What is the one song/track you would want played at your funeral?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LonelyInAtl said:
I was just thinking....if I wind up passing on without having a wife or family, I might have myself cremated, loaded as buffer into shotgun shells, and have my shooting buddies go to my favorite sporting clay courses around the country and shoot me out. :)

Lol, ive got mine all planned out, and its written down, told my mom about it. Save money, no burial lot, no coffin, cremation. Spread my ashes in the river... illigal here, so it will be done secretly. Friends and family will guide my soul with drumming. They may share or write stories of memories they have of me. My musician friends will sing a few songs they know i like. Then an evening fire gathering, just for sharing and giving them a chance to mourn. Of course my real friends all know that i will be right there with them, as i beleive that death is only a transition to a higher realm.

The Good Citizen said:
Well... having given this some thought I'd have to go with "Song to the Siren" by "This Mortal Coil". I reckon that would have them weeping in the aisles or at least appreciating my late 80's indie back catalogue.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! But my preference is Laurie Freelove's rendition of "Song to the Siren"

"In My Life" - The Beatles

Actually, I am not going to have a funeral... If I did I would want to have Circus Performers and Clowns performing in the back ground... Man on stilts, juggler's, balloons, etc... Very loud carnival music playing. Trapeze artists, tumblers. Make it fun.

once my mother and my aunt pass away, there will be no one to make a funeral for me, so I guess I will just go with the flow and end up wherever the city administration put me, no music request

I put a lot of thought into this a couple of years ago when it looked like I wouldn't be around much longer and I settled on Little Victories by Matt Nathanson.

[video=youtube]

'Before I Go' (acoustic version) by Unwritten Law.

...Before I Go
I need you to know
I'm still alive in you
It's my time to go...

Latest posts

Back