What is the opposition to bulking and cutting? Seriously?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Joseph,

I never, ever, ever call women whores. A WHORE is someone who sleeps with alot of people promiscuously. If anything, I say the EXACT opposite of this. I say that women ONLY sleep with a small percentage of men. That's the exact opposite.

Another thing is that you say I talk like women have no emotions. This is also the OPPOSITE of what I say. I think women are very strongly driven by emotions.

^^^Kinda picking at lint when the entire coat's covered in honeysuckle, aren't ya?

Maybe I'm the crazy one but I never thought Soc was trying to be offensive towards women. I think he has one very basic idea that applies to both members of the opposite sex when trying to find someone you'd be attracted to. The idea is to work on yourself to improve your chances of attracting someone. Soc emphasizes the physical (fitness), not that he dismisses all other components (mental/spiritual).

I really don't see the big deal.

jjam said:
Maybe I'm the crazy one but I never thought Soc was trying to be offensive towards women. I think he has one very basic idea that applies to both members of the opposite sex when trying to find someone you'd be attracted to. The idea is to work on yourself to improve your chances of attracting someone. Soc emphasizes the physical (fitness), not that he dismisses all other components (mental/spiritual).

Thank God you showed up.

jjam said:

You must not read everything he says. Because out of all the individual issues and problems we all have, he's basically saying that there's only ONE real solution. And that solution is to be buff and muscular and tanned. His solution for EVERY person, imo, is basically saying, be fake and pretend to be something and someone you're not, because attracting partners in life is all that matters.

VanillaCreme said:
You must not read everything he says. Because out of all the individual issues and problems we all have, he's basically saying that there's only ONE real solution. And that solution is to be buff and muscular and tanned. His solution for EVERY person, imo, is basically saying, be fake and pretend to be something and someone you're not, because attracting partners in life is all that matters.

Yups, because getting attention from girls will solve all your problems. :rolleyes2:

omar said:
VanillaCreme said:

Yups, because getting attention from girls will solve all your problems. :rolleyes2:

It'll certainly fill the void inside of you.

But then again, the void will still be there unless you deal with your low self-esteem.

You know, I guess I get a very different message from a lot of Socrates' posts. One that I kind of try to preach myself, albeit with different adjectives and maybe a few alternate verbs.

While he does mention some PUA stuff and talk a lot about working out, what he talks about is simply developing a plan to better one's self and use it as a means to attract a mate. Whenever I've talked to him in these threads and whatnot, and just reading some of his other posts, I also see him talking about branching out in to things we haven't tried before, ie martial arts, music, or obtaining new things to talk about. I believe he and I actually agreed on this very point in one thread. It would be hypocritical of me to really disagree with his methods; it was by boldly deciding to just try some new things and explore outside of my 'box' that I improved my life and actually became happy. Life rocks now and I have more interests than I ever have.

He actually talks more about that stuff than going out, getting smashed, and dragging home drunk chicks.

If you look beyond "Im doing this to pick up girls" and realize there's myriad other reasons to pursue them, it actually is pretty cool.

In reading the Edda, specifically pieces like Grimnismal or Havamal, or even Voluspa, we know that Odin is a god (the root word of 'good', by the way, in our modern english lexicon) who is constantly learning. Every morning his ravens Huginn and Muninn fly across the world and return to him with new knowledge. He even sacrificed his eye to the Well of Mimir to gain knowledge.

We know that Thor, wielding Mjolnir (the embodiment of willpower and capability), acts boldly in his tasks...albeit guided by Odin's wisdom.

At the end of the day, the entirety of the Norse pantheon are embodiments of all the forces at work within us. The best life is achieved through a balance between them all. Therefor is it not good to be ever striving toward bettering ourselves?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, that I like Socrates. Sometimes he says a thing or two that I look sideways at, but at the end of the day I appreciate the core of his message and the amount of concern he has for others to find success in dating by finding excellence in themselves.

Socrates:

All women =
- have no control over their sexual urges
- are superficial and go for the "alpha male"

....is the same as....

All black people =
- love fried chicken

It's misogyny, and I'm shocked it's been allowed to go this far.

The point is that guy is not trying to help guys, he is trying to upset and hurt women with his veiled misogynistic posts about how they are basically amoral creatures with no self-control.

Second this is: a good test for whether or not someone is a troll, is if they would say the things they've said on an internet forum in real life to people's faces.

I highly doubt he sit in a room with the nice women from this website and continue to filibuster about how they are amoral, out of control, and ruled by their sexuality.

Badjedidude said:
^^^Again, extremely well-said.

Thank you, BJD. I appreciate the support. It appears as though you also have your head screwed on straight. I can't believe some of the people coming out in support of this guy.

You know as well as I do, he is not "trying to inspire all the Asperger's sufferers who hoard to this websites. He is instead "trying to insult and disparage all of the vulnerable women on this website". It's nice to know I'm not the only one who reads between the lines in all of his posts that are full of VEILED MISOGYNY.

everyone

calmdown-271x300.jpg

please

thanks

:)

I think some of his points tend to get a little extreme or skrewed, I don't really agree with a lot of what he's saying
but things tend to get worse when we start making a big deal out of these things

Brian said:
his message and the amount of concern he has for others to find success in dating by finding excellence in themselves.

You must be kidding. His message is one of finding excellence in themselves? How? By insulting women from behind a keyboard in the anonymity of cyberspace? Dude, read what he says...

Socrates DOESN'T say: Hey guys, workout and be your best person.

Socrates DOES say: Hey guys, workout and get buff and do martial arts and lose weight, SO THAT THOSE amoral women who have no control over their emotions or sexual urges will be forced to rip their panties off and fresia you, of course, if you dont' do this they will cheat on you with every alpha male that comes their way.

YOU SERIOUSLY SUPPORT THIS?

evanescencefan91 said:
everyone

calmdown-271x300.jpg

please

thanks

:)

I think some of his points tend to get a little extreme or skrewed, I don't really agree with a lot of what he's saying
but things tend to get worse when we start making a big deal out of these things

I'm calm, EvanescenceFan. However, are you suggesting it is somehow more inflammatory of me to defend women against misogyny than it is for someone to go around posting it?

Are racist comments protected here too?

I'll never understand why some moderators get so worked up over those who make strong arguments instead of attacking those that make the WRONG arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back