what's the point?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winterlong

Reaction score
for the last weeks I've been reading the forum without commenting at all. some time ago I was told to not add a comment if I wasn't helping to find a solution.
Let's face it, we are a bunch of really messed up people looking for some relief. but we just can't to always say "tomorrow is another day. it can't rain all the time. time heal almost everything" and stuff like that.

It's even unfair to say to another person who's feeling pretty much like you that everything will be ok when you barely believe that.

even if the comment isn't positive, discussion is always the key to find a solution.

don't know, just...

I want you to comment. :p

The "everything will get better" sayings do work, but not for those who are in what I call the "pit of depression". Nothing will take them out of it except their own sheer will.

I think it can be good to add a comment regardless if it helps to find a solution or not. Sometimes, when a person is really low, they don't want a solution anyway. They just need someone to say that they understand and are there or have been there themselves. Trying to give a solution to someone in the pits of despair and depression can actually be counterproductive as they often don't have the energy to implement it and then they feel guilty about this, which only makes them feel worse. So I would say to you to carry on commenting and not to worry about not offering solutions.

Tiina63 said:
I think it can be good to add a comment regardless if it helps to find a solution or not. Sometimes, when a person is really low, they don't want a solution anyway. They just need someone to say that they understand and are there or have been there themselves. Trying to give a solution to someone in the pits of despair and depression can actually be counterproductive as they often don't have the energy to implement it and then they feel guilty about this, which only makes them feel worse. So I would say to you to carry on commenting and not to worry about not offering solutions.

:) you're pretty smart

Winterlong said:
for the last weeks I've been reading the forum without commenting at all. some time ago I was told to not add a comment if I wasn't helping to find a solution.
Let's face it, we are a bunch of really messed up people looking for some relief. but we just can't to always say "tomorrow is another day. it can't rain all the time. time heal almost everything" and stuff like that.

It's even unfair to say to another person who's feeling pretty much like you that everything will be ok when you barely believe that.

even if the comment isn't positive, discussion is always the key to find a solution.

don't know, just...

You just helped me, I now realize I'm a really messed up person looking for relief.

Finally part of the "in" crowd.:D

SophiaGrace said:
Tiina63 said:

:) you're pretty smart
Indeed :)

Lonely in BC said:
Winterlong said:

don't know, just...

You just helped me, I now realize I'm a really messed up person looking for relief.

Finally part of the "in" crowd.:D

LOL :p

I don't know who told you not to comment... unless your comment was acidic or extremely bitter or insulting in nature. We DO try to foster a positive atmosphere here, and sometimes we may ask that people not write comments that are very negative.

But other than that... whoever told you not to comment was ******* stupid.

Its basically more like an on line journal for me.
I write mostly about my experience, process
Or progress.

I was very sueicidal the day i sign up on here.
Ive had gotten my in such a depressing state.
It was kinf of like i was having night torrors.
My bldy became so heavy that i couldnt get
My self out of bed no matter how i much
Command my mind gave my body...
That was a weird experience.....
I had isolatrd myself and didnt go outside.
People reach out to me. It took me over a week to go outside.
Talk about taking baby steps.

Not just from loneliness.
I also had cabin fever kind of thing.lol
I want to vommit beimg aroind people.

My mind and body had adjusted itself
To such a state....it wss really weird as
I also observed what was happening to
Me.

Sometimes you have to take the body first
Then the mind will follow

Then Nalee would call me.
Just to hear another humans voice was
Another stage or progress i made.

I dint want to vommit talking to her.Lmao

Tiina63 said:

See, this is why I love your posts, Tina :shy:

Calling everyone on ALL "a bunch of really messed up people looking for some relief" is probably not the most eloquent way to put it. Especially because it's not true. The only generalization that can be made about the people here is that we are lonely.

Maybe statements like that are why someone would have suggested you not leave a comment unless it is solution oriented?

Latest posts

Back