What kind of music do you like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alma lost her spoon said:
In no praticular order, I often listen to much of the following

Punk
Ska
Reggae
HipHop
TripHop
Chicago House
Techno
Classical
Sweet Purdy Country Acid House(music all night long)
Rock n Roll
Rockabilly/Psychobilly
Metal
Industrial
Motown/Stax
Blues
Jazz
Glam Rock
Musicals

I just enjoy a lot of music-I'm not so fond of 'commercial pap' & don't tend to listen to commercial radio or watch much tv.

One after my own heart :)

Paul Meranda said:
I have such a habit of getting what ever I feel like getting with the internet nowadays, so its hard for me sometimes to understand why younger people sometimes only listen to Pink Floyd and ACDC and Aerosmith and The beatles. Maybe Van Halen. Theres just so much better stuff out there to me, or stuff i didnt know i loved. I just went through the earlier stuff from Papa Roach, who I hadn't listened to in some ten years, just because I ran across an old release of theirs after learning they were opening for Nuclear Rabbit years ago, a kind of Mr Bungle band that only released a few golden records together..

I vote for the guy above talking about Animals as Leaders and Satriani and petrucci. I'm generally a fan of technical melodic death metal, or ambient, progressive metal. I have old tastes with nu-metal and classic rock, and random elements like a one-off rap song or some good house trance.

Periphery, The Faceless, Necrophagist, Decapitated, Disperse, Blotted Science/Spastic Ink, Novelists, Arsis, Revocation, Kadinja, In Flames, Destiny Potato, David Maxim Micic, Vomitron, Suicide Silence, Chelsea Grin, Blinded Colony aka The Blinded, Born of Osiris, Nativ, SUBSTRUCTURE...

to Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Sum 41, Lostprophets, Korn, Static-X...

AFI, Nuclear Rabbit, Eiffel 65, Offspring, Minor Threat, Nirvana, Zeppelin, Floyd, ...

Im not sure if i believe in someone saying theyll listen to anything, no offense. I just think eventually a song will come on the radio and theyll go, 'Ugh, please change this..' So i guess a little bit of rock. But not a little bit of country...

Periphery. I can't believe I forgot them on my short list. Great band.
Suicide Silence is another. Drowning Pool. New Medicine. Seether. Young Guns. Aleixonfire.
You might like Starset, given your list.
Kopek. Amazing Irish band.
And Rise Against. I am little disappointed that they didn't make it on my first post.

JHK said:
Paul Meranda said:
I have such a habit of getting what ever I feel like getting with the internet nowadays, so its hard for me sometimes to understand why younger people sometimes only listen to Pink Floyd and ACDC and Aerosmith and The beatles. Maybe Van Halen. Theres just so much better stuff out there to me, or stuff i didnt know i loved. I just went through the earlier stuff from Papa Roach, who I hadn't listened to in some ten years, just because I ran across an old release of theirs after learning they were opening for Nuclear Rabbit years ago, a kind of Mr Bungle band that only released a few golden records together..

I vote for the guy above talking about Animals as Leaders and Satriani and petrucci. I'm generally a fan of technical melodic death metal, or ambient, progressive metal. I have old tastes with nu-metal and classic rock, and random elements like a one-off rap song or some good house trance.

Periphery, The Faceless, Necrophagist, Decapitated, Disperse, Blotted Science/Spastic Ink, Novelists, Arsis, Revocation, Kadinja, In Flames, Destiny Potato, David Maxim Micic, Vomitron, Suicide Silence, Chelsea Grin, Blinded Colony aka The Blinded, Born of Osiris, Nativ, SUBSTRUCTURE...

to Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Sum 41, Lostprophets, Korn, Static-X...

AFI, Nuclear Rabbit, Eiffel 65, Offspring, Minor Threat, Nirvana, Zeppelin, Floyd, ...

Im not sure if i believe in someone saying theyll listen to anything, no offense. I just think eventually a song will come on the radio and theyll go, 'Ugh, please change this..' So i guess a little bit of rock. But not a little bit of country...

Periphery. I can't believe I forgot them on my short list. Great band.
Suicide Silence is another. Drowning Pool. New Medicine. Seether. Young Guns. Aleixonfire.
And Rise Against. I am little disappointed that they didn't make it on my first post.
Liking the bands listed here. Think you might also like Scale the Summit, Sanctuary, Exmortus and Scar Symmetry.

AndrewLovesMusic said:
I would like to know. I like classic rock, grunge, and alt rock. GNR, led zeppelin, nirvana, audioslave, soundgarden, queen, blind melon, and lots of other like those.

Very similar to my tastes. I was a teenager in the 90's so....

I love Cream. The ultimate rock band in my opinion but I have noticed that my tastes are mellowing a bit with age.

I spent much of my youth being absolutely obsessed with Manic Street Preachers. Back in their more punkier days when Richey was around. Then I had my Marylin Mason phase. Mechanical Animals is my favourite Manson album.

Nowadays, I am loving John Grant, The National (I loooove the singer's voice).

I prefer to relax than rage, these days although I have my moments :D

JHK said:

NICE! Starset is cool! a good melodic/symphonic rock band. There's some 2010 Pendulum in there, for sure.

ill give Kopek a listen soon..

I just recently discovered 'Tinariwen' They come I think from northern Mali a desert region and play and sing in their own language desert blues..they now have a worldwide following..if you like blues of any description you will love these guys...I also like Armadou and Marian their album 'Dimanche a Bamako' is a serious blast and has had really great reviews....they sing in French (although they come from Mali) but that honestly doesn't matter....but be warned this music may make you feel alive 😆

Electronic rock and electronic pop have been my favorites for a few months now. The only problem is that some of these artists are so "indie", I can't find their stuff on YouTube to share...

I listen to a lot of metal, and as time has went by I have got into heavier stuff. I started with guns n' roses, metallica etc and now listen to Cannibal Corpse, Pantera, Blind Guardian, Lamb of God...

I do like some softer music but I think the heavier stuff really gives me my outlet even though songs like Valkyries by Blind Guardian give me the story I most love hahaha, I'll include some of my favorite songs at the bottom :)

[video=yahoo]

Korean pop, Japanese pop, trance, dance, house, oriental music, chill out, lounge.

Latest posts

Back