What was the last thing that you took a picture of?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course okidoke is right, a couple decades or whatever is too long even if it is working well.

graphic.jpg

...but what is that...
It is a balance for sharpening mower blades. More sensitive than using a nail.
An unbalanced blade can cause vibrations which can stress your blade shaft and spindle.

Lawn mowers, toilets, we can't agree on anything.
Next thing you know, you will be wanting to drive on the wrong side of the road.
graphic.jpg

Mr Mischief Stops for a Portrait. Wherever he is, he wants to be elsewhere. He poops his pellets everywhere and harasses the poor cat. He rattles his barriers and wipes his scent on everything. He has one ear up and one ear down all the time. He’s a mischievous little thing, but cute.

53803377609_1545160f4a_c.jpg

Me touching a bumblebee.

I found a bee buzzing around in the clover, and I saw he couldn't fly. He climbed the stalks of clover, got some pollen, but seemed to fall back down again, waving his arms and legs.

I took this as a rare opportunity to touch a bee, something I'd never done before. I tried to get my finger to touch his extended bee "hand" in a sort of first contact. But he raised his stinger in defense. I tried to get him on a leaf, saying "it's OK Bee, get on the leaf, get on the leaf, get on the leaf". I wanted to get the bee out of the way so I didn't step on him because I was watering the plants. But the best I could do was get him to move out of the way on his own.

When I was done watering, I saw the bee was still there, so I decided to get some photos. I tried again to touch the bee, and to get a picture of the touch. Again and again, the bee hid in the grass, and when I moved the grass to get a photo, the bee came out, buzzing angrily, cursing me up and down in bumble, I'm sure. The bee actually ran at me several times - ever been chased by a bee before? Not flown after, but run after. It was kind of funny. And eventually after several misses, and much bee profanity, I got my bee touch photo.

I thanked the bee for his cooperation, and went on with my day.
I do hope he gets his wing strength back though, and his condition is only temporary.

🐝

@TheSkaFish aren’t you supposed to show us the pics? 🙃

Yeah, I will as soon as I upload them from my phone.

I was in a hurry those two days, so the posts were more like reminders that it happened on that day.

But yeah, I have proof! Not just spinning tall (or very short, in the case of insects) tales here.

Stay posted!

Me touching a bumblebee.

I found a bee buzzing around in the clover, and I saw he couldn't fly. He climbed the stalks of clover, got some pollen, but seemed to fall back down again, waving his arms and legs.

I took this as a rare opportunity to touch a bee, something I'd never done before. I tried to get my finger to touch his extended bee "hand" in a sort of first contact. But he raised his stinger in defense. I tried to get him on a leaf, saying "it's OK Bee, get on the leaf, get on the leaf, get on the leaf". I wanted to get the bee out of the way so I didn't step on him because I was watering the plants. But the best I could do was get him to move out of the way on his own.

When I was done watering, I saw the bee was still there, so I decided to get some photos. I tried again to touch the bee, and to get a picture of the touch. Again and again, the bee hid in the grass, and when I moved the grass to get a photo, the bee came out, buzzing angrily, cursing me up and down in bumble, I'm sure. The bee actually ran at me several times - ever been chased by a bee before? Not flown after, but run after. It was kind of funny. And eventually after several misses, and much bee profanity, I got my bee touch photo.

I thanked the bee for his cooperation, and went on with my day.
I do hope he gets his wing strength back though, and his condition is only temporary.

🐝
I love bees... From a distance. 😁

Would love to see the photo.

I love bees... From a distance. 😁

Would love to see the photo.

Yeah I'll try to get it uploaded later. I've always liked bees, I've always thought they were cool - probably because they can do it all - they can fly, they can sting/fight, and they are colorful. They have a cool shape.

And they have a cute face. I like to get photos of a bee's face, when I can.

It's not quite a "touch" of the bee, but it's so close, the bee was millimeters away.

I did actually get my finger on the bee, but it was just for a split second here and there. It was really hard to coordinate my finger, the camera, and the bee, all while avoiding the stinger.

And as it turns out, bees can run really fast!

Latest posts

Back