What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I returned home from such a fine treatment, I was treated with even fine manner. And top of that something else was given too, What a day!!!

Thank You

A SERMON ON ETHICS AND LOVE

One day Mal-2 asked the messenger spirit Saint Gulik to approach the Goddess and request Her presence for some desperate advice. Shortly afterwards the radio came on by itself, and an ethereal female Voice said: YES?

"O! Eris! Blessed Mother of Man! Queen of Chaos! Daughter of Discord! Concubine of Confusion! O! Exquisite Lady, I beseech You to lift a heavy burden from my heart!"

WHAT BOTHERS YOU, MAL? YOU DON'T SOUND WELL.

"I am filled with fear and tormented with terrible visions of pain. Everywhere people are hurting one another, the planet is rampant with injustices, whole societies plunder groups of their own people, mothers imprison sons, children perish while brothers war. O, woe."

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THAT, IF IT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?

"But nobody wants it! Everybody hates it."

OH. WELL, THEN STOP.

At which moment She turned herself into an aspirin commercial and left The Polyfather stranded alone with his species.

Rodent said:
A SERMON ON ETHICS AND LOVE

One day Mal-2 asked the messenger spirit Saint Gulik to approach the Goddess and request Her presence for some desperate advice. Shortly afterwards the radio came on by itself, and an ethereal female Voice said: YES?

"O! Eris! Blessed Mother of Man! Queen of Chaos! Daughter of Discord! Concubine of Confusion! O! Exquisite Lady, I beseech You to lift a heavy burden from my heart!"

WHAT BOTHERS YOU, MAL? YOU DON'T SOUND WELL.

"I am filled with fear and tormented with terrible visions of pain. Everywhere people are hurting one another, the planet is rampant with injustices, whole societies plunder groups of their own people, mothers imprison sons, children perish while brothers war. O, woe."

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THAT, IF IT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?

"But nobody wants it! Everybody hates it."

OH. WELL, THEN STOP.

At which moment She turned herself into an aspirin commercial and left The Polyfather stranded alone with his species.

emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Hearing my name spoken in a foreign language. It was beautiful.

Edit: Going to add it was by a foreign colleague catching my attention as I was walking down a corridor and it wafted to me, first time I have ever liked my name.

Popping on here this evening and seeing all of you lovelies.
I miss so many of you! There are a lot of new members I see.
Id name each and every person Ive missed, but there are soooo many.
I would like to mention though, how truly lovely it is to see Lady F posting again.

EveWasFramed said:
I would like to mention though, how truly lovely it is to see Lady F posting again.

Eeeeevvveeeeeee. :shy:

EveWasFramed said:

Evey! So nice to see you *hug*
Hope all's been well with you? Miss seeing you around here.

She-ra said:

Edit: Going to add it was by a foreign colleague catching my attention as I was walking down a corridor and it wafted to me, first time I have ever liked my name.

I just said your name in a few different (poorly performed) accents and decided that this dude must've been French or Italian. It sounded pretty good in both. I then tried it in Cumbrian - not as good, I'll be honest :D

user 130057 said:
She-ra said:

I just said your name in a few different (poorly performed) accents and decided that this dude must've been French or Italian. It sounded pretty good in both. I then tried it in Cumbrian - not as good, I'll be honest :D

Haha I wish I had heard this experiment, especially the Cumbrian :p. My colleague is indeed French, well guessed.

I have a stray/feral cat living in my garden by the looks of it. Is always there in the grass, it seems waiting for birds or mice, the poor thing has an injured paw as it's been holding it up and limping for some time. It won't let me get near it, but recently I bought some dry cat food and put it out, and the cat has been creeping out very nervously and then tucking in to the food so is clearly hungry.

Today I put out the cat's breakfast out for it, and it was there like a shot for the food and less nervous.

Progress in my relationship with my new furry friend!

"...are you talking to a lemon?"

"Are.... you considered a lemon?"

"I am sour as hell."

Also... "You are quite morally ambiguous when it comes down to pudding."

Latest posts

Back