I also wish I had explored dating a little more when I was younger. I am in my late 20s and I have never had a girlfriend. I find that my options get more limited the further I move on.

My biggest regret was how I treated someone from my past who truly loved and cared about me. Although I later apologized for my behavior, it could have never have made it better. We ended off that apology on bad terms, but now they are dead, so it is something I will never be able to finish or fully bring to a close. I guess at least I learned my lesson?

Barbaloot said:
My biggest regret was how I treated someone from my past who truly loved and cared about me. Although I later apologized for my behavior, it could have never have made it better. We ended off that apology on bad terms, but now they are dead, so it is something I will never be able to finish or fully bring to a close. I guess at least I learned my lesson?

Yeah don't let it eat you up. We all make mistakes. Learning from it is the best thing you can do. That would be enough I think.

As for regrets.. I don't know.. I do regret not being more open in School and College. I think I could have enjoyed it more if I wasn't shy and quiet. That's no biggie though.

What Do You Regret The Most In Life?

Being too caring, loving, understanding of others, and allowing them to run over me (to a certain extent) because I thought I could make everyone's life better at the expense of mine by taking in the pain for them.

Now, I realize that the real world does not work like that, my rosey coloured glasses are broken, and a bitter person for it.

I don't usually regret the things I do in life because I'd like to see them as life lessons to be experienced and learned from.

A little story before I say what my regret is. My dad and I used to be really really close. I was his little girl even when I was a teenager, he was always so protective of me. Even though they were done in subtle or weird ways, I was always sheltered and cared for by him. But during his last few weeks, we weren't on good terms as there was a misunderstanding between us. He wouldn't hear me out and stayed stubborn about the fact that I was wrong (but I really didn't do anything :\ ).

So, there was one thing I did regret. On the day I had to call an ambulance when my dad wasn't responding, the paramedics told me I could not take the ride with them in the back as for some reason, they couldn't allow that. I regret that I did not force my way up the ambulance in the back where they wheeled my dad in. I regret that I couldn't hold his hand and be by his side when he gave his last breath, when I couldn't ask him for his forgiveness for the things I've done wrong. He went all alone. Just as he had predicted he would have. I regret all that and for a while I took it quite hard. Couldn't believe I was so stupid. But I guess I just wanted him to be okay and get to the hospital fast, didn't want to hold them back by arguing - or I was just in a daze with all that happening.

That's the one thing I regret in life. Not able to be by my dad when he passed on in the ambulance. :\

I don't understand why...it is worth it to mention or put a focus on what we regret. Won't this just bring up bad emotions? Oftentimes one cant change the things they regret.

SophiaGrace said:
I don't understand why...it is worth it to mention or put a focus on what we regret. Won't this just bring up bad emotions? Oftentimes one cant change the things they regret.

^ Agreed. Accept all things as experience - good or bad - learn from it or cherish it and relish the next day.

What I regret is getting to the lowest level of hating myself so bad that I can't see any good in me. I regret believing all the things I've convinced myself that I was because now that I'm older it hurts every day when I make effort to turn things around and be happier. That's what I regret the most because throughout it all I haven't been able to love myself like I should and I can't see the beautiful things that others see in me. (sings *a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down*)

OddlyUnique said:
What I regret is getting to the lowest level of hating myself so bad that I can't see any good in me. I regret believing all the things I've convinced myself that I was because now that I'm older it hurts every day when I make effort to turn things around and be happier. That's what I regret the most because throughout it all I haven't been able to love myself like I should and I can't see the beautiful things that others see in me. (sings *a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down*)

Blasphemy! :p
Protip: you don't need anything. Anything AT ALL to be happy.
:)

My regrets: not taking action where I should, on many occasions. Being too hesitant when I have nothing to lose in trying. Also, learning so late in life that I should appreciate the small things in life, and that the details are always important :)

Changing myself to please my ex bf. Hiding my true feelings from my family and friends. Letting people push me around, not standing up for myself. Dating the wrong type of guys and putting up with their abuse.

Latest posts

Back