what do you when a part of you wants to love, and a part of you doesn't?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedom

Reaction score
has anyone been in this situation? i'm sure we've all been hurt at one point or another, and told ourselves "enough is enough" and tried venturing out to find a new love, but how do you manage to take that first step?

i've been hurt... burned... very badly, and i'm wanting to bury it all and start anew, but i'm finding it oh so hard to do so. there's this really nice girl that i'm interested in, and that is really interested in me, and part of me is wanting to ask her out on a date, but part of me is like, "forget it". that same part keeps on telling me that i'll never find love again, and that i'm meant to be alone, but deep down inside, i know it can't be true.

going back to read all of this, it sounds like a total contradiction to me, but it's what's going on inside me. does anyone have any words of advie or wisdom that they can share? i guess what i'm wanting to know is what to do to get back on the right path when i've been led astray.

any advice is greatly appreciated in advance.

-freedom

Hey freedom,
I don't have any particular pearls of wisdom to offer but I know you're not the only one out there that feels that way. I don't think there's any one particular right answer on how to get back out there. If there's someone that you're interested in, though, that's a good start. What do you have to lose by asking her out on a date?
I've always thought that "there's someone for everyone" but I've taken an indefinite break from dating after a disastrous date a few weeks ago. I figure if and when I'm ready again, I'll know and then it'll be time again. Good luck, whatever you decide to do-

Teresa

I go through the samething after every break up....

Just like grieving...theres not a right or
wrong way. And those **** stages of anger, renegotiations, hurt dosnt come up in a particular sequence

Some say...take time to heal...6 months or 1 yr...etc

Just ask her out...allow yourself to move forward.

Im with a new gf at the moment. Met her less than a week after a terrible
break up.

I still have very strong feelings for Renae .Today my feelings of her
is Anger. I still love her very much..
I try not to figure it out too much.
I use the Sedona Method to let go
or process my emotions.

Life is too short. This I know.

thank you guys so so much for replying. i really appreciate at :)

i was up all night thinking about this, and i realize now that you two are totally right. i have so much to lose if i just mope around about my heartbreak.

thank you guys very much. i really appreciate your replies with all my heart :)

All you have to do is not give up. It is all possible. Happens to me as well at times, you just have to do it, you have to force yourself to talk to her. The hardest part but if it works, its very much worth it.

It might be awhile until you find the right person, but you eventually will.

Ak5 said:
All you have to do is not give up. It is all possible. Happens to me as well at times, you just have to do it, you have to force yourself to talk to her. The hardest part but if it works, its very much worth it.

It might be awhile until you find the right person, but you eventually will.

thanks for the advice :) i will definitely talk to her and see where things go ;)

as for finding the right one, i know she's out there somewhere and i'm willing to search my whole life for her.

Latest posts

Back