What if you feel out of place?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyneco

Reaction score
I started writing something, but I kept going off-tangent that I thought it best if I just put it like this: It's frustrating.

Share your stories and let's commiserate?

I'm depressed:( Haven't been able to sleep properly, and am in self-denial over some situation. I feel terrible. What abt. you, gyneco?

I always feel out of place. It doesn't really matter where I'm at, what I'm doing, or who I'm talking with. It's just an odd feeling that I can never really shake.

Feeling out of place, i guess i don't know anything different. Just a way of life for me.

Ever since I moved, I've felt terribly out of place. I'm constantly thinking of how much I miss my old friends and town and that I just don't belong here, that I just don't fit in.

That sort of thinking won't get me anywhere. The fact still remains, but I don't have to obsess over it at every given chance. If I do, then I'll swallow myself up in my own misery - and if that happens, if I let those negative feelings get the better of me, after a while I won't even bother trying to adapt.

Giving up is not an option.

It never was.

To be perfectly honest, the only time I don't feel out of place is when I'm down at my shop alone. The cars help take my mind off of things. But then there's the "alone" part of it. And lately the enjoyment of working on the cars has eluded me completely.

I'm not out of place, I'm out of my time frame.

I was born 100 years too late.

Living in the mountains in a little log cabin, surviving off the land. Going to town once a month, limited contact with people, that's where I belong. Not in this crazy world where you are judged not on the work you do but the ass you kiss.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Going to town once a month...

Except in the winter when the pass is snowed in. To busy with trapping anyway.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
I'm not out of place, I'm out of my time frame.

I was born 100 years too late.

Living in the mountains in a little log cabin, surviving off the land. Going to town once a month, limited contact with people, that's where I belong. Not in this crazy world where you are judged not on the work you do but the ass you kiss.

I know exactly how you feel. I've always felt I should have been born so that I would have been around for the height of the musclecar era. (late '60s and '70s.)

Latest posts

Back