What made you cry today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely, my relationship is going to fail. I don't think I can accept our trouble communicating and his tendency to wall himself and his feelings off when he's stressed, unhappy, or depressed. I just want to establish a real relationship despite the distance, and focus on really getting to know him because long-distance is hard and we can't just ignore that if we want to make it. But I can't because he's so distant now.

Even understanding why he does these things and that he has depression has been a struggle, and the past few weeks I've often thought that he acted this way because of me or wasn't interested in me.

If I hadn't worked to learn this, even to the point where we argued about it, I don't know if he'd have ever just told me something like, "I'm not feeling very talkative tonight because I'm stressed about life. But I'm really happy to be here." He just remains silent in the little time we've had together, leaving me to wonder and ask questions. At times he's even just said he doesn't know why he's quiet, or upset.

What is a relationship partner supposed to do in that situation?

We barely talk right now and I don't feel like I can reach out to him for company. He's stressed. I'm lonely. Everything about him is him holding himself away from me. He's scared he'll drive me away or burden me if he opens up. He's scared I'll get bored of affection if he's affectionate. He doesn't want to talk when he's upset and just plays video games while I sit here upset, too.

It's too early in a relationship to be trying to shoulder this when I just want to start getting close and getting to know him better, and feeling safe and secure with him after 2 years of not dating.

I accept this... I don't know why I expected anything different.

this cat. I simply can`t stand seeing news on animal suffering anymore. :(

[youtube]MAiWS2StmzA[/youtube]

Jently said:
Serenia said:
Jently said:
ladyforsaken said:
Gilmore Girls. I love this show to bits.

I'm addicted too, it's my daily bedtime treat :)

Me too <3

Not seen the new ones yet.
^
No nor have I. I'm on the last 5 episodes of the final series and dreading reaching the end :(  :D

Just a good reason to start again :D.  I have been re-watching them and just near the end of Season 1.  It is my all time favourite show.

Serenia said:
Jently said:
Serenia said:
Jently said:
ladyforsaken said:

Me too <3

^
No nor have I. I'm on the last 5 episodes of the final series and dreading reaching the end :(  :D

Just a good reason to start again :D.  I have been re-watching them and just near the end of Season 1.  It is my all time favourite show.

Well, it beats Strictly...

Cavey said:
Serenia said:
Jently said:
Serenia said:
Jently said:

Me too <3

^

:p Urgh only just a teensie bit.  Shall I bring my box set round then, I will even allow German subtitles ;)

Serenia said:
Cavey said:
Serenia said:
Jently said:
Serenia said:
Me too <3

^

:p Urgh only just a teensie bit.  Shall I bring my box set round then, I will even allow German subtitles ;)

I've been forced to sit through some of it before. I'm not doing it again... mind you, it couldn't be worse than Dawson's Creek was.

Serenia said:
Jently said:
Serenia said:
Jently said:
ladyforsaken said:

Me too <3

^

I've watched the new ones and have been rewatching from beginning Season 1 too. I realise I can never get tired of the show.

Jently said:
Shallow I know, but the new hoover I bought is crap

Sometimes, it's the smaller things that are the straw that breaks the camel's back. I hope you manage to get it changed or something.

For me watching on TV one of my favorate films Whistle down the wind. Its about a group of kids that find a man inside an empty barn and think its Jesus Christ returned when infact its an escaped dangerous convict just escaped from prison. Very heartfelt storyline and acting by all around back in the days when cinema told a storyline you could believe in without sex or violence of any sort. It always makes me cry towards the end when the kids illusions are broken when the parents turn up to tell them the truth of it all, perhaps it also shows how sentimental I am as well.

Latest posts

Back