What does it mean by "unregister"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
I notice a lot of the people I knew are now "unregister"? What does it mean?

A pruning-mod was installed here a couple of months ago which had some default settings for how long a member can be inactive before it's automatically deleted from the database (to save space, bandwidth and queries) which were a little too low (30 days). Unfortunately, the mod's settings weren't configurable until after it was activated and started pruning people out.

The time members who posted at least once can be inactive before their account is deleted is now set to 365 days.
The time for members who never posted is set to 90.

Robin said:
A pruning-mod was installed here a couple of months ago which had some default settings for how long a member can be inactive before it's automatically deleted from the database (to save space, bandwidth and queries) which were a little too low (30 days). Unfortunately, the mod's settings weren't configurable until after it was activated and started pruning people out.

The time members who posted at least once can be inactive before their account is deleted is now set to 365 days.
The time for members who never posted is set to 90.

I don't even know what to say...((((Shock))))

So is this why so many people I know left because all their post was deleted? Please tell me that isn't the case, and if so than why am I still register, since I left for 2 months and came back, and left for another 2 months I believe and then came back?

365 days seem fair but so many people I know left, I'm a little bit disappointed, I lied...I'm very disappointed.

There posts are not deleted, Just the accounts. This things well happen. No point in crying over spelt milk. They can come back and make new accounts if they like.

Bluey said:
There posts are not deleted, Just the accounts. This things well happen. No point in crying over spelt milk. They can come back and make new accounts if they like.

((((Bluey))))

Can't believe this day has come but I disagree with you wholeheartedly. Even though I'm know you have a good heart, you cannot call past member spill milk. I just have to stood my ground this time around. Now I would hope that they left for some other reason, but seeing so many leave, that is just unacceptable a bit that it was a mistake.

Wait...this is Bluey right?

I'm sorry, I miss them, and I'm quite tire as well.

Chris

Most of the members who were pruned actually had been inactive for longer than a month. They surely had no plans in coming back, and why make the website slower for everyone and the expenses for the servers higher because of hundreds of unused accounts?

The whole point of this website is for people to get help to spread their wings and fly away and hopefully forget about everything that remind them of their sad past, which unfortunately also includes this community. They're not supposed to stay here for long. They have a full life to live, which we possibly couldn't give them from a website.

Robin said:
Most of the members who were pruned actually had been inactive for longer than a month. They surely had no plans in coming back, and why make the website slower for everyone and the expenses for the servers higher because of hundreds of unused accounts?

The whole point of this website is for people to get help to spread their wings and fly away and hopefully forget about everything that remind them of their sad past, which unfortunately also includes this community. They're not supposed to stay here for long. They have a full life to live, which we possibly couldn't give them from a website.

I suppose your right, maybe they left because they found happiness somewhere in their lives.

Chris 2 said:
Bluey said:

((((Bluey))))

Can't believe this day has come but I disagree with you wholeheartedly. Even though I'm know you have a good heart, you cannot call past member spill milk. I just have to stood my ground this time around. Now I would hope that they left for some other reason, but seeing so many leave, that is just unacceptable a bit that it was a mistake.

Wait...this is Bluey right?

I'm sorry, I miss them, and I'm quite tire as well.

Chris

I did not mean to sound insensitive, Just I have dealt with this long ago now. I did and was and still am very upset about this accounts. But it was a long time ago this happened and am not going to keep on about something that can not be undone. Its not predictive. The ppl that run this site put a lot of work into it and all for free. They do not have to and are talented ppl, They could get paid work doing other things but choice not to as they believe this site is a worth wile one to spend time working on. They are only human and well, sometimes make a mistake.

As Robin has said, If they wonted to come back there is nothing stopping them. Its not like they have been IP band. just there accounts that was deleted by adding new modifications to the site. That's all. It happens and that's just the way it is.

If they need the forum, they will come back. Let's hope that, if they DO come back, they come back because they miss the people here, not because they're having a difficult time.

Yes just because they want too.

Latest posts

Back