What makes it special where youre from?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really interesting stuff yall, thanks everybody for posting. I always wish i had the money to be a world traveler and see some of this stuff first hand, how seriously amazing would that be? I mean I know when people live near something sometimes we take it for granted, but it still doesnt make it any less amazing. Like ive always wanted to live at the beach because i think the ocean is one of the most wonderful and amazing things there is, but ive talked to people that live there and theyre like meh, i never go to the beach lol.

Just funny how our perception and minds work, we could be sitting near the most amazing thing and completely look past it. So i appreciate yall taking the time to reply to this and keep it going its really interesting reading about everything.

Sigiriya-in-Sri-Lanka_Beautiful-setting_5777.jpg

island.jpg

You can experience so much if you come to my place.. You will definitely feel hospitality and you will get to taste lots of spicy stuff.. Yum.. Sri Lankan food is just awesome <-- this is what all the foreigners say ;)

Picturesque-Water-falls-in-Sri-Lanka.jpg

images

+you will get to taste the BEST CEYLON TEA ;)

shadetree said:
Minty said:
I went to school with Batman.

Well, I went to the same school as Christian Bale quite a few years after he left and I never met him or his family, but I don't tell people that part :D

They've filmed a few movies - or at least some scenes - in and around my hometown. Some parts of Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and one of the Harry Potters. They actually built this weird crooked house on the beach for the Harry Potter film. No idea which one it was as I have only seen the first one and it was one of the later ones.

Oh and some obscure Hungarian pop singer filmed one of their videos in the high street, which was hilarious to witness.

Apart from that, it's pretty mundane.

Where I currently live though, they filmed some King's Landing and the season one Dothraki scenes of Game of Thrones but then the local government got in a spaz with the production company and they moved filming to Croatia or somewhere :(

Heres that harry potter house you were talking about, its from deathly hallows.
[video=youtube]

**** batman AND harry potter, youre some kinda super hero by association or at least a 3rd level wizard lol. I think the one im most jealous of though is game of thrones, thats one of my favorite series ever.

That's it! The beach is called Freshwater West - 15 mins drive from my hometown. They must have diddled the lighting when they filmed that because it's usually grey and miserable there.

Hahah yeah, I'm a Mage actually ;)

should have asked HIM to give me a lift :p

is this thread about where you live or where you are born from (beautiful english grammar)?

Latest posts

Back