What to say to a girl you like the look of

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK...here's a classic that I haven't seen anyone mention yet.
How about...

"Hi. How are you? :) "

That one gets me every time. I never fail to reply.

Just sayin.... lol

I think actually it's not always what you say, it's how you deliver it, how you come across. You could say, "Jeeze you look weird in them shoes" straight off, if you said it with confidence and she'd be like, "who d'ya think you are mister" in her head and probably be stunned by your confidence lol! maybe not to a stranger though thinking about it, to a girl you sorta knew already. It just wears me down how us men have to make the first move all the time. Sometimes the anxiety takes over so much I don't say anything. Especially if there's other strangers around listening, and if you die on your arse you're gonna make a right idiot of yourself. For instance, A girl got on the bus today and she was stunning. As she walked past the front of the bus (I was sitting inside) I clocked her, and she knew I did, and when she got on I couldn't take my eyes off her, then she sat down across the other side from me, in hindsight, probably cause she wanted me talk to her, as other seats further up were available. Anyway, didn't know what to say, got very nervous, butterflies etc etc and for the next 20minutes of journey couldn't do or say anything although I so wanted to, was constantly aware she was just over there for the whole journey till she got off the bus. It's a nightmare. Then I just beat myself up all day thinking of the missed opportunity and the fact that I'm still single. Once I comfortable around a girl though, and she's accepted me and it's obvious everything's cool, i'm fine. I'm witty, charming, charismatic, confident, like with the girl at college, just need somehow to get to the stage with someone I really fancy, need a class of somekind where hot girls in their mid to late 20's will be lol!

When I see a girl I like the look of, I usually end up saying, "Oh my God, the pepper spray burns!"

EveWasFramed said:
OK...here's a classic that I haven't seen anyone mention yet.
How about...

"Hi. How are you? :) "

That one gets me every time. I never fail to reply.

Just sayin.... lol

Good one Eve. I agree.

this is definitely a problem for me. i'm not good at continuing conversations once they've started. i can make a perfectly fine intro then it falls apart pretty fast. i definitely don't just approach girls that i don't know, my anxiety would go berzerk. in a casual setting i can at least talk to women if they're approachable and we have some mutual friends or something. but since i'm not in college anymore, i feel like i have like NO way too meet women. i feel so isolated from all that. i'd feel real creepy trying to meet girls on facebook or something...i'm too shy and unconfident to initiate conversation because i really don't handle rejection well. the whole fuckin thing just...confuses me.

I know what you're saying. Sometimes I can pluck stuff out of thin air, but most of the time not. Makes me feel hollow inside, can't explain it. I been single that long it hurts. Watching guys that can charm and have charisma with women kills me sometimes, that's why I wrote this. I feel like I'm weird a lot of the time, I seriously need a personality transplant lol! I sometimes wonder if I have a personality disorder, or am just plain weird. A guy at college today waved at a sexy bird he knew and she smiled back like really affectionately, she wouldn't do that if I'd have done the same thing. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe he has built up a better repour beforehand dunno. He's no better looking than me either, skinny as well. God knows, never been good with girls if I'm honest, and in order to try and make the conversation flow when I run out of stuff to say, quite often say something stupid.

Among the Sleep said:
How about "Hey, wanna go behind the dumpster? I wanna show you a magic trick." :D

Lol. If your trying to scare her just tell her "say I was admiring you from accross the room. By the way are you going to walk to your car by yourself tonight" make sure you wink to, got to appear confident :club:

SimonT said:
Here's my dilemma. I've been single for a fair while now (4yrs) and my self esteem with women, as you can imagine, is very low, it's a combination of being fussy, having very bad approach anxiety, and being rubbish at creating attraction or a spark with women, does happen, but hardly, and I mean hardly ever. I have had a couple of little romances last year and the year before but didn't work out. Anyway, what I want to know (and this is for the ladies on this site, but guys can answer too, but I'd prefer a womans perspective) what should a guy say to start a conversation with a girl he's never met before, say, at a bus station or on the bus, in the street, in the supermarket, or in McDonalds? I see women all the time that I fancy, and these are the 4 places I generally go. Should I make eye contact, then smile, and if she smiles back, then make an approach, or do you not think that matters? I don't usually speak to any girls throughout my journeys during the day, cause if it goes badly, think it's coz my self-esteem is so low dunno, but it gets to me and plays on my mind all day, if not for a couple of days, I know sounds sad, but it's what happens. Perhaps I should learn to let things go. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hello!! you are so cute, what's your name? my name is...where do live...How is it possible I didn't see you at the bus station by now? etc.

