What is the best browser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xaero said:
Chrome by far. FF is an unstable pos. Anyone who says otherwise clearly just uses it to check their email and read an article or two.

I say otherwise and I use Firefox for pretty much everything. In all honesty, the only real difference on my system is that Chrome may be marginally faster.

I don't think there is any difference between Firefox and Chrome, except the speed issue.

One thing I hate about Firefox is that I used an extension called "Favicon Changer." This changes the favicons, and I was using it to customize my browser.

Well, Firefox disabled that in their latest update, or made it hard for the developer to update it. So he's stopped making it.

I switched to Chrome, and there is a developer making one for Chrome. So I'll stick with Chrome. I can't use my bookmarks and make them look neat and tidy in Firefox anymore.

Another thing I hated about Firefox is that they didn't save the customized favicons, so each time you reinstalled Firefox, you had to start from the beginning. And depending on your OS, it could take 10 minutes, or an hour, to update all the favicons. Chrome just....saves them, so that if you link a new computer, tablet, or smartphone with Google Chrome, they show up immediately. No tweaking needed.

blackdot said:
I won't use Chrome since it's part of Google.

You make it seem like that's a bad thing. No matter what browser you use, you will always be tracked one way or another.

It all depends on what you're looking for. As an avid downloader I like the torch browser because of all the embedded downloading software. For regular browsing though firefox and chrome are great. Just no internet explorer!!!

blackdot said:
I won't use Chrome since it's part of Google.

I wouldn't say it's part of Google, they just created it obviously they're gonna promote their own site. But you can easily use another search provider with it - not like you're bound to the same one.

What I like about Google Chrome is that I'm already using all their products, so it's all thrown in together.

Plus, the way it's so fast, and I'm able to transfer things seamlessly from my tablet and Android phone to my computers, makes it worthwhile.

I have a bad experience with Mozzila and Opera. Often crash adobe flash player when i watch video. Since when I start using Chrome i havent any problems :)

I got this new laptop 1 month ago, so now i'm using Windows 7 Professional 64-bits and the best ->for me<- are Cyberfox and Waterfox, both were created for 64 bit OS.

I also use the rest (IE, chrome, firefox, safari, etc) but those are 32B. and crash often when i use them. :-/

I was entirely faithful to IE until the flickr revamp. I was always pretty much happy. It did everything I wanted it to. After flickr started running slowly and glitching though I downloaded firefox, safari and chrome to give them a try. In the end I only kept chrome. At first I'd just use that for flickr and run back to IE for everything else but gradually it became my go to.

A lot of the time now though I'm online on a tablet. I just use the stock browser for most things and dolphin for anything that needs flash.

Latest posts

Back