What do you think it will take to completely abolish racism in the world?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjam

Reaction score
I think a combination of a small number of ideas is needed. One of those ideas happens to be "crazy" and will never happen - an amnesia of history and total loss of all its archives. Imagine future generations growing up with zero knowledge of history, or at least any pieces of it that could contribute to a growth of racism in the world. Would ignorance not be bliss in this case?
But even while I think we'd at least be temporarily rid of it, there's a chance it could return - for the same reasons it ever came to be in the first place.

Time. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of time.

I think everyone would have to die. There's always one person that will judge snother just by their color. I don't think you can ever get rid of it. It'd be like trying to get every teen to stop fighting with their parents.

An act of god or change of DNA structure.

As long as human is made out of the same cosmo goo, star dust or have animal/survival instink,
There's always going to be a fight to survive.

Even if racism was abalish, there's still sexism, class wars or econamic.

Even people of the same race discrimate against each other in any country.
Blacks hates blacks...even white hates white...latino hates latino , even asain hates asian.

Everyone wants to be on top of the food chain or the chief.
No one wants to be the little indians.

In other words..no one wants to take the trash out or unclogg honeysuckle for a living.
And there's always plenty of people who wants thier own Reality T.V. show making millions
for bascailly doing nothing and think they're all that...lmao
Hitler had an idea...just one master race.lol

Or a common enemy..such as an Alien invasion or sometype
of Virus out break that will try to wipe out humanity from the face
of the earth.

Education is the key. I'm not sure if it will ever be gone from our society. It seems to be human nature. "The powers that be" want us to be this way. If we were more educated on what is really going on in the world, we would see that we are being turned against each other. We have to fight it so we won't destroy each other and give "them" what they want. You probably don't believe me but try to keep an open mind and read all the information you can about it. We are being controlled and the more we know, the more we can see what's going on. Conspiracy sites are a good way to start. Sure, some of it is bullshit but you just have to try to filter through the information. Trust the intelligent people who seem to know what they're talking about.

An alien invasion.

Just kidding. Sort of.

Honestly, I think it will take something that drastic for people to get over their primal clannishness. Racism is basically that, an extreme Us vs. Them delineation, why else would people care that there are others out there who are different from us? Some people feel a gut-wrenching insecurity when faced with differences, as if that invalidates them.

Maybe someday all forms of nationalism and ethnic identity will fade away, but not for a long time.

No people. As long as there are people, there will be senseless wars for things.

You can't ever get rid of racism because you can't control thoughts.

MTrip said:
Brain implants, for every human on the planet. Only mind control by some benevolent agency would banish racism for good.

Nah, a new civilisation should do it, a smarter, less judgmental and kinder one. The very size of the universe and within it's entirety I'm pretty sure one exists, I doubt we'll make it past another 500/1000 years at the rate we're going.

There will always be ignorant people in this world.

However, I do believe that we have progressed to the point where the ignorant are the minority. Most people aren't racist anymore. Go back to the 18th century, and you would have seen a completely different America.

jjam said:
I think a combination of a small number of ideas is needed. One of those ideas happens to be "crazy" and will never happen - an amnesia of history and total loss of all its archives. Imagine future generations growing up with zero knowledge of history, or at least any pieces of it that could contribute to a growth of racism in the world. Would ignorance not be bliss in this case?

I don't think so. People would just repeat the same mistakes. A lack of information and education never really helped anyone.

I doubt racism will ever completely vanish. Even if it did, people will always find ways to divide themselves. Segregation comes naturally, it seems.

Completely abolish is a little too far. People will always have some contrived notion in their head. Even decidedly non-racists occasionally act on a racial judgement. The better question is how to diminish it as an institutional, systemic problem. The biggest force combating that is interracial marriage, multiracial being the fastest growing racial demographic in the United States. There is also the issue of economic inequality.
Really, in the West at least, the strongest intransigent force is this trend to repackaging of racist ideologies. Things like state's rights, profiling, and anti-multiculturalism have all been cloaked under the guise of libertarianism or security. I think that the first step should be to allow people to unveil their racism, so at least you can argue it out front.

Sigma said:
Take out the human gene that causes conflict, and while you're at it take out the greed one too so we can have world peace.

Gotta agree with this.

One of my favorite songs is rush's subdivisions.

Subdivisions,
In the high school halls,
In the shopping malls,
Conform or be cast out,
Be cruel or be cast out.

Too true, unfortunately

Latest posts

Back