What’s going on, where you are or where you live?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ima Lone

Reaction score
Care to share a picture so we can see what it is that you see every day or now? Might be something fun. It will definitely be something different. Here’s where I live now, it’s about a five minute walk from where I live.

1673261864556.jpeg

Rows-corn-field-Nebraska.jpg

I live in a small Southeastern suburban community of mostly older, middle-class retirees.
These people like their electric Wal-Mart carts, their two dozen Krispy Kreme donuts, they can't talk without the twang, pride themselves on being "Country" (which idk how you can do if you live in suburbia, but okay Karen) and 3/4ths of them are politically hellbent extremists and racists. 'Murica.

:rolleyes:

I don't belong here.
Someone teach me Swedish and ship me to Uppsala.

I live in a small Southeastern suburban community of mostly older, middle-class retirees.
These people like their electric Wal-Mart carts, their two dozen Krispy Kreme donuts, they can't talk without the twang, pride themselves on being "Country" (which idk how you can do if you live in suburbia, but okay Karen) and 3/4ths of them are politically hellbent extremists and racists. 'Murica.

:rolleyes:

I don't belong here.
Someone teach me Swedish and ship me to Uppsala.
You should leave if you don't belong

I have tried.
This place pulls people back like some freak of nature black hole or something.
The money that I had 10 years ago in savings that would have lasted me a year without having to work and cover all overhead costs, would now cover less than half of that due to inflation and interest rates rising faster than the foam in a dropped 2-liter of soda. I mean the good news is that I get to see old friends occasionally this way. 🤷‍♂️

But yeah there's nothing going on here. Like, ever. Unless you're into cars, there's some different car shows throughout the year that annually happen, but that's about it. And of course because that's the local event, likewise parking becomes a nightmare, the line to get in is a nightmare, and once you get in and you're there for 2 or 3 hours you can pretty much wrap it up and leave, hit the bar on the way home for a couple hours, and then yeah go home and pass out because you've probably got work tomorrow. And that's the gist of it, really.

There is no actual place of belonging location-wise for someone like me.
I'm very restless in that regard. Where I lay my head is home. That's just life.
I've thought a couple times of just quitting everything and joining a commune on a bus to live on the road bbbuutttt the road is rough, and those people fight a lot because all of them wanted in on the premise of an alternative lifestyle where fun is prioritized over labor and practicalities and that's just, not how that realistically works.

Well if they were all like you who would you judge? I mean if you don't relate then leave. Its easy. Pack a bag and go. Ive actually done that several times and I discovered that no matter how the people were or were not like me I was still me everywhere I went.

Well if they were all like you who would you judge? I mean if you don't relate then leave. Its easy. Pack a bag and go. Ive actually done that several times and I discovered that no matter how the people were or were not like me I was still me everywhere I went.

I know that already though. 😂
It's just cheaper to be where I'm at.
You know how, when a married couple decide to start a family, so they look for a house with accommodating space?
It's kinda like that.
Eventually I too am gonna be old and want to retire.
I can save a lot of money and time but just hanging tight.
I've already done my travelling, did it in my 20s for prospecting.
Definitely still want to visit various places wherein I'd need to learn the languages though.

I know that already though. 😂
It's just cheaper to be where I'm at.
You know how, when a married couple decide to start a family, so they look for a house with accommodating space?
It's kinda like that.
Eventually I too am gonna be old and want to retire.
I can save a lot of money and time but just hanging tight.
I've already done my travelling, did it in my 20s for prospecting.
Definitely still want to visit various places wherein I'd need to learn the languages though.
Duolingo is one free way to get started learning. It's not perfect but then what is, really?

Only thing is, you have to actually use it instead of just wanting to be given the gift of knowledge.

I've used it for 751 days in a row now. I'm not fluent but I'm accomplished. Buena suerte para ti!

1673279045878.png

I don't really know what to say, my city is somewhat getting worse by the day. Tons of good stuff to do, but too many people are slowly getting cramped into a small space, and rent is skyrocketting like crazy :(

Moving back with my mother will help everyone financially so I'm currently doing that (she lives in suburbia while I lived closer to the city center, in a nice big appartment, but too big
for my lonely self)

it seems like poverty is on the rise everywhere. Graffitis and trash... I don't remember that much graffiti and trash in my youth. It's scary and depressing at the same time

University people are not what I used to know, whenever I go back to uni to see some friends, it feels weird...

I don't think I want to stay in my city, but yeah... **** I'm not feeling great rn.

I'll finish my woodworking school (in 2 years I'm done normally) and hopefully I'll have the courage to learn coding, because I want to move out of here :(

Latest posts

Back