What's the first thing you do when you wake up?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing I do when I'm up is check my emails, then my facebook, then deviantart, then WTF Japan seriously blog, and then the two or three other forums I'm signed off with while I wait for the kettle to boil. A

And yes, it's always in that order.

I usually go to the bathroom, aimlessly browse the internet for 30 minutes, eat breakfast, then get in the car and drive to school with my brother- feeling horrible the whole time.

It depends...

If I don't have to get up in the mornings I might go back to sleep, soon after waking I will look at my phone, put on my dressing gown and slippers, take a multivitamin pill and make a cup of tea.
If the chickens are making a huge fuss, I will immediately get out of bed and run outside wearing a dressing gown and wellington boots to make sure all is well, usually they are just going mental seemingly for no reason but after the neighbour's fat ginger tabby killed two of my hens I am being extra vigilant, I know it's usually nothing but I will go and check anyway.

Toilet > Brush teeth > Shower > Shave > Breakfast and coffee > watch the news > pack my stuff > go to school

^^^^ that's an awesome realization to make every day.

what I do when I wake up: go shut off my phone alarm, then carefully crawl back into bed for half and hour or so, then shower/shave/brushteeth etc etc etc. then make my lunch if it is a placement or work day.

I generally begin my day by hurling hateful invectives at my alarm clock.

miltonbradley said:
Lately I've had the urge to just lay on my back and stare at the ceiling. I do this for about 2 hours before I finally force myself to get up and eat something. I'm so empty and lonely that I just don't see the point in moving. I'd lay there forever but starving yourself is probably a horrible way to die. Is it?

It's hard for me to get to sleep these days. I find myself crying before I get to sleep, and procrastinating for hours before I can finally calm my mind down and get some rest.

But yes, what I do in the morning is much the same. I try and sleep for as long as I can. When I wake up, I try and sleep some more. I then let my puppy out (he's the only reason I wake up at all, really), get back in bed and procrastinate for an hour, until like you I'm forced to wake up - by feeding my puppy, or my work obligations and chore obligations just so I can survive.

It's a terrible cycle. A work / chores / sadness in procrastination cycle.

But yes.. mornings are terrible. Evenings are even worse.

dont want to get up just lay but then i MUST go pee so it forces me to get up
and i usely have a boner when i woke up :p

I pee, wash my face, brush my teeth, and use the computer. Also, bump.

the first thing upon waking is i hit snooze on my phone.

Well...I pray. Thanking God for another wonderful day in my life and ask Him to bless everyone I know and love (especially my online friends!). Then I wash my face, brush my teeth, brush my hair, put on clothes, and rush out the door to volunteering!

Though I am awfully jealous of Peter, I should probably start doing push ups in the morning as well! You're such an inspiration :) Thank you!

I reach for the remote and turn on HLN for morning news with Robin Meade. She seems authentic, down to earth, and funny. As soon as I get out of bed, however, I turn the light on my fish aquarium. I've had this for 6 months and don't know how I ever slept without it. the gentle water noise, the bubbles, and the tranquility of the fish always lifts my spirits. Sometimes, I sleep with the aquarium light on but I don't think that is fair to the fish, so most of the time i turn it off.

Look out the window, realise the zombie apocalypse (or nuclear, take your pick) HASN'T happened. Mutter some vile obscenities and get on with the day.

Roll (literally) out of bed and faceplant the floor. Scratch my ass and skip breakfast. Wash up and bug the hell out of Minty if he's online. Pick around my bedhead. Then, go back to sleep.

Latest posts

Back