what if you know the day of your death

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faithy

Reaction score
I wish I could know the day of my death so that i can recognize the rest of my life ...

Figure out what's wrong with yourself before trying to worry about what migbt be wrong with someone else. Maybe he's perfectly happy.

Most folks would be pretty put off by your behavior. It's not just him.

kamya said:
Figure out what's wrong with yourself before trying to worry about what migbt be wrong with someone else. Maybe he's perfectly happy.

Most folks would be pretty put off by your behavior. It's not just him.
How ?

Therapy, meditation, self reflection. There are many ways. Therapy or counseling would probably work best in this case.

Not sure what you wrote before, but clearly the entire story isn't there anymore.

Going off what is there. Why do you need to know when you're going to die so you can figure out your life? Doesn't matter what you did in the past, that's done and over with, you can't change it. Doesn't matter what you do in the future either, because that's not here yet. What you do have, is today. Sure, you can make amends for any harm you may have done, but other than that, you just have to wake up and begin a new day.
Change what you don't like that you can and accept what you can't change. Be the person you want to be. Find something you want to do, something you enjoy and can be proud of.

It's one of my pet peeves when people edit their posts after those posts have already received replies, even if I used to do that kind of thing myself. :(

faithy said:
I wish I could know the day of my death so that i can recognize the rest of my life ...

I don't see what difference it makes, if you knew you'd just count the days until it happens.

I think it would be a good thing if we all knew our expiration date. When you don't, its always so easy to imagine that there is more time in the future, and thereby easier to put off the things that should be important to us. Ironically, I think it would also make death more pleasant. You'd be forced to come to grips with your own mortality; that there isn't always more time to be had in the future.

So I think I understand what the OP means. A life of undetermined duration can seem like a life that is eternal, and a life that is eternal is one in which you always have more time to get things straight. Knowing your expiration date forces you to face your mortality, and forces you to live life in the way that you know will be best for yourself.

Latest posts

Back