Start with spouting some interesting facts about something relevant. Do some research. It will make you appear intelligent, be a good conversation starter. I know people perk up and usually get interested when I tell them something they didn't know....lol Like if you are at the bus stop...

**Diesel – High gasoline prices resulted in bus manufacturers switching over to diesel engines starting in the 1980s. By the 1990s, the entire industry had made the switch. The irony is diesel is now often more expensive than gasoline.
***China is said to be home to the world’s largest bus; the Neoplan Jumbocruiser which has three sections, five doors, and a 300-person capacity. Though both Australia and Brazil claim to have buses of equal, if not larger, girth. It is thought that if this bus envy spirals out of control and culminates in war followed by global apocalypse that will be a really depressing thing.
**Paul Stender from Indianapolis fitted a school bus with a Phantom fighter jet engine and created the world’s fastest bus. Capable of reaching a top speed of 367mph, it was still ten minutes late for its first pick-up.
*1827 – The year the first school bus was invented. Yes, it was that long ago! George Shillibear made it happen for the Newington Academy for Girls in England. The bus has tremendous horse power – literally. It was pulled by horses!
**The term ‘bus’ derives from the word ‘omnibus’, which in itself was a pun on the name Omnes, a hatter whose shop was situated outside one of the first bus stations in France.

Mcdonalds....
**McDonalds distributes 1.5 billion toys annually around the world. That is more than Toys R’ Us! Obviously, the reason is that each happy meal comes with a toy. In the U.S. nine out of ten kids between the ages of 3 and 9 eat at McDonalds once a month.
**Nearly one in eight workers in the US has at some time been employed by McDonald's. Some are even celebrities like Pink, Sharon Stone and Shania Twain.

*In India the "Big Mac" is changed into the "Maharaja Mac", a mutton burger in deference to religious injunctions against the consumption of beef and pork.

Just a thought

Naleena said:
Start with spouting some interesting facts about something relevant. Do some research. It will make you appear intelligent, be a good conversation starter. I know people perk up and usually get interested when I tell them something they didn't know....lol Like if you are at the bus stop...

**Diesel – High gasoline prices resulted in bus manufacturers switching over to diesel engines starting in the 1980s. By the 1990s, the entire industry had made the switch. The irony is diesel is now often more expensive than gasoline.
***China is said to be home to the world’s largest bus; the Neoplan Jumbocruiser which has three sections, five doors, and a 300-person capacity. Though both Australia and Brazil claim to have buses of equal, if not larger, girth. It is thought that if this bus envy spirals out of control and culminates in war followed by global apocalypse that will be a really depressing thing.
**Paul Stender from Indianapolis fitted a school bus with a Phantom fighter jet engine and created the world’s fastest bus. Capable of reaching a top speed of 367mph, it was still ten minutes late for its first pick-up.
*1827 – The year the first school bus was invented. Yes, it was that long ago! George Shillibear made it happen for the Newington Academy for Girls in England. The bus has tremendous horse power – literally. It was pulled by horses!
**The term ‘bus’ derives from the word ‘omnibus’, which in itself was a pun on the name Omnes, a hatter whose shop was situated outside one of the first bus stations in France.

Mcdonalds....
**McDonalds distributes 1.5 billion toys annually around the world. That is more than Toys R’ Us! Obviously, the reason is that each happy meal comes with a toy. In the U.S. nine out of ten kids between the ages of 3 and 9 eat at McDonalds once a month.
**Nearly one in eight workers in the US has at some time been employed by McDonald's. Some are even celebrities like Pink, Sharon Stone and Shania Twain.

*In India the "Big Mac" is changed into the "Maharaja Mac", a mutton burger in deference to religious injunctions against the consumption of beef and pork.

Just a thought

Can't figure you out- awesome or terrifying? I do know you're clueless about ice cream.

Latest posts

Back